Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835958 times)

BadMonkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7020 on: September 26, 2012, 01:28:38 pm »

Im trying to remove how chalk turns to dust. In the save file for a game im playing ive found this.

YESSTONE[INORGANIC:CHALK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:chalk][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:1][TILE:176][REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[SEDIMENTARY]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:chalk stone]
       [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:chalk]
       [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:chalk]
       [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:chalk]
       [STATE_NAME:GAS:chalky dust]
       [STATE_ADJ:GAS:chalky dust]
YESVAPORSTONE[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10000]
YESVAPORSTONE[MELTING_POINT:9000]
YESVAPORSTONE[BOILING_POINT:9500]
!NOSOLIDSTONE!IS_STONE]

If i delete this section under chalk will it stop the dust formation and drop chalk boulders? Chalk is my only flux stone :(

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: September 26, 2012, 01:43:05 pm »

In my current game (Alpha version)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: September 26, 2012, 02:10:34 pm »

congratulations, if he turns into his real form, you are screwed, have fun :)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: September 26, 2012, 03:44:22 pm »

That, good sir, is a classic case of
Necro goodness. Lock him into a room, pump magma on him and try to forget the whole thing.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: September 26, 2012, 05:00:52 pm »

I have a question about bowmen and dwarves.

Masterwork gives the bow skill to dwarves through castes and allows you to buy new strategic forms of ammunition, yet the vanilla game restricts dwarves from being able to use bows.

Does Masterwork override this restriction, or would it be a waste of time for me to try and equip my dwarves with bows? ;)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: September 26, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »

Dwarfs use bows just fine in the vanilla game in my experience. In Masterwork bows are easily used as well, though I prefer javelin throwers personally. Operating on the theory that the heavier weapon does more damage.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: September 26, 2012, 05:18:34 pm »

Note to meph: We need an adventure mode "Get stone" reaction, since most surface rocks evaporate.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: September 26, 2012, 06:57:52 pm »

Overpowered Runic "Blunt" weapons such as warhammer.  (v1.9.5)

Runic weapons have a bunch of [ATTACK:] modes.  Most of them (usually about ~8) are normal attacks, and ~2 of them are deadly "pure runic energy" attacks that basically dismember almost anything they hit.  If both attack types are edge, they are selected at random and then 2/(2+8) = 20% of the attacks are deadly critical strikes.

But runic mace, warhammer, and knuckleduster have *blunt* normal attacks, but still have edged runic criticals.  When attack types are mixed, edged attacks are chosen with 100:1 preference over blunt, and so about (200)/(208) ~= 95% of the attacks are the deadly runic criticals.

Hat tip to Wrex as usual for post which got me thinking about weapons that do or don't pierce Dwarven armor :)

Previous:

Suggestion:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:04:59 pm by smakemupagus »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: September 26, 2012, 07:03:16 pm »

Overpowered Runic "Blunt" weapons such as warhammer.  (v1.9.5)

Runic weapons have a bunch of [ATTACK:] modes.  Most of them (usually about ~8) are normal attacks, and ~2 of them are deadly "pure runic energy" attacks that basically dismember almost anything they hit.  If both attack types are edge, they are selected at random and then 2/(2+8) = 20% of the attacks are deadly critical strikes.

But runic mace, warhammer, and knuckleduster have *blunt* normal attacks, but still have edged runic criticals.  When attack types are mixed, edged attacks are chosen with 100:1 preference over blunt, and so about (200)/(208) ~= 95% of the attacks are the deadly runic criticals.

Hat tip to Wrex as usual for post which got me thinking about weapons that do or don't pierce Dwarven armor :)

I'm ashamed that my specialty has been usurped. Perhaps blunt weapons need a runic blast, rather than a runic wave. I will design one shortly.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: September 26, 2012, 07:05:57 pm »

Oops, I ninja edited such a blast in to my post :) feel free to improve upon it though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7030 on: September 26, 2012, 07:54:10 pm »

So thats why they use the special attack too often.. I noticed that ages ago, but didnt understand why. All runic blunt weapons need blunt special attacks, understood.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

schiad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: September 26, 2012, 09:37:37 pm »

i just tried out the masterwork mod for the first time and i've noticed these following bugs with the 1.9.5 version

making a rough leather by "boil leather in oil" reaction will cause the oil jug to be turned into a generic "liquid" jug. The oil is replaced by a liquid.  The reaction that seems to have the problem is:

[REACTION:BOIL_LEATHER]
[NAME:boil leather in oil]
[BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_O]
[REAGENT:A:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL]
[REACTION_CLASS:LEATHER_EXOTIC]
[REAGENT:oil:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE] [UNROTTEN] [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SOAP_MAT] [REAGENT:oil container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE] [CONTAINS:oil] [PRESERVE_REAGENT] [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT][PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_EXOTIC:LEATHER][PRODUCT:90:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:oil container] YESDUST[PRODUCT:20:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:STENCH][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][SKILL:TANNER]

The product line [PRODUCT:90:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE] is probably the problem, it should probably be GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:oil:NONE or something instead of B because i think the B refers to the reagent name which doesn't exist.

The second bug i encountered is that the make a skill container seems to have the [automatic] tag. As i have no idea what this does, all it ended up doing is emptying my entire rock pile and turn it into useless "essence containers" that i cannot do anything with. i recommend removing the [AUTOMATIC] tag from this reaction:

[REACTION:CONTAINER_ESSENCE][NAME:Make a skill container][BUILDING:BEASTLAB2:CUSTOM_C][REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_ESSENCE_CONTAINER:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE][AUTOMATIC]

the 3rd bug i encountered is that the fish farm does not appear to be build able. Upon inspection of the entity_default, i noticed that the fish farm is referenced as fish_pond instead of fish_farm. which is what the building thing is labeled as along with all the appropriate reactions.This following line in the entity_default:

[PERMITTED_BUILDING:FISH_POND]

should be changed to [PERMITTED_BUILDING:FISH_FARM] or all other references should be changed to FISH_POND instead.

EDIT: the guide also mentioned something about a fountain you can train swimming in, the guide kind of implies that its separate from the fountain of youth, but i havent found any references to buildings in the raws that suggests that theres another fountain besides the fountain of youth.

EDIT2: after modifying the fish farm to the correct names, it seems that the in game build size of the fish farm is a 3x3 area, the reference in the raws states that its a 5x5 work area?  when built in game it seems that the dorfs will attempt to build the fishingpoles/nets outside of the 3x3 building area and thus never actually able to complete the tasks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:54:43 am by schiad »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7032 on: September 27, 2012, 06:52:26 am »

Dear Schiad: My respect. For playing the mod the first time, finding and fixing issues. Now, since you are unfamiliar with what is going on: I am redoing the mod, and the last 2 updates (1.9.4 and 1.9.5) were done in haste, in public spaces using wifi and a netbook, since I was on a biketour in northamerica. I am now back home and work solely on MDF2. Sorry for the inconvience of the outdated guides. You can find the current state and the new manual here.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: September 27, 2012, 07:46:04 am »

I just had a dwarf transform into some sort of a carp god so i looked at him and it said that if im reading this then its too late he has made my fortress his home or something like that. Anyway he died in 10 seconds. Can i expect more of these to show up or what?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: September 27, 2012, 08:13:11 am »

I just had a dwarf transform into some sort of a carp god so i looked at him and it said that if im reading this then its too late he has made my fortress his home or something like that. Anyway he died in 10 seconds. Can i expect more of these to show up or what?

How the hell did you kill him? Oo
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 749