Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835994 times)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6690 on: September 03, 2012, 01:43:00 pm »

I think I found a glitch in masterwork, But I made a thread in the dwarf fortress mode forum too incase its a problem with vanilla. It was right before the start of winter and the dwarven caravan came to my fortress for the first year. I had my seeds and some war dogs outside still and the caravan started to unload goods. A few minutes after I called my broker over the wagons burst into flames and burnt down the entire forest. I lost some dogs, all my seeds, my fod was cooked, (I think) and my broker went missing. He was really a pile of ash and clothing on the edge of the map. I was lucky too have a previous save and I rushed everything under ground. But nothing happened this time around. Has anyone had this happen before in vanilla? What happened?, boiling leather? 

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: September 03, 2012, 01:47:53 pm »

Things have perked up a bit since I wrote about the syndrome issue. I'm not sure whether it's the mod, or just strange luck, but this has been a very odd embark so far.

Couple of things I've noted:

I managed to kill a couple of kobold thieves so built a creature lab to unpack their treasure bag. The creature lab seems to have an automatic "make a skill container" job that it keeps spamming. So far as I can tell. I'm not going to need one of those until I kill a megabeast, and I certainly don't need more than one of them. Unless I'm missing something, it probably ought not to be an automatic job.

When I built the creature lab, it looks like it took a caged white tigerman corpse I had nearby (courtesy of my local necromancer tower who thought it would be fun to send a wave of them against me in spring 132. The dark stranglers picked a bad moment to make their first appearance. They never reached me.), and built it into the fabric of the building. For a while I thought it was doing something with him, but I guess the poor chap is just a building material. T'was puzzling though, but I'm happy for him to stay there so long as he doesn't manage to escape. Which I have no doubt he will eventually.

Speaking of the Dark Stranglers, on arrival, they ignored my fort, and marched into a strange structure that I was sure was not shown on my embark screen. I'm guessing it was a tomb, as there were mummies present on arrival, which made for a quite panicy first few minutes. The tower undead who arrived shortly afterwards marched in after them, wiped them out, and marched back out. I don't imagine it's anything to do with Mastercraft, but it has certainly caused some weirdness. I can't see the tunnel in it all the way down, but it seems to hook up to the caverns, as your slime creatures have occasionally emerged from it to do battle with the mummies. Not been able to snag any of their special drops before the local thieves swoop in. Apparently a named Putric Blendec woodcrafter managed to get himself killed down there too, and I've NO IDEA what those guys are doing here already. Some sort of underground camp maybe. So far down that they don't show up in my unit list apart from that one. I shall investigate the structure eventually, once giant slimes and mummies are a little less terrifying.

Something down there is killing the mummies. I don't know what it is, but I fear it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: September 03, 2012, 02:02:20 pm »

I think I found a glitch in masterwork, But I made a thread in the dwarf fortress mode forum too incase its a problem with vanilla. It was right before the start of winter and the dwarven caravan came to my fortress for the first year. I had my seeds and some war dogs outside still and the caravan started to unload goods. A few minutes after I called my broker over the wagons burst into flames and burnt down the entire forest. I lost some dogs, all my seeds, my fod was cooked, (I think) and my broker went missing. He was really a pile of ash and clothing on the edge of the map. I was lucky too have a previous save and I rushed everything under ground. But nothing happened this time around. Has anyone had this happen before in vanilla? What happened?, boiling leather? 
They brought some flammable/exploding material. It has nothing to do with vanilla. Does the log say what's boiling when it burns people?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6693 on: September 03, 2012, 02:17:36 pm »

Magma.  -.-

All inorganic mats that use the stone-template have the name magma in liquid state. I have no way of narrowing it down, and sometimes dwarves arrive with magma. Stupid bastards, one of the reasons I restart ;)

GUI
Download-Link for Python,needed to run it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60111839/python-3.2.3.msi
Download-Link for GUI, Alpha, written by Roses, includes a readme. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60111839/DF_GUI-test.rar

The Gui can toggle all entries for CREATURE, ENTITY, ITEM, REACTION, PLANT, and INORGANIC. This means you can enable or disable every single entry from those. The interface is very, very basic by now, but my hope rests in Zenerbufen & Arclance to somehow merge both WIP-GUIs.

