Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836093 times)

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6750 on: September 05, 2012, 12:48:48 pm »

Well, for the two last updates, the changelogs are in threads, not in the OP.
Also, the docs are outdated, check the manual, it should be up to date.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: September 05, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »

It would be nice to have stats in weapon descriptions

Times ten billion. I'm so annoyed that I've had to almost memorize the relative attack values of weapons via RAW since DF existed simply because there's no way to see them another way. This would just be one step towards that.

I remember when weapons had easy to remember numbers for attack values too, the current system is so damn complex that I can only remember generalities.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: September 05, 2012, 03:28:17 pm »

Did anyone ever fix the caravan-catching-fire glitch? Wasn't it mercury, or something?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: September 05, 2012, 03:30:23 pm »

Meph noted in one of the recent patch notes that he did something to fix it, yeah

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: September 05, 2012, 04:26:02 pm »

It would be nice to have stats in weapon descriptions

Times ten billion. I'm so annoyed that I've had to almost memorize the relative attack values of weapons via RAW since DF existed simply because there's no way to see them another way. This would just be one step towards that.

I remember when weapons had easy to remember numbers for attack values too, the current system is so damn complex that I can only remember generalities.

Having to carry a wiki with you always can get tiresome. More info in the game, please. A reference card would also be acceptable.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: September 05, 2012, 05:00:26 pm »

Just as the human caravan arrives for the first time, the Dark Stranglers are back. Not a problem in and of themselves. I've battled them in many embarks with various mods. However, this time they've brought an entire squad of  eight war-trained magma hounds with them. Capable of breathing fire, and spitting fireballs. I don't *think* they're building destroyers, but I think I'd better not try to take pot shots at them from my guard tower. I don't think my puny defense force could handle getting set on fire just yet. Hopefully they'll go away if I kill enough of the stranglers. Going to be tricky.

Some other thoughts, as I'm slowly building more of Mastercraft's special buildings: The storage unit is set to unpack all crates automatically. That's not really something you'd expect from a storage facility (I spent quite a while trying to figure out where the crates I'd bought had vanished to!), and negates its potential to be a useful way to keep clutter and item count down until you truly need the gear. I've modded my version now to require record keeping instead of being automatic, to give my book-keeper/quartermaster something else to do.

Edit: The magma hounds did indeed leave after I sent a brave melee squad in bone gear out my back door to teach the stranglers a lesson. For a while, all was peace, then a night stallion flew down from nowhere and set everything on fire. It seems the universe had decided death by fire was going to be the final destination for some of my dwarves. Apparently everything I meet today is able to cast fireball. I'm sure there's a way to counter that, but I'm not sure what it is yet.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:36:15 pm by Arkenor »

zerombr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: September 05, 2012, 07:38:45 pm »

I'm having trouble with Masterwork, my display seems to not fully display graphics.  Its an absolute gem of a mod though!  I can't play without it nowadays.   

Also, was wanting to build the Hall of the Mountain King, had the requisite 8 iron armor pieces but...said I still needed 8 iron armors  did I need 8 full sets or some such?

Thanks again for the wonderful mod.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: September 05, 2012, 07:45:07 pm »

They probably all have to be chest armor, is it so?

zerombr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: September 05, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »

I have 15 iron chain mail armors, it didn't work last time I tried, none were forbidden.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: September 05, 2012, 08:40:02 pm »

You need iron armor stands too, perhaps you misread?

zerombr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: September 05, 2012, 08:48:29 pm »

it is possible, I have 8 of those as well I think.  With the font messing up, hiding some text, it is definitely possible. I'll check again tomorrow.
thanks for the thoughts

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: September 05, 2012, 09:44:48 pm »

When you say " my display seems to not fully display graphics " are you referring to the regular DF true-type text bug?  You can always zoom in & out a little bit, or hit F12 to toggle out of true type, which usually resolves it temporarily (or just don't use true-type ever). 

If it's something else maybe post a screen shot?

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: September 06, 2012, 07:47:27 pm »

Just posting to give my regular thumbs up and encouragement for the work on this mod.

Also, nothing is quite as horrifying to realize your three year old dwarf babe keeps painting pentagrams in blood. 

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: September 06, 2012, 09:12:29 pm »

Is there a way to turn off the simplification of wood logs? I just fine "rough wood" to be boring.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: September 06, 2012, 10:46:59 pm »

I don't think so, on the 'materials' tab you can increase/decrease the tree types but I believe the logs are all hard coded as part of the material simplification that gives the mod its FPS increase.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 749