Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835849 times)

Bluesbell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7080 on: October 01, 2012, 10:49:20 am »

I rushed to the bottom to a magma lake and I can confirm that you were right.

Crisis averted.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: October 01, 2012, 10:53:52 am »

My current fortress is in a temperate climate, so the surface water freezes over in winter.  I haven't breached the caverns yet.

One of my military dwarfs got injured fighting a snatcher during winter.  I've built a screw pump to squeeze out water for him and unlocked all labours on my medical dwarf except for the medical jobs and the feed patient job.  I've got six buckets of water in the screw pump workshop, but the game keeps saying that "Medical Dwarf cancels Bring water to Patient:  No water source".  Do the buckets have to be brought to a stockpile before the medic will notice the water?  None of my haulers have brought any of the buckets to a stockpile yet, for some reason.

EDIT:  I've forced the buckets of water to be brought out of the workshop by designating them for dumping and then designating a stockpile over the dumping point.  The medic is still ignoring the water.

EDIT2:  Damn it, I'll have to rush for the cavern and the risks it entails.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:10:16 am by JosephWongKS »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: October 01, 2012, 11:57:21 am »

Heya everybody. Im running 1.9.5 Masterwork and i cant figure out for the life of me how to set up turrets ive built at the machine factory. Do i have to set the spawn location to where i want the thing? Or do i just build it any old where and pen the deployed turret like the ones i buy from the dwarven caravan? Last time i tried it the turret was stuck in my refuse stockpile. Thanks for listening guys and hope that this problem is fixed in the next version. I cant play vanilla DF anymore after playing this mod lol.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: October 01, 2012, 12:00:51 pm »

@JosephWongKS
Maybe try chanelling a 1x1 or 1x2 ditch and set as a Pond, the dwarves might use the buckets to fill it up and that could then be designated a water source zone?  Just an idea, not sure whether it works.  Good luck.

@JimboM12
Yeah, it will permanently spawn in the approximate vicinity of the spawn point, the reaction can be derailed though if either (a) dwarf doesn't take in the turret building instructional fumes or (b) the mechanical kit gets destroyed by a dog, for example, before it has a chance to deploy.  Turrets in particular are tricky because you want them right in a specific spot, but you might have trouble getting exactly where you want because if you do it in a wide open space the kit goes flying. ... I tend to try landmines instead because maybe it's ok if they're not exactly in the right place.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:06:47 pm by smakemupagus »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: October 01, 2012, 12:09:28 pm »

@JosephWongKS
Maybe try chanelling a 1x1 or 1x2 ditch and set as a Pond, the dwarves might use the buckets to fill it up and that could then be designated a water source zone?  Just an idea, not sure whether it works.  Good luck.

@JimboM12
Yeah, it will permanently spawn in the approximate vicinity of the spawn point, the reaction can be derailed though if either (a) dwarf doesn't take in the turret building instructional fumes or (b) the mechanical kit gets destroyed by a dog, for example, before it has a chance to deploy.  Turrets in particular are tricky because you want them right in a specific spot, but you might have trouble getting exactly where you want because if you do it in a wide open space the kit goes flying. ... I tend to try landmines instead because maybe it's ok if they're not exactly in the right place.

So i should build temp walls around the spawn point? sounds ok, but i noticed that it spawns as a "friendly" like a trade cararvan instead of a pet like the bought ones. Is this normal? It makes it impossible to move it afterwards.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Bluesbell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: October 01, 2012, 12:14:54 pm »

Hi, I've got another question ( because I am dumb ). So, I take that the mod adds Coarse Iron into the game, that's completely fine.
But from what I've heard, the player is supposed to process it into iron at a finishing forge ( at least that was the deal in earlier builds ). But apparently, the finishing forge is not in the mod anymore.
So what's the deal for making iron now?

EDIT:
Sorry for posting unnecessarily, I found the answer in the rather long changelog. It's at the crucible if anyone else has this question.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:16:27 pm by Bluesbell »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: October 01, 2012, 12:15:10 pm »

According to Meph Dwarves don't recognize the water filled buckets made by reactions as being filled with water.
The problem with the water is this: I can make a bucket filled with water a buildmat, no problem.
But the dwarves will check the buckets, dont see one with water, and say: No bucket with water aviable.
They will not take a bucket and fill it with water... DF is stupid like this sometimes.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:54:23 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: October 01, 2012, 12:17:01 pm »

Hi, I've got another question ( because I am dumb ). So, I take that the mod adds Coarse Iron into the game, that's completely fine.
But from what I've heard, the player is supposed to process it into iron at a finishing forge ( at least that was the deal in earlier builds ). But apparently, the finishing forge is not in the mod anymore.
So what's the deal for making iron now?