The Gui can also save/load templates, so you can keep your favourite mixes. Best part is that I can add the metatags to the raws and only have to add them to one txt file, and the code reads it out by itself. Harder smithing and coverage are added as a test.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:26:23 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: September 03, 2012, 02:41:46 pm »

That GUI does not work for me.
Code: [Select]
python3 DF_GUI.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "DF_GUI.py", line 21, in <module>
    for row in f:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/codecs.py", line 300, in decode
    (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xf8 in position 2698: invalid start byte
I will see if I can figure out why this happens but I am not as familiar with Python3 as I am with Python2.7.

This GUI is in Tk so we would have to decide if we use the old GUI (which is in QT) with this backend or to scrap the existing GUI.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:43:56 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: September 03, 2012, 02:46:51 pm »

The code itself for reading in the raws and all the logic should work just fine in QT, I would just have to change a few things around to be suitable for PyQT (Assuming that is what you are using?)

EDIT: That error seems more to do with the file it is reading in than the program itself.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:51:32 pm by Roses »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: September 03, 2012, 02:52:27 pm »

The code itself for reading in the raws and all the logic should work just fine in QT, I would just have to change a few things around to be suitable for PyQT (Assuming that is what you are using?)
We are using PyQt4.
We are almost done getting working cross platform, the font needs to be embedded before the alignment of elements can be adjusted.
You can look at the code for the GUI here.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: September 03, 2012, 03:11:46 pm »

EDIT: That error seems more to do with the file it is reading in than the program itself.
Yes it is.
It turned out to be because the encoding of the raws files is not consistent.
Some of them are utf-8 and some of them are ISO-8859-1.
This is common if you are using mods because Windows by default uses ISO-8859-1 and most other operating systems use utf-8.
It is a problem with the program if you want it to work with any mod since you won't be controlling the file encoding of the raws.

This makes the error go away, I have not tested if the utf-8 files are read correctly though.
Code: [Select]
for i in range(len(files)):
f = open(dir1+files[i], mode="rt", buffering=1, encoding="ISO-8859-1")
dat = []
for row in f:
dat.append(row)
totdat[i] = dat
f.close()
I also moved the f.close() inside the loop so you don't leave open files which can cause memory leaks.
It can also corrupt the data read from files if you reuse the variable without closing the old file first.

Python3 uses they system default encoding by default when trying to read text files.
Your code would work on Windows because its default system encoding is ISO-8859-1.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:17:25 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: September 03, 2012, 03:21:21 pm »

Ah, I have never coded for anything but Windows, so thanks for the catch. It's strange that I never got the error though on my machine. Also, don't know how that close statement got out of that loop!

Looking through your code for the GUI it really shouldn't be that hard at all to incorporate. I would just wrap it all in a class (it really should be anyway) and then it could be called easily enough. The question would be how you want to display the information. Should there be a tab for each group? Or should there be one tab with multiple buttons? Or one tab with everything sorted by columns? Also, should there be a separate tab for all the metatags?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: September 03, 2012, 03:44:07 pm »

Ah, I have never coded for anything but Windows, so thanks for the catch. It's strange that I never got the error though on my machine. Also, don't know how that close statement got out of that loop!
Your welcome, encoding in Python is a pain in the ass.
It was worse in Python2.7, the default encoding was ASCII though you can change it.

Looking through your code for the GUI it really shouldn't be that hard at all to incorporate. I would just wrap it all in a class (it really should be anyway) and then it could be called easily enough. The question would be how you want to display the information. Should there be a tab for each group? Or should there be one tab with multiple buttons? Or one tab with everything sorted by columns? Also, should there be a separate tab for all the metatags?
If you want to start on that I will clarify some things about the code for you.

The Ui_mainframe.py file which holds the GUI code is generated from mainframe.ui which is edited (mostly) with QT Designer.
masterwork-launcher.py3 starts the GUI and sets some settings for PyQt, resources_rc.py hold the embedded dwarf.png image and will hold the embedded font.

