Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836113 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6795 on: September 09, 2012, 03:05:28 pm »

one question about lifemancers: If i have some corpses stockpiled, one of them gives me a ghost and a lifemancer resurrects that dwarf.... will the ghost go away?

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: September 10, 2012, 05:19:49 am »

I guess by the time the ghost comes up the corps is already a skeleton so... NO resurrection for YOU!

doomgiver

• Escaped Lunatic
  • DORF DORF DORF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: September 10, 2012, 12:11:48 pm »

Hello guys,
I like masterwork mod, and im having lots of fun, but I think there one gaping flaw worth working out.

Lack of updated information. The wiki is not of much use, and the guides cannot and donot cover all topics properly
eg :
blast furnaces removed in this version, wiki/guide shows them, still.
books require something referred to as a "tool", while it actually is some sort of leather.
etc...

Now, I'd like to offer my services to improve/update the wiki. However, there a few minor obstacles :

1. i've only been playing for 2 weeks (though im an OCD gamer, and will gladly give up a few hours for my obsession)
2. lack of knowledge how stuff works (raws? data?? mods????)
3. possible elitism? (lol, noob, we know more than you, gtfo, lol)

So, is someone willing to help me help you?

We are the Kids.
Lower your drawbridges and surrender your booze.
Resistance is futile.

lap101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: September 10, 2012, 02:11:34 pm »

Can/how can I mod danger rooms to be as dangerous as vanilla? I checked the [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_TRAINING], but it seems to be like the original, except the material size has been changed. So could anyone point me into right direction? Thanks

E: Damn I'm blind. It has edge and blunt attack, instead of 2 blunt attacks. I blame the flu.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:57:24 pm by lap101 »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: September 10, 2012, 08:20:36 pm »

I have a major major request

A quickstart infographic guide that can be found on such
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Quickstart_guide

for Masterwork?

It would make my life x10 easier trying to figure this mod out jumping between forum, help doc, and wiki... of which all seem to be lacking in one aspect or another...

and maybe if it actually get's done, post it on the initial post in this thread?

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: September 11, 2012, 04:32:17 am »

Hello guys,
I like masterwork mod, and im having lots of fun, but I think there one gaping flaw worth working out.

Lack of updated information. The wiki is not of much use, and the guides cannot and donot cover all topics properly
eg :
blast furnaces removed in this version, wiki/guide shows them, still.
books require something referred to as a "tool", while it actually is some sort of leather.
etc...

Now, I'd like to offer my services to improve/update the wiki. However, there a few minor obstacles :

1. i've only been playing for 2 weeks (though im an OCD gamer, and will gladly give up a few hours for my obsession)
2. lack of knowledge how stuff works (raws? data?? mods????)
3. possible elitism? (lol, noob, we know more than you, gtfo, lol)

So, is someone willing to help me help you?

The wiki is seriously dated, and mroe or less abandoned. If you want to help, I'm sure it's appreciated.
Meph is going to reboot the whole mod soon, starting over completely. That version will have a nice, clean online guide (it was shown here a while a ago, although I won't start to search for it among the hundreds of pages), but of course redevelopment takes serious time, so until that time, we're stuck with what we have/create for ourselves.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: September 11, 2012, 04:42:39 am »

I'll volunteer for wiki duty in the new version. I've really missed a comprehensive resource for this mod so helping to build one would be great.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: September 11, 2012, 06:25:12 pm »

So i was gonna post this in fortress mode but i fear it might be related to the mod so i posted it here. Anyway my question pertains to the unhappy thoughts my military dwarves get from being naked. i have them armored with mail-shirts, breast-plates, high-boots, helm, shield, and weapon yet they keep thinking their naked. is their a way to fix this? or is this just a dwarf fortress bug?

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: September 11, 2012, 08:41:16 pm »

i forgot to mention is there a way to make it so my dwarfs can make robes themselves? i copy and pasted  this under armor for entity default from the drows  ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_CAPE] and a few other things.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: September 11, 2012, 10:32:17 pm »

wow... no one thought a quickstart masterwork infographic was a good idea?

A chart showing how they all mapped together would make everyone's life easier...

seriously... maybe a sentence or two showing what was needed to achieve each.. maybe not even that... but to know Sharpened Spikes required a tree structure of Carpenter's workshop to training spears to "Trap Engineer's workshop" would seem like a good idea...

man... I guess I have my own project ahead of me...

and it will be glorious to hear the voices when they chant their appreciations for the project I am about to undertake, because no one else will...

trust me... I will slowly, but surely start one...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:40:37 pm by thistleknot »

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: September 11, 2012, 11:14:30 pm »

There is no updated info on the mod because it will be outdated in the next ~2 weeks. Meph will release MDF 2.0 WITH an extensive manual.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: September 11, 2012, 11:34:54 pm »

seriously... maybe a sentence or two showing what was needed to achieve each.. maybe not even that... but to know Sharpened Spikes required a tree structure of Carpenter's workshop to training spears to "Trap Engineer's workshop" would seem like a good idea...

They don't require that specific path.  You can use the forge or stonecutter to get the Trap Engineer, for example.

edit.  Boneyard, for that matter.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:53:41 am by smakemupagus »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: September 12, 2012, 03:23:16 am »

So i was gonna post this in fortress mode but i fear it might be related to the mod so i posted it here. Anyway my question pertains to the unhappy thoughts my military dwarves get from being naked. i have them armored with mail-shirts, breast-plates, high-boots, helm, shield, and weapon yet they keep thinking their naked. is their a way to fix this? or is this just a dwarf fortress bug?

errr.... Pants?

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: September 12, 2012, 07:15:52 am »

figured out the problem. well kind of i put trousers on them. the reason i had to make them naked was because they were stuck trying to process the equipment i wanted them to wear. how much can a dwarf wear on this mod? i was trying to equip padded shirts leggings mailshirt breastplate over that and then greaves and replace shoes and socks with high boots.

doomgiver

• Escaped Lunatic
  • DORF DORF DORF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: September 12, 2012, 09:44:06 am »

Well, mine dorfs have their regular clothing + the following :
helm, padded hood
breastplate, mailshirt, robe
gauntlets, padded mittens
padded trousers, greaves
high boots

they wear everything without any dissent.
maybe you need to discipline your dorfs.... toss in a few with your goblin capturees.
We are the Kids.
Lower your drawbridges and surrender your booze.
Resistance is futile.
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 749