Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835961 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6705 on: September 03, 2012, 04:35:59 pm »

Ah, it was the clicking. Disabling groups works, it was just that you shouldnt click to fast, or it doesnt do anything.

I will do the tilesets in one set of raws, how I described it. It will save me a ton of work, because I only have one set of raws. Might be interesting for Deon as well, because he has multiple sets currently. I personally hated it, when I modded and had to copy+past everything in 4 sets of raws.

It would be great if it reads any .txt files in dwarffortress\, and not just the raws. Many things are edited in the data\init as well.

Reading in other files is super easy.

Also, I could add a drop down menu specifically for tilesets if you wanted.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:40:22 pm by Roses »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: September 03, 2012, 05:15:26 pm »

There is a tileset section in the QT GUI already.
It is on the "General Settings" tab in the "Graphics" section.
You could go ahead and add actions to that section if you want.
We can always move it later if necessary.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: September 03, 2012, 05:24:42 pm »

There is a tileset section in the QT GUI already.
It is on the "General Settings" tab in the "Graphics" section.
You could go ahead and add actions to that section if you want.
We can always move it later if necessary.

Yeah, I can do that.

@Meph, do you want it so that everything is in one file?
PHOEBUS!{TILE:10}
IRONHAND!!TILE:234}
MAYDAY!!TILE:15}
ASCII!!TILE:1}

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6708 on: September 03, 2012, 05:59:21 pm »

@Roses: Yes, I want to keep it in one file, this way there is no replacement, and I only keep one set of raws.

@Roses, Arclance & Zenerbufen: You dont have to ask for everything, since I do not know what each of you, and what Python itself, can do. Just go ahead and build it together, I do trust that you guys know what you are doing. Just add a few tabs/areas for "Balancing" "Industries" and "Misc"

I do believe that this new GUI will not be as user-friendly as the old one, because of two reasons. It has no tooltips, so people cant see directly what each thing does. And since it allows a lot more freedom, it is a lot easier to break something.

But then again I will have plenty of time in Germany to figure out how to solve this. It would definetly help to sort the entities better for example, to show who is an ally, who an invaders, and maybe how difficult they are.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: September 03, 2012, 06:00:56 pm »

I do believe that this new GUI will not be as user-friendly as the old one, because of two reasons. It has no tooltips, so people cant see directly what each thing does. And since it allows a lot more freedom, it is a lot easier to break something.
Tooltips are possible but they should be left until the end when we know for sure what each button does.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6710 on: September 03, 2012, 06:05:08 pm »

Understood.

Am I right if I assume that all coding on the Python code is done in a text-editor, and there is no graphical version, like in the Dreamweaver for Html, or VB Express for Visual Basics?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: September 03, 2012, 06:08:34 pm »

Understood.

Am I right if I assume that all coding on the Python code is done in a text-editor, and there is no graphical version, like in the Dreamweaver for Html, or VB Express for Visual Basics?
For the backend (file manipulation) that is true.

For the GUI you can use QT Designer to layout the gui elements and save a template for that to a text file.
There is a program that generates the Python code for the gui from that text file.
This is mostly how we are doing it now since zen started that way but I have hand edited some things as well.
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6712 on: September 03, 2012, 06:20:16 pm »

Oh, thats good news :)

I will let you tinker with it a few days, and continue on the RAWS and my RL, which takes a big chunk of time currently.

Unrelated news: I was just running some tests with the "dfhack done by dwarves" in fortress mode, and will start adding reactions for this to the temples. :)

Currently in the game:
praying for the blessing of speed! = 2 days super speed for all dwarves
summoning a blizzard! = starts to snow
summoning rain! = starts to rain
clearing the sky! = stops snow and rain
setting the world on fire! = all plants burn, your fortress should be fine (watch that soil layer)
slaying the foul Xs! = kills all creatures with creature name X
playing the song of gaia! = all grass regrowths and all saplings grow into trees. (causes 1-2 secs lag)
playing the song of sustenance! = all planted seeds in farmplots grow instantly.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:12:34 pm by Meph »

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: September 03, 2012, 09:48:40 pm »

Damn! looking awesome.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: September 03, 2012, 10:06:36 pm »

I've been trying to build the dark church, but it keeps telling me I need 10 bone blocks, even though I have at made at leaste 20 of them.  Any ideas why?      I've searched for this topic and couldn't find anyone having this problem.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: September 03, 2012, 10:07:52 pm »

You know, if we have hollistic spawn, we should have a hollistic detective megabeast.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6716 on: September 03, 2012, 10:19:07 pm »

@chromasphere: Yes, I do. I begin to think that this last update was a bad idea though.. I fixed the stockpiling of the boneblocks, but of course they are counted as an inorganic mat now, not a bony-mat anymore. This means that the build-mats for the church are broken.

My god, I cant believe how stupid this game is sometimes... here the fix: Go to data/sava/raw/objects, find Building_magic.txt, find the church of the dark depths, find this ANY_BONE_MATERIAL next to the blocks, and delete it.

Sorry for this, I focus on the V2 so much, I havent tested the 1.9.5, and I am quite busy in RL as well.

@wrex: Will be difficult to do, besides, I dont think that the spawn will stay as in invader race... cavern creatures, yes, but not as an entity.

I also tinkered further with the megabeast rewards:
Hydra gives 14 spikes made of ironbone. (14 hydra horns more or less)
Giant gives 1 drink, giants strength potion. Whoever drinks it gets max (5000) strength
Ettins give 2 souls instead of 1, so you can train 2 skills.
Minotaur gives 2 unholy steel battle axes. (these are the epic-weapons you might get from the weaponry)
Manticore gives 25 bolts that explode in a very deadly gas cloud.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: September 03, 2012, 10:31:55 pm »

Is it possible to make cavern only megabeasts? Or, posbbily, extra secret fun? Granted hollisticDetective was stronger than it is currently possible for a dwarf to be, afaik.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6718 on: September 03, 2012, 10:39:16 pm »

Cavern megabeats, not really.

Secret Fun Stuff: I have a long list of fun I want to add... :) There is no shortage of evil ideas of threats that catch you unaware. But all this is very difficult to write, but I know how to do all the stuff I want, it will simply take a while.

Also, Manticor ammo totally works. :) Paralysis, suffocation and extreme pain/bleeding. For each killed manticore you get 25 bolts. Creature gets hit, might die. Creature gets hit, might explode in a beatufil green cloud as seen below, kills all that it touches.

EDIT: Rewards missing for:
ROC
CHIMERA
GRIFFON
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:58:27 pm by Meph »

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: September 03, 2012, 11:22:07 pm »

Griffin Hide->  Super nice cloak type item

Roc -> 1-2 Eagle-stones (effective potion of immortality or alchemist's stone or whichever)

Chimera Blood:  Potion to allow firebreathing/fireball throwing or a similar secret.  Something similar might be chimera head, which would be a turret to spawn that can bite and breath fire.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 749