I can't say for sure how to present the information, that is up to Meph and Zenerbufen.
I think that a tab for each group would be best and fits well with the existing GUI.
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6700 on: September 03, 2012, 03:52:26 pm »

I can just note that all works on my WinXP machine, and that I get no error messages. Two things I did notice are these:

First: I cant toggle entire sub-groups, only individual entries.
I mean this:
Creatures
 - Birds
  - - Bird1
  - - Bird2
  - - Bird3

I can toggle bird 1, 2 or 3, but I cant toggle "birds" in total. This would mean a lot of clicking for someone who wants to disable all birds, or lets say Giant/Animalman versions. Would be great if this can somehow be added.

Second: I dont see how I can add different tileset versions in this setup, except if I do it this way:
YESPHOEBUS!{TILE:10}
NOIRONHAND!!{TILE:234}
NOMAYDAY!!{TILE:15}
NOASCII!!{TILE:1}

This would work, and uses a completely different way then I did so far, but I actually believe, after writing this down here, that it is superior to the old one. I would just need a file-replace-command for the actual tileset.png, OR add them all in the data/art and add metatags to the init.txt.

@Roses: Does it read out from all dwarffortress sub-folders, or only Dwarf Fortress\raw\objects ?

Apart from that I am amazed how 13kb of code can do all this, my old VB-GUI is sitting in the corner, crying and feeling inadequate. I just have to come up with the metatags and what to toggle. That will take a while ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: September 03, 2012, 04:00:40 pm »

I can just note that all works on my WinXP machine, and that I get no error messages. Two things I did notice are these:
I figured out what the problem was.
The way it was written it would only work on a Windows computer.
It should be fixed when Roses updates the code.

I can toggle bird 1, 2 or 3, but I cant toggle "birds" in total. This would mean a lot of clicking for someone who wants to disable all birds, or lets say Giant/Animalman versions. Would be great if this can somehow be added.
That sounds good to me as well.
It kind of works here right now, the click does not always do anything.

I would just need a file-replace-command for the actual tileset.png
I know how to do that if Roses wants someone else to write it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:04:02 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: September 03, 2012, 04:05:27 pm »

I mean this:
Creatures
 - Birds
  - - Bird1
  - - Bird2
  - - Bird3

That's strange, I think I might have disabled something when going through it. Should be an easy fix. Also the click doesn't always work, if you press it to quickly after pressing it the first time it won't register. Or it will register to many times. I need to find an acceptable delay (although the QT code for buttons may be entirely different)

Second: I dont see how I can add different tileset versions in this setup, except if I do it this way:
YESPHOEBUS!{TILE:10}
NOIRONHAND!!{TILE:234}
NOMAYDAY!!{TILE:15}
NOASCII!!{TILE:1}

This would work, and uses a completely different way then I did so far, but I actually believe, after writing this down here, that it is superior to the old one. I would just need a file-replace-command for the actual tileset.png, OR add them all in the data/art and add metatags to the init.txt.

I was going to set it up so that it copies from different folders depending on which graphics sets you want, but it could do either.

@Roses: Does it read out from all dwarffortress sub-folders, or only Dwarf Fortress\raw\objects ?

Apart from that I am amazed how 13kb of code can do all this, my old VB-GUI is sitting in the corner, crying and feeling inadequate. I just have to come up with the metatags and what to toggle. That will take a while ^^

Right now it only reads in the objects folders. But it is simple to read from more.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: September 03, 2012, 04:12:21 pm »

I am seeing the weird click behavior myself.

You will need to read other folders to be able to change unit tilesets since they are in a different folder than the other raws.

If you want to see what I have been doing to the QT GUI I posted an update on that here.
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6704 on: September 03, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »

Ah, it was the clicking. Disabling groups works, it was just that you shouldnt click to fast, or it doesnt do anything.

I will do the tilesets in one set of raws, how I described it. It will save me a ton of work, because I only have one set of raws. Might be interesting for Deon as well, because he has multiple sets currently. I personally hated it, when I modded and had to copy+past everything in 4 sets of raws.

It would be great if it reads any .txt files in dwarffortress\, and not just the raws. Many things are edited in the data\init as well.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 749