Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836025 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7185 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:55 am »

Does Masterwork also edit the occurrence of royalty? Because I just became a mountainhome, and along with the king came thirty dwarves with the title of 'lord'. I can't find this title in the DF wiki, but the seem to have no demands, are not lazy, but they can pose mandates (suddenly! 30 mandates! *sigh*)...Also, I now have a couple of dwarves with somewhat unusual titles, such as 'exalted abyss' which can also make mandates but don't show up in the nobles screen. What gives?

Also, is it intended when setting up a guardian of Armok at a spawn location that it just creates gas that boils off harmlessly?
Mods can't spawn creatures, so the way it works is the stone is created, then that boils away into a gas, then that is inhaled by your dwarf, then that causes your dwarf to transform... into a strange creature! then it develops a strange growth on its back, then that pops off and transforms into guardian of Armok, then the strange dwarf-spawner creature begins to transform back into his normal dwarf self, then your dwarf goes around the fort trying to convince the other dwarfs to try inhaling these rocks. More dwarfs will of course experiment with the stuff, 'for the good of the fort' but be careful.. because sometimes things DO GO WRONG. As you found out. Usually everyone is safe, but over use of the dwarven 'wacky dust' can eventually lead to dwarf-death.
A moody dwarf (possession mores the pity) just made a bone meteor hammer; should I be looking to give it to a military dwarf or put it on display as useless?  *a little confused*
Meteor is good.

I would test this, for !SCIENCE!

Grab a few goblins to practice on, compare it's effects to those of another hammer.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 12:15:38 pm by zenerbufen »

Solarion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: October 13, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »

Does Masterwork also edit the occurrence of royalty? Because I just became a mountainhome, and along with the king came thirty dwarves with the title of 'lord'. I can't find this title in the DF wiki, but the seem to have no demands, are not lazy, but they can pose mandates (suddenly! 30 mandates! *sigh*)...Also, I now have a couple of dwarves with somewhat unusual titles, such as 'exalted abyss' which can also make mandates but don't show up in the nobles screen. What gives?

Also, is it intended when setting up a guardian of Armok at a spawn location that it just creates gas that boils off harmlessly?
Mods can't spawn creatures, so the way it works is the stone is created, then that boils away into a gas, then that is inhaled by your dwarf, then that causes your dwarf to transform... into a strange creature! then it develops a strange growth on its back, then that pops off and transforms into guardian of Armok, then the strange dwarf-spawner creature begins to transform back into his normal dwarf self, then your dwarf goes around the fort trying to convince the other dwarfs to try inhaling these rocks. More dwarfs will of course experiment with the stuff, 'for the good of the fort' but be careful.. because sometimes things DO GO WRONG. As you found out. Usually everyone is safe, but over use of the dwarven 'wacky dust' can eventually lead to dwarf-death.

Thanks for the reply! In that case, isn't it a bit strange to first have only a 10% succes rate at the offering at the magma temple, and THEN be unsure whether the syndrome caused by the boiling stone actually affects the dwarf who places it? Or is this intended to make the Iron guardian actually rare?

BTW, my question about the nobility still stands.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: October 13, 2012, 01:14:37 pm »

Ok, for those like me who like to use a good list of dfhack workflow commands, I went ahead and gathered all the commands I could find for use on the new industries of the MWDF2 alpha build.  I started with Ingarad's list, added many others from countless posts I searched for, and finally dug through the raws or just did some trial and error to get the rest. Feel free to let me know if I missed anything, as I certainly could only test about half of it myself on my current fort.   

It's grouped by purpose if it's for building/equipment and then by specific industry of material.  I included the job item-material commands where they would be useful, but most of the time you can control material via the job you select in which workshop.  The amounts are kept low to not overwhelm a starting fortress and to use JIT industrial principles when making intermediate items (keep low stock of pig iron or level 0 traps for example).  Adjust the .txt file as you play and just re-run the script, it's set to clear everything and reset at the top.

Due to size and it's only an alpha file of an alpha mod on an alpha game, I'll post it on my dropbox for now: http://db.tt/TmhsH85o
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:15:59 pm by dukea42 »
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: October 13, 2012, 02:25:54 pm »

A moody dwarf (possession mores the pity) just made a bone meteor hammer; should I be looking to give it to a military dwarf or put it on display as useless?  *a little confused*
Meteor is good.

I would test this, for !SCIENCE!

