Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836285 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - UPDATE
« Reply #6555 on: August 26, 2012, 04:23:29 pm »

Possibly. I was more thinking about a cure that lets the dwarf survive. Temple-reaction to cure possession, needs shade-corpse as reagent. If you didnt manage to kill the shade-thief, good luck. Might be too hard though...

EDIT: Maybe the temple reaction would always cure all dwarves, you dont have to identify anyone. And a second way would be to find the possessed dwarf (little clues here and there) and then you can dispose/weaponize him as you like. Spawning a shade army whereever you want cant be too bad...

Perhaps he needs something to summon a hostile-to-everything army, after a specific time period has elapsed?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6556 on: August 26, 2012, 04:29:30 pm »

Cant mod this... I thought about a specific time that he is "on break" or "partying", to ensure that the army is summoned right inside your base and among the highest possible number of civilians.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: August 26, 2012, 04:34:08 pm »

Found the problem if anyone needs to know for future reference - the [BLOODSUCKER] tag is needed to make the creature denouncable as a creature of the night.

Those sprites look incredible btw - already looking forward for the next release!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: August 26, 2012, 04:38:50 pm »

Cant mod this... I thought about a specific time that he is "on break" or "partying", to ensure that the army is summoned right inside your base and among the highest possible number of civilians.

That would make in annoying to dispose of them though, since I don;t think military service overwrites that, although I could be wrong. It's how most people dispose of sleepers, as far as I can tell.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

lp_228

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: August 26, 2012, 04:39:44 pm »

@Meph - about this Volcanoes advanced world generator - i can't find it. Is it setting template for original DF world generator or is it completely separate application?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: August 26, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »

I want to say.. strand_extract, but I could be completely wrong...

Anyways I came here to drop this for anyone who is interested, a preview of the next mac release. (1.9.5) It currently RUNS! and I haven't experienced any crashes.. If you have a mac PLEASE TEST.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/75632380/Masterwork%20for%20Mac%20test.zip  <-- alpha release of 1.9.5-mac

notes: NEW GUI (not finished) included, for anyone who wants to help (code/test) it requires Python 3.2, and PyQtX installed (finished version won't ) it doesn't actually change the settings yet (back end isn't finished) but I would like to see if it at least runs on everyone's different machines, and displays properly and get feedback from you on it.

http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.3/  <-- python 3.2 Mac/Windows/Linux
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqtx/files/Complete/   <-- PyQtX MAC(download COMPLETE py323 version NOT py273)

If you are on windows/linux and want to help with the NEW GUI:
PyQt-Py3.2-x86-gpl-4.9.4-1.exe    Windows 32 bit installer
PyQt-Py3.2-x64-gpl-4.9.4-1.exe    Windows 64 bit installer
and linux source is available here:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download
You don't need SIP unless you are building from source (linux)

Also, I currently don't have access to windows or linux, and the gui is still based on masterwork 1.9.3, so if anyone could let me know if meph added/removed/changed any buttons please let me know.

P.S. Meph you should take a look at how I organized things in this release.. your releases to be a bit blunt are..  disastrous messes of disorganization.
I use linux and have a windows virtual machine setup so I can help test it for you.
I also program in python if you need any help with it, that would give me a reason to get more familiar with python3.

python3 will probably annoy some linux people because it is only really easily usable (most people don't know how to compile) in a bleeding edge linux distro.
Most linux distros with up to date software will have a PyQt package so building from source should not be needed if you did not have to build python3 as well.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:45:29 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

TTCBuilder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: August 26, 2012, 09:38:32 pm »

@Ip_228 I believe he is referring to the handcrafted map that comes with the mod. You can find it with the other maps.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6562 on: August 26, 2012, 09:50:43 pm »

Yes, go to "create world with acvanced settings" and chose the "Scorching Shiv" DESERT(Volcano) map setting on the top-right of the screen.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: August 26, 2012, 10:29:22 pm »

I use linux and have a windows virtual machine setup so I can help test it for you.
I also program in python if you need any help with it, that would give me a reason to get more familiar with python3.

python3 will probably annoy some linux people because it is only really easily usable (most people don't know how to compile) in a bleeding edge linux distro.
Most linux distros with up to date software will have a PyQt package so building from source should not be needed if you did not have to build python3 as well.
I would love help. To tell the truth I am a little overwhelmed with some insane stuff that has been happening in my life. I'm having a hard time to sit down and even focus to play games, let alone code.

I would not object to python 2, but I'm using this as an opportunity myself to learn the 'new right' way of the python world as I brush up my rusty python skills. Once I get my windows&linux environments up I was planning on cx_freezing it, and including everything so it should work regardless of installed python versions. Since it's a pretty simple app and wont have many libraries, including the python run-time only adds a few megs.  It's good to know PyQt is build into most linux distros. That opens the door for more people who could help if they wanted. I have more experience with BSD systems myself.

There are a LOT of buttons, and GUI programing is tedious. (maybe I'm doing it wrong :p) Having someone else jump in and help might motivate me again.
I left off in mainframe.ui (using QT designer,) which the QT Tools use to auto-generate Ui_mainframe.py where most of the GUI code is. (Up to 8900 lines of code now!) I was copying over the pop-up help text for all the buttons.
also in the /lib folder you will find the back-end code from the windows version that needs to be ported to python3 still. Feel free to jump in wherever you want. We should probably put it in the repo, or at least pass notes back and for though if we want to both hack away at the code at the same time.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6564 on: August 26, 2012, 10:39:15 pm »

But zenerbufen... didnt I mention in a PM to you that Roses is writing on a phyton program to select and deselect items as well ? He plans to release it himself for vanilla DF, but wants to add a few lines of code and a little tutorial for me, so I can fit it to the mod. You were having so much trouble in RL, that I diverted some of the workload. I am surprised that you currently do something on the python GUI.  ???

