Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836014 times)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7200 on: October 14, 2012, 04:32:07 pm »

Does Masterwork also edit the occurrence of royalty? Because I just became a mountainhome, and along with the king came thirty dwarves with the title of 'lord'. I can't find this title in the DF wiki, but the seem to have no demands, are not lazy, but they can pose mandates (suddenly! 30 mandates! *sigh*)...Also, I now have a couple of dwarves with somewhat unusual titles, such as 'exalted abyss' which can also make mandates but don't show up in the nobles screen. What gives?

Also, is it intended when setting up a guardian of Armok at a spawn location that it just creates gas that boils off harmlessly?
Mods can't spawn creatures, so the way it works is the stone is created, then that boils away into a gas, then that is inhaled by your dwarf, then that causes your dwarf to transform... into a strange creature! then it develops a strange growth on its back, then that pops off and transforms into guardian of Armok, then the strange dwarf-spawner creature begins to transform back into his normal dwarf self, then your dwarf goes around the fort trying to convince the other dwarfs to try inhaling these rocks. More dwarfs will of course experiment with the stuff, 'for the good of the fort' but be careful.. because sometimes things DO GO WRONG. As you found out. Usually everyone is safe, but over use of the dwarven 'wacky dust' can eventually lead to dwarf-death.

Thanks for the reply! In that case, isn't it a bit strange to first have only a 10% succes rate at the offering at the magma temple, and THEN be unsure whether the syndrome caused by the boiling stone actually affects the dwarf who places it? Or is this intended to make the Iron guardian actually rare?

BTW, my question about the nobility still stands.

This is not intentional, it's a known bug, spawn reactions are mostly broken. They kind of work, but as you can see, not reliable, and as far as I know, won't be present in MDF2.

Nobility: Hell if I know. I've never seen this, so I guess it's not normal.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

MacAlba

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: October 14, 2012, 06:07:19 pm »

H'lo gents n dames
Been chewing my way through this mod for a couple days now and while starting to get the hang of it, I'm having troubles with custom stockpiles.  Is there a way to make piles for specific non-economic stones and drakescale leather?

Also, has anyone built an industries flowchart yet?  The search-fu is weak with this one.
Not sure about the flowchart, anything specific?

Thinking of a process list, similar to the ones on the wiki.  i.e. i found Material X and can't figure how to process it w/o digging through the building guides.  If there isn't one yet then I'll start building one.

As for Stockpiles:

There's generally three columns and some options underneath.

Metal Ores
Economic
Other Stone
Clay

I got that part, but the Other Stone list seems to be missing most of the native stone types. In this case, I'm trying to make a basalt pile for one workshop, a kimberlite pile for another, (nvm, braifart) and a drakescale pile for my crafters... come to think of it, what shop is used to process scale after shearing/slaughter?

McA

EDIT: Finally found drakescale in the raws. Turns out its shell.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 07:35:49 pm by MacAlba »

cloaknsmoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: October 15, 2012, 09:24:49 am »

I have been trying to heal my golems for a while now. I made a 1 square pasture in the center of my golem forge and put the heal action on repeat. I know somebody was going and doing it because my mechanism count decreased a lot. The golems don't seem to have healed though. I have been affecting light repairs for quite a while and I don't think the reaction works like it's supposed to. Worst case is I sacrifice more low potential dwarves to become golems, and I guess that isn't so bad.

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: October 15, 2012, 06:46:33 pm »

Hey Meph,

Remember how I love to find out why my trade depots burn down? I think it was some exotic mineral last time. This time it's sandstone.

The caravan comes in, unloads, and instantly catches on fire. He brought me a bag of sandstone.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: October 15, 2012, 07:34:35 pm »

Hey Meph,

Remember how I love to find out why my trade depots burn down? I think it was some exotic mineral last time. This time it's sandstone.

The caravan comes in, unloads, and instantly catches on fire. He brought me a bag of sandstone.

That sounds like a pretty damn exotic mineral to me.  Something that's both sand and stone at the same time?  It's like Schrodinger's Mineral, man.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: October 15, 2012, 08:36:41 pm »

How does offering a life to Armok work?
Ive got some dwarves  i don't need but don't want to risk valuble ons?>

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: October 15, 2012, 11:59:39 pm »

How does offering a life to Armok work?
Ive got some dwarves  i don't need but don't want to risk valuble ons?>

If you don't want to risk valuable ones, you can use the manager to allow only certain dwarves to use the workshop with (IIRC) "l" while "q"uerying the building.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: October 16, 2012, 04:24:55 am »

H'lo gents n dames
Been chewing my way through this mod for a couple days now and while starting to get the hang of it, I'm having troubles with custom stockpiles.  Is there a way to make piles for specific non-economic stones and drakescale leather?