Its now called the crucible, it works just like a smelter, and it also removes rust alongside upgrading coarse iron into regular iron.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: October 01, 2012, 12:35:21 pm »

A drow diplomat just showed up in winter, but without the drow caravan (which had come last year together with the diplomat).  Is this supposed to happen?

EDIT:  Never mind, the caravan just showed up as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:38:39 pm by JosephWongKS »

Bluesbell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: October 01, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »

Thanks JimboM12!

If you could answer yet another question regarding crucibles, how do I need to position a magma crucible? I can't put it above magma similar to a furnace, and it says something about magma being below it, but despite me chanelling some magma below the crucible, it doesn't work.

Please, tell me the trick. Thanks.

Also, does soap making work for you guys? I have got some lye, and when I click create soap, it shows the page of it's reagents which are Lye, Lye containing material etc.
Even though I got lye, it doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:45:25 pm by Bluesbell »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: October 01, 2012, 12:59:10 pm »

Thanks JimboM12!

If you could answer yet another question regarding crucibles, how do I need to position a magma crucible? I can't put it above magma similar to a furnace, and it says something about magma being below it, but despite me chanelling some magma below the crucible, it doesn't work.

Please, tell me the trick. Thanks.

Also, does soap making work for you guys? I have got some lye, and when I click create soap, it shows the page of it's reagents which are Lye, Lye containing material etc.
Even though I got lye, it doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong?

Ha funnily enough i never managed to use a magma crucible. Every embark i used a regular crucible instead because i play masterwork much, much slower than vanilla (my farms explode with crops and the ability to slaughter sentient beings causes my butchers to overflow and lavish meals begin flowing EVERYWHERE. my fortress value explodes into the 1 million mark after my second siege!) My guess is it would be some where around the top of the crucible as its the same as a magma smelter; the channeled tile must not be where the dwarf stands to use it, usually the center. Dorfs seem to use the regular version from the left side, so experiment. Also make sure you set aside some tallow from your kitchen for use in soap. that does it for me usually.

Bluesbell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: October 01, 2012, 01:22:06 pm »

Ah, thanks for the tips!

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: October 01, 2012, 01:31:04 pm »

I put a channel for magma under the two impassable squares on the crucible; middle top and middle bottom, it worked fine.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: October 01, 2012, 04:07:40 pm »

My current fortress is in a temperate climate, so the surface water freezes over in winter.  I haven't breached the caverns yet.

One of my military dwarfs got injured fighting a snatcher during winter.  I've built a screw pump to squeeze out water for him and unlocked all labours on my medical dwarf except for the medical jobs and the feed patient job.  I've got six buckets of water in the screw pump workshop, but the game keeps saying that "Medical Dwarf cancels Bring water to Patient:  No water source".  Do the buckets have to be brought to a stockpile before the medic will notice the water?  None of my haulers have brought any of the buckets to a stockpile yet, for some reason.

EDIT:  I've forced the buckets of water to be brought out of the workshop by designating them for dumping and then designating a stockpile over the dumping point.  The medic is still ignoring the water.

EDIT2:  Damn it, I'll have to rush for the cavern and the risks it entails.

I know it's not nice to suggest something like this, but...

step 1 - dig a reservoir of your preferred size and shape
step 2 - press k, select the first tile
step 3 - in dfhack, type liquids, you get some text, read it if you like
step 4 - press enter, sending an empty line
step 5 - now you have 7 deep water on the selected tile. move the cursor to the next tile
step 6 - go back to step 2, repeat until finished
step 7 - profit

Yes, this is cheating. But it may be better than losing your injured dwarfs/your whole fort in a dull cavern-related accident.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: October 01, 2012, 04:16:20 pm »

Bah, losing your injured dwarfs is the games way of encouraging you to open the caverns, or play with Tears of Armok.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 749