Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836015 times)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6735 on: September 04, 2012, 12:35:49 pm »

Question -

New fortress, things are kind of cool, happily doing stuff.

Hit some Tears of Armok. Thought "hey, this seems theme-y",I wonder if we can do something cool with those.

And so things seem to be flooding. Glug glug.

Do they ever stop? Or do I have an infinite water source filling up my fort?

Channelling down into them from above seems the way to go if you can't get your miners up to them.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: September 04, 2012, 01:29:29 pm »

After looking through the GUI and reading up on PyQT (never used it before). Looks like it should be relatively simple to switch over what I have done into the nice looking GUI.

It might be nice to figure out a way to auto generate buttons for meta tags so that Meph wouldn't have to slog through making a new button every time he wants to add a meta tag (I currently do this by reading in this list of tags from an outside file and then generating a button for each entry in the list).

Could possible have an external text file with something like (TAB FOR METATAG)/(NAME FOR METATAG)/(NAME FOR BUTTON) and then generate the buttons from those.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: September 04, 2012, 01:51:37 pm »

It might be nice to figure out a way to auto generate buttons for meta tags so that Meph wouldn't have to slog through making a new button every time he wants to add a meta tag (I currently do this by reading in this list of tags from an outside file and then generating a button for each entry in the list).

Could possible have an external text file with something like (TAB FOR METATAG)/(NAME FOR METATAG)/(NAME FOR BUTTON) and then generate the buttons from those.
I think the easiest way would be to have a function that takes button settings as its input and plugs that into some generic button code.
"exec" would be used to generated different variable names for each button.
Having the settings in a separate text file sounds like a good idea.

I think this would be a good way to let Meph add buttons to a "Testing" section for new features but it won't work for all sections since they have a more complicated layout than a grid of buttons.
A lot of the GUI needs to be hardcoded to make it look right on multiple operating systems so it probably is not the best idea to do the whole GUI like that.

The whole GUI is really written this way right now since the mainframe.ui text file is parsed into a python file.
However mainframe.ui is not any easier to edit (by hand) than the python file so it does not help much.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:55:05 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: September 04, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »

Based on an idea that Neil Gaiman built off of an american indian idea where eagle stones cure disease and other ailments.  (The neil gaiman version can bring back the dead)

Chimera skin as fireproof armor, maybe then?

Also, do you plan on encorporating the broken arrow mod as an option in masterwork?  I ask because the high damage ranged weapons sometimes gets to me.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: September 04, 2012, 03:31:51 pm »

all the fire seems to cause issues, had my dwarves get stuck around the entrence to my place after the fire had gone thats really the only thing to ruin a game for me so far.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: September 04, 2012, 05:19:09 pm »

Things are mostly going smoothly at the moment in my Mastercraft embark, right up until just now.

Yesterday I happened to get a barrel of the Tears of Armok drink from sacrificing some spare meat at the altar. It took a while for one of my dwarves to get around to drinking any, but I received this message today:
Zulban Idenngubmul, Woodcrafter has transformed into a fully healed creature!
Zulban Idenngubmul, Fully Healed Creature Woodcrafter has transformed into a dwarf!
Zulban Idenngubmul, Woodcrafter cancels Drink: Job item lost or destroyed.

It seems that her drinking was interrupted so thoroughly that there were still 5 units left of it in the barrel. I wonder if it would ever be finished.

More worryingly, when I examined her to see if she looked any different, she'd aged about 150 years, to long after Mastercraft's reduced Dwarf life expectancy of [MAXAGE:90:110] would want her to die. I've no idea if she would have died of old age in the near future. As I'd just started my evening session I decided to restart instead, and forbid the Tears of Armok barrel, as a barrel of ale that is never used up and ages everyone beyond their life expectancy sounds kind of fortress-killing. I may be mistaken in thinking it's dangerous, but I think I'll put it in Vault 13 for safe-keeping (or sell it to the elves).

Edit: While pulling the above bit from my gamelog, I found this little gem from one of my false starts while figuring out Mastercraft features.:

*** STARTING NEW GAME ***
Generating world using parameter set DIVERSE(MANY BIOMES)
 Seed: 31337
 History Seed: 733133752
 Name Seed: 2188605780
 Creature Seed: 500403440
** Starting New Outpost **
The Peasant spies out the production facilities!
The Peasant is caught in a burst of boiling dwarven rum!
Kumil Oslanzaneg, Peasant has bled to death.
Tholtig Inrussazir, Stoneworker has bled to death.
Dostust Satkilrud, Peasant has bled to death.
Rith Egometur, Peasant has bled to death.
*** STARTING NEW GAME ***

I don't even remember what happened with that one. It sounds quite thrilling though.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:23:16 pm by Arkenor »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: September 04, 2012, 06:47:50 pm »

I've just noticed that wizards are under "wt" folder while other graphics belong to folders with their author names. Could you please rename "wt" to "deon", Meph? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: September 04, 2012, 07:40:16 pm »

Your humans buildings really inspirate me. I always wanted a human plugin for Masterwork, I even thought about creating one, and this really gives me ideas.
Meh, I'll raise up my modding skills!
Thanks for sharing the raws.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: September 04, 2012, 08:52:52 pm »

I am exited about the next version of vanilla, sounds like toady said big trees are coming back for elves. That would be great for an elf-mode plugin.

@arclance, I havn't looked through everything just quite yet.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: September 04, 2012, 08:59:51 pm »

@arclance, I havn't looked through everything just quite yet.
Okay let me know what you think when you are done.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:28 am »

It would be nice to have stats in weapon descriptions, like in rpg games. Is it doable?

also does Lifemancer heal all wounds? regrows limbs, severed tendons etc.? does he resurrect fresh corpses, rotten, or ghosts?
Mine only seems to give everyone rush of speed.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:24:07 am by DorfMeister »

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: September 05, 2012, 07:28:10 am »

It would be nice to have stats in weapon descriptions, like in rpg games. Is it doable?

also does Lifemancer heal all wounds? regrows limbs, severed tendons etc.? does he resurrect fresh corpses, rotten, or ghosts.
Mine only seems to give everyone rush of speed.

I "believe" that this is the result of their healing powers being an "attack" spell. I changed the creature_standard.txt raw for healing and wrath so that instead of:
YESMAGIC[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
it reads
YESMAGIC[CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING]

my Holy dwarves now heal everyone around them every 1000 ticks and the holy fighter types keep their wrath constantly refreshed (Previously they never used wrath at all. Now it makes them a little too effective at killing... but ah well).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:35:09 am by richieelias »

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: September 05, 2012, 12:37:38 pm »

Is it just me?  I can't find the Blast Furnace.  Its not on the furnace menu.  All the other advanced metalworking buildings can be built, but I can't build a blast furnace. 

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: September 05, 2012, 12:40:58 pm »

Meph removed the blast furnace in update 1.9.4 or 1.9.5 I believe. You can still add it by copying its raws.

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: September 05, 2012, 12:47:31 pm »

But...but...there is nothing in the changelog, or docs.  All the docs say to build it...arghh.  Learning this reminds me of first learning to play DF. 
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 749