Also, has anyone built an industries flowchart yet?  The search-fu is weak with this one.
Not sure about the flowchart, anything specific?

Thinking of a process list, similar to the ones on the wiki.  i.e. i found Material X and can't figure how to process it w/o digging through the building guides.  If there isn't one yet then I'll start building one.

Not that I've found, occasionally I've had to ask as I couldn't figure it out and I'm still learning about how to read the raws properly.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: October 16, 2012, 06:37:17 am »

I have been trying to heal my golems for a while now. I made a 1 square pasture in the center of my golem forge and put the heal action on repeat. I know somebody was going and doing it because my mechanism count decreased a lot. The golems don't seem to have healed though. I have been affecting light repairs for quite a while and I don't think the reaction works like it's supposed to. Worst case is I sacrifice more low potential dwarves to become golems, and I guess that isn't so bad.
I think the reaction is broken or only works occasionally, quite a few people have posted the same thing. Hopefully fixed in Masterwork 2!

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: October 16, 2012, 07:12:24 am »

Nah, golems are overrated. By the time you set up a golem forge you can with some practice already have a somewhat trained squad of steel or welded mithril-clad soldiers and able doctors if you kindly ask some migrants to regularly stand on trapdoors or drawbridges so your medical staff can be ready to treat combat wounds efficiently.

Did anyone notice in latest stable version that in DwarfTherapist all dwarves are of the same average size? Not sure if its therapist error or did Meph standardize them because before I'm sure that one or two versions earlier I had some dwarves able to wield zweihanders in one hand, needless to say, a dwarf armed with big-ass sword and a towershield is unstopable killing machine.

iamrawr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: October 16, 2012, 01:04:49 pm »

I tried searching but I couldn't find anything.

How do I make the mod's ascii look like vanilla ascii?

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: October 16, 2012, 02:13:12 pm »

What do you mean? Do you want to turn off True Type fonts? turn off the creature sprites? change the colors? or change the tile set?

Those are the 4 main things that make up what actually is shown on the screen, I'm not quite sure what it is that your are seeing that isn't 'ascii' enough?

iamrawr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: October 16, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »

What do you mean? Do you want to turn off True Type fonts? turn off the creature sprites? change the colors? or change the tile set?

Those are the 4 main things that make up what actually is shown on the screen, I'm not quite sure what it is that your are seeing that isn't 'ascii' enough?

I managed to change the resolution that made it look weird, but I can't figure out how to change the colour now.
Someone gave them a beard too. I don't like that.

Kpn.Kardif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: October 16, 2012, 05:14:16 pm »

I need help with my retarded marksdwarves!  I had a migrant wave show up with four rangers, so I decided to draft all of them into the military as marksdwarves using crossbows, cause they were good at it.  They have weapons and quivers, but they just won't pick up bolts.  They originally filled their quivers with javelins, which obviously won't work with crossbows.  Got them do drop those, but now they just hang around with empty quivers!  I have made tons of bolts, i have disabled/re-enabled the squad, disbanded, change the amount of ammo they have, removing ammo stockpiles, everything i can think of or have thus far found on the internets, all to no avail.  I don't know if it's mod related, but seeing as how they'll pick up javelins, I thought its worth a shot!  Any help is greatly appreciated.   

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: October 16, 2012, 06:07:29 pm »

I need help with my retarded marksdwarves!  I had a migrant wave show up with four rangers, so I decided to draft all of them into the military as marksdwarves using crossbows, cause they were good at it.  They have weapons and quivers, but they just won't pick up bolts.  They originally filled their quivers with javelins, which obviously won't work with crossbows.  Got them do drop those, but now they just hang around with empty quivers!  I have made tons of bolts, i have disabled/re-enabled the squad, disbanded, change the amount of ammo they have, removing ammo stockpiles, everything i can think of or have thus far found on the internets, all to no avail.  I don't know if it's mod related, but seeing as how they'll pick up javelins, I thought its worth a shot!  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you changed the material type they are allowed to use in the ammo section of the military menus?  If you forbid everything but the ammo type you want them to use, this usually clears up the problem.  Not always, unfortunately, dorfs being dorfs, but it helps in most situations.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 749