Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835897 times)

McClaude

• Bay Watcher
  • South is hotter... always. I hate sweat.
    • View Profile
    • Google+
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7140 on: October 07, 2012, 11:26:45 pm »

thanks fot the quick reply dude. I was about punish (hard) the incompetenten dwarf McIbrewplantsasndropthebooze...
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress
LET`S CONTRIBUTE ON THE WIKI!
http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com/

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: October 08, 2012, 02:39:50 am »

It's used at the Hall of the Mountain King to create stonebound warriors, I think.

Since you mention how to find things by searching raws;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't mind helping look things up, just showing how easy it can be, if that's not helpful please disregard :)

Thanks :) Sometimes I'm not sure what I'm looking at, I did actually try searching for it but couldn't figure out what it was saying.  Mental note: reagents = use

In the d_init.txt file under the init folder under the data folder, make sure that [PILLAR_TILE:(whatever)] is [PILLAR_TILE:'O'].

So that's where those things are, I was going nuts trying to find them.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: October 08, 2012, 07:19:39 am »

Does higher levels in Strand Extractor skill increase the chances of success and/or reduce the time required to complete a prayer at a Shrine / Altar / Temple of Armok?

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #7143 on: October 08, 2012, 11:33:05 am »

@chromasphere: Yes, I do. I begin to think that this last update was a bad idea though.. I fixed the stockpiling of the boneblocks, but of course they are counted as an inorganic mat now, not a bony-mat anymore. This means that the build-mats for the church are broken.

My god, I cant believe how stupid this game is sometimes... here the fix: Go to data/sava/raw/objects, find Building_magic.txt, find the church of the dark depths, find this ANY_BONE_MATERIAL next to the blocks, and delete it.

Hi Meph, I started playing your mod a few weeks ago (I started Dwarf Fortress itself not much more before that).

I was having the same problem as chromasphere yesterday, and I also started messing around with the raws. I was able to locate the same raw you are mentioning, and trying to tinker it to make it work somehow. (I'm still learning to work with raws)
However, nothing I did, neither deleting the ANY_BONE_MATERIAL you mention seems to work. Do I have to strictly generate a new world for this to apply?

One more question, kind of related...
What about changing certain invasor settings? Do I have to generate a new world with them ON to appear? Or can I turn them on and will affect my saves?

Whichever the answers, stills thanks for a really awesome mod  :P

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: October 08, 2012, 11:43:34 am »

Does higher levels in Strand Extractor skill increase the chances of success and/or reduce the time required to complete a prayer at a Shrine / Altar / Temple of Armok?
the chance of getting something from praying is hard coded in the raws (easy to edit even mid-game) but higher skill does affect the speed as it reduces the time required

i had my pillars looking like dead trees... i went to an old mw file and pulled the tile from it for [PILLAR_TILE:199] which has a more middle age look to it, using phoebus*

i gave up on the still reactions a long time ago myself, i use stockpile links to the still.  1 for the type of plant and 1 for empty barrels or 1 custom pile for both; linked from the stockpile to the still

@chromasphere: Yes, I do. I begin to think that this last update was a bad idea though.. I fixed the stockpiling of the boneblocks, but of course they are counted as an inorganic mat now, not a bony-mat anymore. This means that the build-mats for the church are broken.

My god, I cant believe how stupid this game is sometimes... here the fix: Go to data/sava/raw/objects, find Building_magic.txt, find the church of the dark depths, find this ANY_BONE_MATERIAL next to the blocks, and delete it.

Hi Meph, I started playing your mod a few weeks ago (I started Dwarf Fortress itself not much more before that).

I was having the same problem as chromasphere yesterday, and I also started messing around with the raws. I was able to locate the same raw you are mentioning, and trying to tinker it to make it work somehow. (I'm still learning to work with raws)
However, nothing I did, neither deleting the ANY_BONE_MATERIAL you mention seems to work. Do I have to strictly generate a new world for this to apply?

One more question, kind of related...
What about changing certain invasor settings? Do I have to generate a new world with them ON to appear? Or can I turn them on and will affect my saves?