Grab a few goblins to practice on, compare it's effects to those of another hammer.

Thanks.  Currently only got warlocks as prisoners so I'm not going to try that one them, they go into the slice and dice room rather than throw military at them.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: October 13, 2012, 04:08:23 pm »

Slightly off topic and may very get lost amongst the jumble of things here; but when can we be expecting an update Meph (or anyone who may know?) :)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: October 13, 2012, 04:57:39 pm »

Um, do humans usually just sit on the edge of the map around a campfire and not do anything?  (They apparently blamed me for choosing to turn up in the middle of an ambush)  It's not hugely bugging me, confined the dwarves to the fortress and they haven't even come near the tunnel under the river let alone the fortress entrance, but I'd like to finish trapping the under the lake tunnel.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

MacAlba

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: October 13, 2012, 05:02:59 pm »

H'lo gents n dames
Been chewing my way through this mod for a couple days now and while starting to get the hang of it, I'm having troubles with custom stockpiles.  Is there a way to make piles for specific non-economic stones and drakescale leather?

Also, has anyone built an industries flowchart yet?  The search-fu is weak with this one.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: October 13, 2012, 05:47:55 pm »

H'lo gents n dames
Been chewing my way through this mod for a couple days now and while starting to get the hang of it, I'm having troubles with custom stockpiles.  Is there a way to make piles for specific non-economic stones and drakescale leather?

Also, has anyone built an industries flowchart yet?  The search-fu is weak with this one.

Not sure about the flowchart, anything specific?  If I know I'll try to answer, still working a lot out myself though.

As for Stockpiles:

There's generally three columns and some options underneath.

First layer:

Animals
Food
Furniture/Seige Ammo
Corpses
Refuse
Stone
Ammo
Coins
Bars/Blocks
Gems
Finished Goods
Leather
Cloth
Wood
Weapons/Trap Comps
Armor
Additional Options

e: enable                     a: Allow All
d: Disable                    b: Block All
enter: Toggle                                              829346: Scroll

If you highlight Stone and hit e (or select s for stone when painting the stockpile originally) you get another column:

Metal Ores
Economic
Other Stone
Clay

You can hit f or p to forbid or permit all in each section.  Next to that is a third column with individual types, if you highlight and hit enter you can toggle a specific type on or off.  Leather doesn't have subsections, just a list of types of leather.

Hope that's not too confusing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: October 13, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »

Um, do humans usually just sit on the edge of the map around a campfire and not do anything?  (They apparently blamed me for choosing to turn up in the middle of an ambush)  It's not hugely bugging me, confined the dwarves to the fortress and they haven't even come near the tunnel under the river let alone the fortress entrance, but I'd like to finish trapping the under the lake tunnel.

This isn't even remotely related to Masterwork, but yeah, that's what [SIEGER] does. The humans are besieging you. It works really well when supplies from the outside world are required, but dwarves get everything they need underground, so it doesn't work that well :P

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: October 13, 2012, 06:50:06 pm »

This isn't even remotely related to Masterwork, but yeah, that's what [SIEGER] does. The humans are besieging you. It works really well when supplies from the outside world are required, but dwarves get everything they need underground, so it doesn't work that well :P

Oh, oops, sorry.  Never seen anything other than a "vile force of darkness" seige before.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: October 13, 2012, 06:58:52 pm »

Well, here's the thing about mods: if it isn't done by DFHack and requires actually adding anything that isn't normally in the game that isn't a creature, building, reaction, civilization, material, plant, descriptor, color, item, interaction, body part, language, tissue or symbol, then it isn't the mod.

You would be very surprised at just how much isn't those things.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 07:01:22 pm by Putnam »

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: October 14, 2012, 07:19:52 am »

So. 

Should my tiny settlement of dwarves be concerned that their liason to the Mountainhomes is also an Apostle of Armok?

Oh, the political drama that can be had...

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: October 14, 2012, 11:30:05 am »

So. 

Should my tiny settlement of dwarves be concerned that their liason to the Mountainhomes is also an Apostle of Armok?

Haha :) Personally I think all the religion stuff should use the Druid skill instead of strand extraction :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: October 14, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »

So. 

Haha :) Personally I think all the religion stuff should use the Druid skill instead of strand extraction :P

The main problem with that is that you can't assign that particular skill to be used in labors.

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: October 14, 2012, 02:37:22 pm »

How do you grow those devil mushrooms and armork's shrooms?
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 749