Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836133 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6780 on: September 08, 2012, 10:03:36 am »

You need to use the scroll wheel of your mouse, or if your touchpad supports scrolling, use that. This will make the text bigger/smaller. The init file only allows you to change the size of the window when it first appears, and fullscreen.

MYSTICBADGER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: September 08, 2012, 10:59:21 am »

Thanks ! It worked. It's more satisfying and playable, though I would like to zoom more. Any way to increase the zoom level ?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: September 08, 2012, 11:01:29 am »

No there is unfortunately a hardcoded minimum of 80 tiles displayed horizontally in the window.
Once you hit that limit you can't zoom in anymore.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: September 08, 2012, 11:59:31 am »

Hair man? Is it (he) dangerous? because from playing this mod i don't know what to expect.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: September 08, 2012, 12:07:39 pm »

@arc, roses

I've got the fonts working, but I'm having encoding issues of my own. I can't use either .ui file (my own, or arcs) without encoding-related crashes. I'm working on a way to solve all our encoding-related woes once and for all, since we can't expect users/mod authors to worry about such a trivial thing as txt file encoding.

I'm hoping I'll have another beta release of the gui soon, including the work everyone has contributed so far.
What part of it is having encoding problems?
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: September 08, 2012, 12:57:53 pm »

this might make a good addition to your util's folder

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6462

nevermind... I see it's already in there....

oops  :o
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:31:51 pm by thistleknot »

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: September 08, 2012, 02:44:02 pm »

So I tested Lifemancer's resurrecting powers... It's awesome! Brings back, fresh, beheaded, mutilated and rotten corpses of your friendly dorfs.
So station him on your corps stockpile and voilą... brand new dorfs for your everyday use in a flash.  He takes about a month between resurrections and doesn't work with skeletons. I don't blame him tho. 

Rawb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: September 08, 2012, 03:48:48 pm »

Hair man? Is it (he) dangerous? because from playing this mod i don't know what to expect.
Only to wrestlers really, anything with weapons will dispatch him easy enough.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: September 08, 2012, 10:15:24 pm »

So I tested Lifemancer's resurrecting powers... It's awesome! Brings back, fresh, beheaded, mutilated and rotten corpses of your friendly dorfs.
So station him on your corps stockpile and voilą... brand new dorfs for your everyday use in a flash.  He takes about a month between resurrections and doesn't work with skeletons. I don't blame him tho.
Thats great, we have been trying to make one in the succession fort for years with no luck.

@arclance:

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/codecs.py", line 300, in decode
    (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb0 in position 37: invalid start byte

My text files all look, taste, and smell like UTF-8 but invalid bytes from who knows where are causing me problems.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: September 08, 2012, 10:26:43 pm »

That is the same problem I was getting because some of the raws were in ISO-8859-1 encoding.
ISO-8859-1 is the default encoding used by English versions of Windows so if a file has been opened in a Windows text editor there is a good chance it got changed to this encoding by accident.

Try opening files like this instead.
Code: [Select]
variable = open("/path/filename", mode="rt", buffering=1, encoding="ISO-8859-1")
It is able to open utf-8 files as well for me.
If it does not work with utf-8 for you I can write something more complicated using "try".
Sigtext

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: September 08, 2012, 11:20:11 pm »

I'm not just having the problem with our program, I'm having it with pyuic4, and I can't expect everyone who wants to edit this program to use a custom modified version of PyQt, so I'm probably going to tweak the program to load the .ui files directly, so I can ditch the pyuic4 dependency. Also, I found a script on the net that will scan a text file and try to determine which encoding a file is in. I'm going to try to integrate that I think because it will handle non ISO-8859-1/utf-8 as well. ISO-8859-1 isn't working either in my case, because the files ARE unicode, they contain unicode characters, so ISO-8859-1 fails also.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: September 08, 2012, 11:30:30 pm »

That's really weird.
Could you post a link to some of the files that are giving you problems so I can look at them?
Sigtext

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: September 09, 2012, 01:25:40 am »

So, I recently found out what Firebird's do. A Kobold thief decided to walk into my still being constructed fort, and a Tamed Firebird showed the Thief who is boss. It also managed to show the countryside and all of my Taiga Orcs who is boss. Never. Again.

Rawb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: September 09, 2012, 04:03:45 am »

So, I recently found out what Firebird's do. A Kobold thief decided to walk into my still being constructed fort, and a Tamed Firebird showed the Thief who is boss. It also managed to show the countryside and all of my Taiga Orcs who is boss. Never. Again.

Remind me of the time I though having 6 pet dragons roaming the countryside was a good idea. The Horror...

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: September 09, 2012, 01:21:06 pm »

Gotta be careful with those fire animals, I usually build a large box out of bridges and store my dragons in them until a siege arrives. Then seal the fort and open the box.

My most recent game has put me off Magmancers for a while I think. Had a child migrate as one and then during an ambush, one of the goblins mounts managed to get past the outer defenders and was fighting my Sauropods in the courtyard, the fight took them down the entry stairs and close enough the the Magmancer that he decided the best thing to do would be to explode vigorously, killing a total of 60 dwarfs and leaving several others with melted torso's.

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 749