Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835887 times)

PierceElliot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7125 on: October 05, 2012, 12:37:44 am »

I have a question about this Mod. Actually, many questions. However, I was wondering if there was a more detailed guide to the mod than the one given. Not to say that the guides weren't detailed on the topics they covered, but there were many topics left unmentioned. Such as the War Library, how exactly does one *use* it. What is a blood Golem? Should my 30 dwarves with little to no armor and wooden shields have been able to take down a Hill Titan whom has venomous bites with 1 casualty and 4 wounded dwarves? Or was this merely a glitch? Turrets - Who, what, how, why? Psychiatrist? Does this mean that if my dwarves have a problem with something they can get happy pills? If a dwarf is throwing a tantrum, do the guards now pin him down and force him to take Ritalin/Rita-out?

I feel very lost while playing this mod. I'm surviving, and at times - thriving. But I don't even understand how/why sometimes. Any feedback would be great. 

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: October 05, 2012, 12:52:27 am »

The new version will have a full manual.

>   Should my 30 dwarves with little to no armor and wooden shields have been able to take down a
>   Hill Titan whom has venomous bites with 1 casualty and 4 wounded dwarves?

Sounds like a pretty even match up to me.  Run it in the arena 10 times and report the results?  Masterwork mod has a pretty small effect on this scenario, for example if some of your dwarves were from castes which improve their strength or agility.

>  Turrets - Who, what, how, why?
Who: Dwarves
What: Turrets
How: Buy them from the caravan and station them as if they were animals in pastures behind fortifications.  Fire, web and other turrets do area damage and are awesome, but you might want to start with Bullet and Slade turrets, these fire rock like projectiles with no friendly-fire danger.  The turrets that you can craft are more complicated and can be a little bit frustrating to deploy, so my advice is for new players to stick to the purchased ones.
Why:   To shoot stuff at your enemies.  Gives you some more options, because vanilla siege engines are even more complicated to deploy effectively.

> Psychiatrist?

Is just another noble with the responibility to Pacify & Console unhappy dwarves, that kind of thing.

> Does this mean that if my dwarves have a problem with something they can get happy pills?
> If a dwarf is throwing a tantrum, do the guards now pin him down and force him to take Ritalin/Rita-out?

No, he just meets unhappy dwarves in his office.  (edit.  ... well, actually there may be music and drinks that can soothe angry dwarves, come to think of it, but it has nothing to do with the psychiatrist)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:54:32 am by smakemupagus »

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: October 05, 2012, 08:46:26 am »

The new version will have a full manual.

I'm looking forward to that then *chuckle* trying to find the information sometimes is...interesting.  Sometimes I could swear I've seen something then can't find it to check exactly what it was.  Enjoying the mod immensly though, don't think I could go back to vanilla now.  Developed an intense hatred for Trapavoid though *chuckle*

Two things that are bugging me at the moment; where do I find the Fish Farm?  And what can the untranslated runes be used for?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: October 05, 2012, 11:02:41 am »

the fish farm is unbuildable due to it being called FISH_POND instead of FISH_FARM somewhere in the raws. doh! i fixed it in my personal install but am not sure where it was exactly!

and i don't know what the untranslated rune is for... can't look it up right now, sorry =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: October 05, 2012, 12:31:10 pm »

entity_default.txt (search and notepad++ are wonderful things) still feel like I'm trying to read backwards or something when trying to make sense of the raws but at least I knew what I was looking for this time, thanks :)

I know you can attempt to (re)create an untranslated rune with a fairly high chance of something bad happening, which suggests it's needed to be used somewhere.  Everything I look at thinking it would be a logical place comes up empty (obviously I'm not good at dwarven logic *chuckle* )
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: October 05, 2012, 04:34:35 pm »

It's used at the Hall of the Mountain King to create stonebound warriors, I think.

Since you mention how to find things by searching raws;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't mind helping look things up, just showing how easy it can be, if that's not helpful please disregard :)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: October 05, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »

If I wanted to borrow just one or two portions of this mod for my semi-vanilla game (specifically: generic leather and reduced number of clothing types) how difficult would it be fore me to implement this, oh mighty modders?
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: October 05, 2012, 04:58:05 pm »

Reduced number of redundant clothing is just a mater of deleting the corresponding tokens from each entity definition such as [WEAPON], HELM, ARMOR, etc. tokens.  Note that Masterwork invaders have their custom ARMOR pieces be unusually large so they cover a majority of the body like a giant onesy, to compensate for the total lack of gloves and stuff; setting that up is a bit more complicated.

Generic leather would be much harder, although if you study MW raws you can learn it, it requires some pretty complex and wholesale changes.  Custom generic materials, custom body detail plans, changes to every animal.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: October 05, 2012, 06:42:00 pm »

Reduced number of redundant clothing is just a mater of deleting the corresponding tokens from each entity definition such as [WEAPON], HELM, ARMOR, etc. tokens.  Note that Masterwork invaders have their custom ARMOR pieces be unusually large so they cover a majority of the body like a giant onesy, to compensate for the total lack of gloves and stuff; setting that up is a bit more complicated.

Generic leather would be much harder, although if you study MW raws you can learn it, it requires some pretty complex and wholesale changes.  Custom generic materials, custom body detail plans, changes to every animal.

Hrm. I think I'll avoid the generic materials then.. in the case of the redundant clothing I suppose I could j ust remove the ones I want to get rid of, which should hopefully prevent invaders from showing up semi-naked; mittens, socks, that sort of thing. Thanks for the help ^_^
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Gerik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: October 07, 2012, 05:06:02 pm »

Hi. I'm a big fan off the mod, but i have a problem: i use the ASCII tilests, but whenever i smooth a wall/ construct a wall, and there's no other wall to connect it too, it shows a black spot instead of the wall. i would insert a picture, but i don't know how. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: October 07, 2012, 06:21:59 pm »

I think that you mean that smoothed pillars appear as blank spaces instead of a material-colored O? That's probably a tileset issue that isn't handled by the launcher. I haven't downloaded Masterwork or used tilesets in a long time, but I'll hazard a guess and say that tile 255 is the one that pillars use in some tilesets--a tile that is blank in the vanilla ASCII.

Gerik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: October 07, 2012, 07:29:59 pm »

Ok, thanks for the info (and i don't mean to sound ungrateful), but do you know a way to fix the issue?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: October 07, 2012, 08:41:03 pm »

In the d_init.txt file under the init folder under the data folder, make sure that [PILLAR_TILE:(whatever)] is [PILLAR_TILE:'O'].

McClaude

• Bay Watcher
  • South is hotter... always. I hate sweat.
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #7138 on: October 07, 2012, 09:59:42 pm »

Ok.. i have been looking for help. This is the issue.

I know that "seasonal drinks" are broken, and i dont use the brewery. That lead me to feed my little dwarves alcohol needs whit the STILL.

Then why is it flooded in alcohol?
Why it is not beeing packed in the barrels or pots?
Is the still broken too?

Pls someone share a bit or two of the experience or news, yes i have been searching... Cauze one of the features that i love is the selective drinks and boozes :'(.

(sorry about the grammar and stuff, english is not my native language, grammar nazis INCOMING :P)
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress
LET`S CONTRIBUTE ON THE WIKI!
http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com/

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: October 07, 2012, 10:58:36 pm »

All the custom drink reactions are broken in the same way as the "seasoned" drink reactions.  (For what it's worth, It's more or less a vanilla bug, but Toady uses some workaround in vanilla that's not available to modders).  I'm sure Meph will fix in future version, for now just use the plain vanilla Brew Drink reaction.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 749