Also, for those who care: All buildings in MDF2. Magic isnt finished, rest is good to go. New additions are marked with red. Creature Armory has been renamed to "Warbeast Kennels", Chemist to "Chemistry Laboratory" and Alchemist to "Alchemists Chambers" Apart from that there are many new buildings, as you can see. The hotkeys are all done as well, just added a unique one for each buildings. From the small letter there is only the x left, and from the shift_letters only 5. Wow, I am running out of hotkeys. Have about 50% of the alt_letters left.

Explanation new buildings:
Finishing forge can "cold hammer" metals. Known feature already, just moved it away from the crucible.
Crucible got a whole new list, and refines base metals from boulders and is more efficient in steel/bronze production, and can clean rusty iron/steel.
Warpstone Lab will do special weapons and ammo from dead skaven loot.
Bifrost forge will do weapons and armor from dead frost giant loot.
Machine Factory makes items and creatures from dead automaton loot.
Mithril forge is your only way to get mithril (that and trading) and needs elven blueprints.
Summoning Circle summons evil demons to fight and kill for reward. Needs drow blueprints.
Human blueprints will be needed for the gunsmith.
Dwarven blueprints will be needed for the.... Runesmith(?; if I do one) Otherwise for the Golem Forge. (imagine a royal permit from the mountainhomes)
Herbalist makes special items from plants. Mostly for good/evil/savage biomes.
Leather/Cloth/Wood Manufacturer makes items, batches, sets and has specific material selections.
Slaughterhouse is like the butchery, just for special corpses and megabeasts. Used for the new, better upgrade/reward system.
The Alchemist can no create water and magma, as well as transmute metals.
The Chemist can make blackpowder, Dynamite and Nitroglycerin.
Fishpond is the new fishfarm, and can teach swimming as well.
Magic buildings are not done yet, but there will be 4, one for each race.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:48:58 pm by Meph »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: August 26, 2012, 11:09:21 pm »

But zenerbufen... didnt I mention in a PM to you that Roses is writing on a phyton program to select and deselect items as well ? He plans to release it himself for vanilla DF, but wants to add a few lines of code and a little tutorial for me, so I can fit it to the mod. You were having so much trouble in RL, that I diverted some of the workload. I am surprised that you currently do something on the python GUI.  ???

We could always share code with each other(I.E. borrow Roses code into your interface, so the switch isn't so jarring for the users, and we don't have to rewrite all the helps). The last I heard from you in PM Roses hadn't sent you/completed anything yet. I was thinking of having an 'advanced' tab eventually that tied into the work Roses is doing that let you scroll through all the individual options but keep the different button tabs like now for the main options.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: August 26, 2012, 11:42:35 pm »

The hotkeys are all done as well, just added a unique one for each buildings. From the small letter there is only the x left, and from the shift_letters only 5. Wow, I am running out of hotkeys. Have about 50% of the alt_letters left.

Still a whole alphabet of CTRL_ workshops?

MoreAxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: August 27, 2012, 04:12:23 am »

I want to say.. strand_extract, but I could be completely wrong...

Anyways I came here to drop this for anyone who is interested, a preview of the next mac release. (1.9.5) It currently RUNS! and I haven't experienced any crashes.. If you have a mac PLEASE TEST.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/75632380/Masterwork%20for%20Mac%20test.zip  <-- alpha release of 1.9.5-mac

notes: NEW GUI (not finished) included, for anyone who wants to help (code/test) it requires Python 3.2, and PyQtX installed (finished version won't ) it doesn't actually change the settings yet (back end isn't finished) but I would like to see if it at least runs on everyone's different machines, and displays properly and get feedback from you on it.

http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.3/  <-- python 3.2 Mac/Windows/Linux
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqtx/files/Complete/   <-- PyQtX MAC(download COMPLETE py323 version NOT py273)

If you are on windows/linux and want to help with the NEW GUI:
PyQt-Py3.2-x86-gpl-4.9.4-1.exe    Windows 32 bit installer
PyQt-Py3.2-x64-gpl-4.9.4-1.exe    Windows 64 bit installer
and linux source is available here:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download
You don't need SIP unless you are building from source (linux)

Also, I currently don't have access to windows or linux, and the gui is still based on masterwork 1.9.3, so if anyone could let me know if meph added/removed/changed any buttons please let me know.

P.S. Meph you should take a look at how I organized things in this release.. your releases to be a bit blunt are..  disastrous messes of disorganization.

Is the code in the .zip file crossplatform enough to run on Windows? If so, I'll be taking a look at this as soon as I'm done with my driving license. (that is, if everyting goes well, on Wednesday)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: August 27, 2012, 04:19:07 am »

Only the osx df is included, but with pyqt 4 and python 3 installed yes you can play with the new gui on windows. note, the backend isn't finished so you can click on the buttons all you want but they don't do anything (yet)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: August 27, 2012, 04:24:47 am »

Quick question.

My resolution seems to be very low, and changing the init.txt doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 749