Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836064 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7245 on: October 20, 2012, 04:47:25 pm »

I suspect dfhack is at fault on some of these thing. Remove any doors/hatches that might be between your stockpiles and the new farm plots.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: October 20, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »

Are you being effected by the burrow bug? Try making  burrow that covers the entire fort.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: October 20, 2012, 06:19:04 pm »

Does tetrahedrite no longer produce silver in MDF2?  I've smelted at least 10 tetrahedrite ores in my current game and gotten only copper out of it each time.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just got silver in my latest smelting attempt.

Gopherboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: October 20, 2012, 08:01:47 pm »

I have a golem that's in dire need of repair; is there some workshop or something that I can build to bring him back up to full strength?

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: October 20, 2012, 08:44:44 pm »

I have a golem that's in dire need of repair; is there some workshop or something that I can build to bring him back up to full strength?

Golem forge is what you are looking for. Just note that it can only mend light damage.

Pasture your golem in centre of forge and add task so hopefully one of your dwarves will try to get the job done.

Haven't tried it myslelf (I'm not a big fan of golems) but according to what other players reported, there is a good chance it might just not work for some reason.

Gopherboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: October 21, 2012, 03:40:53 am »

Golem forge is what you are looking for. Just note that it can only mend light damage.

Pasture your golem in centre of forge and add task so hopefully one of your dwarves will try to get the job done.

Haven't tried it myslelf (I'm not a big fan of golems) but according to what other players reported, there is a good chance it might just not work for some reason.

Under which menu is Golem Forge under?  I've combed through Workshops and Furnaces and it's not in either of those...

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: October 21, 2012, 04:28:17 am »

Its a magma building, so you need to get to lava to get it.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: October 21, 2012, 07:32:59 am »

I suspect dfhack is at fault on some of these thing. Remove any doors/hatches that might be between your stockpiles and the new farm plots.
Are you being effected by the burrow bug? Try making  burrow that covers the entire fort.
The seeds is next to the farm plot so there is nothing in the way and i've tried dumping and reclaiming the seeds.

With the special buildings when turning the dwarf into something else, do they still work like a normal dwarf but with added abilities? Say I make a lifemancer, could i put him in a military unit where he acts like a normal military dwarf?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: October 21, 2012, 10:57:28 am »

In the past version you often had to queue up 5 or 10 of the same task to get even 1 or 2 successes when it came to the animal pen and golem forge.

Pikdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: October 21, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »

Say, have slings been thought of as a potential ranged weapon?

Considering how easy they are to make, and how surprisingly effective they can be with heavier ammo, I think they'd be fun to have.
We could even make cast lead sling bullets or sling darts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sling_%28weapon%29

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: October 21, 2012, 01:30:12 pm »

With the special buildings when turning the dwarf into something else, do they still work like a normal dwarf but with added abilities? Say I make a lifemancer, could i put him in a military unit where he acts like a normal military dwarf?
Yes, it uses 'castes' they are still dwarfs, and will still work properly in the military. They may eventually consider certain jobs to be 'beneath' them, especially when they have such power in them that they can smite down their foes with simply a thought. You want me to hauls rocks!?! I could make you burst into flames right where you stand! No, I think I will go topside and Protect the fort.. From the bar. Do you have a problem with that overseer? *dwarf points flaming hand at overseer*

Obivonknobi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: October 21, 2012, 01:52:22 pm »

Within a second of my current save, 27 of my happy as can be dwarves suddenly go berserk. They proceed to have fun. Is this a bug? If not, can someone explain what triggered it? Is there something I can do to make them happy and kind again (DFHack or something)?

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: October 21, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »

I'm trying to make a Great Bifrost Forge. It's asking for five non-economic building bifrost bars.

I've killed ten frost giants, and have ten bifrost bars. I've tried enabling them as a building material in the stone menu. Nothing.

Do I have to process them somehow before I can use them for the forge?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: October 21, 2012, 03:16:41 pm »

Within a second of my current save, 27 of my happy as can be dwarves suddenly go berserk. They proceed to have fun. Is this a bug? If not, can someone explain what triggered it? Is there something I can do to make them happy and kind again (DFHack or something)?

Check:
-The thoughts of the dwarfes for anything negative (Lost a spouse is common and quite evil)
-Combat reports for "strange and funny" reports (hidden fun masterwork stuff)
-Depending on the version, if you conducted experiments in the techlab while a lot of dwarfes run past it..... well, one of the bad results is a gas that makes dwarfes go crazy.....

cobaltness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: October 22, 2012, 12:51:31 am »

I have been trying to make a steel golem for a while now. I have all the needed materials, but whenever I try to create a golem it just creates a blinding flash of light and my dwarf comes out ungolemified every time. Sometimes it will use up a long sword or spear in the process.
What should I do! Help!
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 749