Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835997 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6720 on: September 03, 2012, 11:32:20 pm »

@sum1won: All nice ideas, but I cant do the chimera blood potion without transformations. Why do you say that the Roc should give immortality ?

@all: I finished the new magic buildings, I know I am changing them a lot, but hey... summoning circle I scrapped, all demons will be summoned in the church of the dark depths, makes no sense to make 2 evil buildings for that. Guardian Angels as test, Spirit Animals to fight and so on might still be summoned in the elven/human buildings

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: September 03, 2012, 11:34:47 pm »

No dwarf would ever use prissy eleven magic!

In actual news, that is quite awesome! Do you know what kind of capabilities these buildings will have yet?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6722 on: September 03, 2012, 11:42:33 pm »

I might also steal some designs from my old human buildings...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, what they can do:
Druids Circle can create Druids and Beastmaster Mages, make treants to station, create wood, plants, seeds... let all grass regrow, let all sapling insta-grow into trees, let all seeds in farms instagrow into plants...

Church of the Dark Depths allows Puppeteer and Demonbound mages, a bit of necromancy here and there, ironbone & bloodsteel making, gargoyles/bone golems/blood golems/flesh golems, summoning of hostile demons to fight and possibly other evil stuff. You can also summon the Unnamed One, super-epic creature, for 1 month, 50% chance that he will be hostile.

Urn of Sacred Ashes allows Magikus and Witchhunter mage, blessed metals that do extra damage against undeads, bless dwarves so they cant be turned undead, and exploding ammo that kills all undead in the area. More suggestions welcome.

Hall of the Mountainking allows Magmamancer mage, magmamancer spell upgrades (3 types), can summon the mountainking, super epic creature for 1 month, but needs Adamantine, and allows to set the world on fire, runs dfhack-immolate.

I am unsure if I should add a second mage type for the dwarven magic, or if I should reduce the other ones instead. All this is WIP, nothing written yet.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: September 03, 2012, 11:43:05 pm »

+1 for hollistic detective. Spawn of holistic was the whole reason I found your mod in the first place. I read the lets play with the golem, and spawn of hollistic and thought it was your mod they had played.

I have soundsense, and dfhack working again under mac. therapist is crashing (ugh)  File - encoding is a common issue with cross-platform code, it's a pain but I've done it before. we will get it working.  Here is how I was planing to take things:

1) masterwork starts with a vanila DF install, along with masterwork raws in separate directory.
2) masterwork scans it's own raws, creates a backup copy of original unaltered raws, and combines the two to make altered raws in game directory.
3) user can restore defaults, or change settings at any time, masterwork combines backup original raws with masterwork raws to make new 'working' raws.
4) when DF is updated changes to new original raws won't require meph to rewrite/update masterwork raws, as they will just contain just the changes meph has added.

PyQt4 just adds extra stuff to python, and won't prevent us from using anything anyone has contributed that doesn't use PyQt4

Yes it all can be edited as text, this has been my goal from the beginning.

I'm thinking we should put the tooltips in the raws. It won't be hard to have python pull them out and show them in the gui.

@meph, the druid circle looks kind of blah compared to the others, maybe you could put some jade/turquise pillars or some nice green stonework on the ground like the summoning circle had? maybe replace those stone block with trees and put a green stone design in the center with a pool/fountain/statue at the center?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:10:28 am by zenerbufen »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: September 03, 2012, 11:46:35 pm »

Meph, you are going to have to let me get my hands on those human buildings some time, it would certainly make my modding less....theoretical? Teehee.

The issue with Hollistic detectivie is that she is just a dwarf. I could code a super monster version of it, as depicted in Syrupleaf, but standard HollisticDetective can no longer exist AFAIK.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6725 on: September 03, 2012, 11:51:44 pm »

@wrex:
Spoiler: HUMAN BUILDINGS PART 1 (click to show/hide)

@zenerbufen: Like I said before, you guys do the python thing. I have absolutely no idea how you would like to merge the vanilla raws with the mod raws, because the vanilla raws are heavily modded, alone the standardized materials and custom body/brain parts...

The druids circle should be outdoors, and look a bit like stonehenge... 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6726 on: September 03, 2012, 11:52:24 pm »

Spoiler: HUMAN BUILDINGS PART 2 (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6727 on: September 03, 2012, 11:52:54 pm »

Spoiler: HUMAN BUILDINGS PART 3 (click to show/hide)

Damn this character limit.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: September 04, 2012, 07:02:17 am »

The human buildings looks really good. :o But with the wall's, if the wallparts are unable to walk or stand it's ok. If not it's a bit bad, for outside it's better to have roof's on houses. And 2 walls around the building? I think it Looks not so good. :)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: September 04, 2012, 08:22:22 am »

File - encoding is a common issue with cross-platform code, it's a pain but I've done it before. we will get it working.
Yes it is and I already figured out a solution.
Maybe you should go back and read my posts again.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: September 04, 2012, 09:36:39 am »

These all look nice but won't they look a bit awkward in an aboveground or cavern setting if you want them to have user built walls and doors?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6731 on: September 04, 2012, 09:39:51 am »

What are you talking about? The human buildings ? I wont use them, wrex wanted the code for them...

Merijeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: September 04, 2012, 10:20:54 am »

Question -

New fortress, things are kind of cool, happily doing stuff.

Hit some Tears of Armok. Thought "hey, this seems theme-y",I wonder if we can do something cool with those.

And so things seem to be flooding. Glug glug.

Do they ever stop? Or do I have an infinite water source filling up my fort?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6733 on: September 04, 2012, 10:27:01 am »

If you mine them, they stop. Otherwise they produce unlimited water. You can also use the mined gem to fill unlimited buckets at the transmutation chamber :)

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: September 04, 2012, 11:37:22 am »

... here the fix: Go to data/sava/raw/objects, find Building_magic.txt, find the church of the dark depths, find this ANY_BONE_MATERIAL next to the blocks, and delete it.

Uh, ok thanks very much.  Appreciate the time you've put into this.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 749