Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836068 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #6930 on: September 19, 2012, 07:25:45 pm »

I'll do it. However, I have an outdated version, so I'll have to build a new fort.
As I don't have school the next days, I'll sleep late tonight, so, yes, it will be done in a couple hours.

Edit: The settings still don't work. Anyway.
Edit 2: Did you... update the download link? The blessing of armok gems are still free, so I think it's outdated.
Edit 3: Found an issue! Three ironclad sauropods spawned in my freezing biome. Ironclad.
If you downloaded the archive that Meph uploaded the settings GUI in there is broken.
I uploaded a archive with a fix to the GUI bug found in Mephs archive.
Someone had another problem with it since then.
I don't know why their error happened (it should not in Windows) but I posted new GUI code that should fix it.
I have not heard back from them to see if the fix works yet though.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:35 pm »

I think I ran into some bugs. I downloaded the new version and replaced all my files with the ones in the download. I had Dwarf Fortress 1.9.5 before and had the orc fortress plugin installed as well. When I genned a new world I could browse through the legends perfectly fine but in fortress mode the "dwarves are all giant pythons". Here's the save.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6943

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: September 19, 2012, 09:15:56 pm »

I think I ran into some bugs. I downloaded the new version and replaced all my files with the ones in the download. I had Dwarf Fortress 1.9.5 before and had the orc fortress plugin installed as well. When I genned a new world I could browse through the legends perfectly fine but in fortress mode the "dwarves are all giant pythons". Here's the save.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6943
Sounds like a raw duplication bug to me.
Did you delete your old Masterwork 1.9.5 raws before replacing them with the Masterwork 2 Alpha raws?
They don't contain the exact same files so you can't just overwrite them you need to delete the old files first.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: September 19, 2012, 09:28:50 pm »

Yep, looks like that was it. Thanks.  8)

I wonder if i would have been able to do anything had i choose the bats as a civ.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: September 19, 2012, 09:31:57 pm »

I wonder if i would have been able to do anything had i choose the bats as a civ.
There is only one way to find out, try it and see what happens.
Sigtext

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: September 20, 2012, 03:28:55 am »

The Alpha python thing doesnt seem to be doing anything for me. I open/run the file but it flashes a black screen and does nothing else (that I can see). I doubt it, but is this supposed to happen? ( my python version is 2.6.6)
Signature Is Here.

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: September 20, 2012, 05:57:06 am »

Indeed arclance, I used your gui before, but I thought that it'd be fixed because I thought Meph uploaded a new version of the alpha.
Anyway, for now, the config file isn't really useful, still, thanks for the fix!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: September 20, 2012, 08:34:58 am »

The Alpha python thing doesnt seem to be doing anything for me. I open/run the file but it flashes a black screen and does nothing else (that I can see). I doubt it, but is this supposed to happen? ( my python version is 2.6.6)
You need Python3 to use the GUI.
The version Meph included in his archive was broken by the empty raw files Meph included.
I uploaded another archive with a fix for that bug.
There was a another bug report that I posted a fix for here.
I have not heard back from the original reporter if that fixed their problem so I have not updated the archive to include that version yet.

Indeed arclance, I used your gui before, but I thought that it'd be fixed because I thought Meph uploaded a new version of the alpha.
I uploaded the new archive for Meph because his Internet got throttled back to dialup speed.

@ Meph
Could you update your links to the Alpha version to point to my fixed download since the GUI does not work in yours and people keep reporting it?
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6938 on: September 20, 2012, 09:06:39 am »

empty raw files Meph included
Ah... I see. Not the code it broken, but it tries to read raws that are broken (on purpose)

I will download your version, if my internet connection permits it, make some changes about things people mentioned, and try a re-upload tomorrow, with more additions.

I take it you mean this version ? http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6937
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: September 20, 2012, 09:10:28 am »

Alright, now it's steelclad horses. That's rather strange I must say.
Well Meph, when you'll upload the new version, you can count of me for more bug hunting.
And for testing the religious buildings as you asked.

Edit: Wild spirithunter. Is it intended?
Edit2: Steeclad sauropods.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:41:43 am by Shingy »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: September 20, 2012, 09:20:28 am »

empty raw files Meph included
Ah... I see. Not the code it broken, but it tries to read raws that are broken (on purpose)

I will download your version, if my internet connection permits it, make some changes about things people mentioned, and try a re-upload tomorrow, with more additions.

I take it you mean this version ? http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6937
Yes that's the one but I only changed the "MasterworkDF Settings.py" file so I don't think you need to download it.
I think you should include this version of the script instead since there was another bug report and this should fix it.
That is a link to download just the updated script so you don't need to download the whole archive.
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6941 on: September 20, 2012, 09:44:37 am »

Thanks. Is downloaded. I also linked the alpha-download link on the frontpage to your fixed version.

Wild spirithunter. Is it intended?
Yes, but should be rare. Wild armored animals? No... shouldnt happen. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:29 am »

no, keep wild armored animals in the game, as a rare thing! Nothing is better than a steelclad sauropod stomping your first seven dwarfs into nice little dwarfenpancakes :)

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: September 20, 2012, 09:52:18 am »

Well, I was lucky. Rocktip bolts are very effective! My hunter killed them, but it was close.
Anyway, if you keep them Meph as suggested Firehawk, please do something about their useless armor we get when we butcher them.
I have nervous tissue in my stockpile AND steel sauropod armor... thingy. I don't remember the exact name.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6944 on: September 20, 2012, 09:57:06 am »

It will be "steelclad sauropod steel". I tried to recycle it, but the reaction token for meat is broken, and it accepts anything. I had the same problem when I wanted to specificly sacrifice hearts on the altar... doenst work, it takes any bodypart, meat, lungs, etc. Same problem with the iron and steel leftovers. Only two solutions I see so far: Ignore it and bring it to the crematory to burn, or I can add "non_butcherable" to armored animals, but then they dont give anything. and thats not the point... I would have fixed the issue long ago, but DF doesnt allow me to.

@firegawk: No :P People have enough fun already :P
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 749