Whichever the answers, stills thanks for a really awesome mod  :P

haven't used magic yet... but i believe if you turned off invaders in general then i believe it'll affect your saves if turned back on but if it's the races such as turning on goblins after you made the world without them then they won't repopulate : /
but all the opposing races could have been dealt with already, or close to dead, then they still won't bother you
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: October 08, 2012, 02:33:10 pm »

Meph, thank you for reinbursing my love for dwarf fortress.
This is why I love this community, striving to see what we can do to improve DF and its future.
Thank you.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: October 08, 2012, 03:19:51 pm »

Quick info on invaders: All the changes only apply after generating a new world (afaik). You can check the populations on generation screen, but after that point, only way to change invading races is to make them extinct.

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: October 08, 2012, 07:20:17 pm »

Quick info on invaders: All the changes only apply after generating a new world (afaik). You can check the populations on generation screen, but after that point, only way to change invading races is to make them extinct.

haven't used magic yet... but i believe if you turned off invaders in general then i believe it'll affect your saves if turned back on but if it's the races such as turning on goblins after you made the world without them then they won't repopulate : /
but all the opposing races could have been dealt with already, or close to dead, then they still won't bother you

Thanks for the replies guys  :)
Based on this I started a new fort, with all the types of invaders turned to ON. Last time I died twice to Stranglers  :-[
One more question though..
My last main squad was made of Javeline throwers, and were really useful. Now I want to try with Axe Throwers, to see if I can chop off body parts more often, which then helps make more ironbone/bloodsteel, which then helps chop off more body parts, etc :P
Where do I find in the raws the internal ID of the Axe Throwers ammo? (which I'm guessing is the Axe Heads) I want to add a constraint to dfhack to automatize ammo production, as I had done with Javelines by looking them up in the item_ammo_masterwork.txt. But I coundn't find axes there :(
Any ideas?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: October 08, 2012, 07:25:00 pm »

item_weapon_throwing.txt(92): [ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_AXE]
item_weapon_throwing.txt(93): [NAME:axe head:axe heads]

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: October 08, 2012, 08:09:06 pm »

item_weapon_throwing.txt(92): [ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_AXE]
item_weapon_throwing.txt(93): [NAME:axe head:axe heads]

Seems like that's it. Thanks! Let's see how much I last now :P

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: October 08, 2012, 11:41:44 pm »

Did I understand correctly from your other post that You're playing with all Meph's enemy races and all of Fortress Defense? Good luck!

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: October 09, 2012, 03:38:37 pm »

Small bug in 1.9.5, soap made at the Apothecarius isn't used by dwarves when washing. Just noticed they are not using any even though I have around 20 sitting there. It also doesn't come up as a building material so there must be something wrong about it.

PierceElliot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: October 09, 2012, 10:16:31 pm »

I've ran into a few small problems FUN THINGS!

1. If I spawn on a map with iron ready, the anvils bug out on embark and I have to acquire them from traders.

2. If I spawn on a map with no iron deposits, I get the anvil on embark.

3. A dwarf just tantrumed and destroyed a bridge. After tossing the said individual down a pit with spikes and fire breathing forgotten beasts FUN THINGS HAPPENED! I tried to rebuild the bridge. didn't work. Tried creating a new bridge, no dwarves will build it. Designated an iron bridge to be built, no dwarves would build it. Tried one out of wood, no dwarves would build it. Checked jobs, even made sure every single one of my dwarves had Masonry, Relevant Metal Skills, Carpentry, and Architecture labors enabled and waited a year, nothing.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: October 09, 2012, 11:06:45 pm »

I've ran into a few small problems FUN THINGS!

1. If I spawn on a map with iron ready, the anvils bug out on embark and I have to acquire them from traders.

2. If I spawn on a map with no iron deposits, I get the anvil on embark.

3. A dwarf just tantrumed and destroyed a bridge. After tossing the said individual down a pit with spikes and fire breathing forgotten beasts FUN THINGS HAPPENED! I tried to rebuild the bridge. didn't work. Tried creating a new bridge, no dwarves will build it. Designated an iron bridge to be built, no dwarves would build it. Tried one out of wood, no dwarves would build it. Checked jobs, even made sure every single one of my dwarves had Masonry, Relevant Metal Skills, Carpentry, and Architecture labors enabled and waited a year, nothing.

Do they have access to the materials? Because if some of your dwarfes are on one side, and the materials are on the other.... well, then the bridge is not gonna happen

Where is Meph, by the way, didnt see him in a long time, maybe another german internet goodiness?

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: October 10, 2012, 12:26:55 am »

Maybe a bug or something i want to turn off
my fortress has a value of 50376
I just got a undead siege with about 60 members
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 749