Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836266 times)

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - UPDATE
« Reply #6540 on: August 26, 2012, 04:34:34 am »

Hi there - wondering if anyone can shine some light on this cause I'm quite puzzled  ???

I've got an adventurer tasked with revealing a greater vampire lord and slaying it - the problem is not only is the vampire the king of the civilization he's also masquerading as their god of war (!). So when I go talk to him (he's kinda obvious being in a monstrous form and all) and accuse him of being a night creature he just protests and tells me to calm down! Attacking him just results in all my stalwart companions turning on me. So is there anyway of revealing this guy or is it an anomoly?

Thanks!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: August 26, 2012, 04:36:45 am »

He is probably not technically a night creature as defined by vannila DF.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: August 26, 2012, 05:11:07 am »

He is probably not technically a night creature as defined by vannila DF.

Curious though then that I got a quest to kill him as if he was. What I'm thinking is that it might be due to the mix of night creature vampire tags and the clown tag that enables the takeover of a civilization and posing as a deity conflicting?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: August 26, 2012, 06:59:18 am »

I love the runic weapons - I really like having super-weapons that I can only get with a lot of labor.  I would love to use plate armor for the same reason, but I find that my dwarfs never equip it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: August 26, 2012, 08:14:38 am »

I could usually get em to work, kinda hope they return one day.

It depends. On some settings. they crash the game on year one. On other settings, they do nothing.
Then there must mean some unit that doesn't have their caste description and the transformation is breaking the game.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lp_228

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: August 26, 2012, 11:44:39 am »

I'd like to generate custom world which consists mosty of wastelands/dunes/deserts etc, but also has a bit of vegetation and trees, some lakes and rivers (like oasis in middle of desert) and frequent minerals (with flux)? Some volcanoes would be nice too.
Wchich setting should i use in world generator to achieve this?

silverfur11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: August 26, 2012, 11:50:01 am »

Ok, I can probably help with this one.

Firstly backup your current copy of inorganic_stone_layer.txt which you can find in the raw/objects folder of your masterwork install.  This step is incase my fix doesnt work, or makes things even worse somehow.  Stick the original somewhere safe.

Secondly grab http://www.mediafire.com/view/?awzpr6laznl78y1

Thirdly paste that file into raw/objects.  If you just backed up the original and didnt actually remove it then it will ask to overwrite, let it.

Basically I changed the tiles for a bunch of the layer stones from their ascii back to graphical tiles.  The tile numbers themselves seem different for masterwork than for my LazyNewbPack vanillaDF with Phoebus installed, not sure exactly what changed, Meph changed a heck of a lot.  So rather than copy across the old values I matched up the stone types that were missing a tile with other stonetiles from my masterwork install.

End result should be that while the rocks may not look exactly as you remember them from vanilla+Phoebus, particularly colors, they should at least be using Phoebus tiles rather than ASCII.

Hope this helps

EDIT: occurs to me that this needs a new world to take effect.  To fix your current save then go through the data folder, find the region you are playing in and put the file into those raws rather than the main game ones

Thanks
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.9.4 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Download @ DFFD ::: WIN ::: MAC ::: LINUX

Zerkuron1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: August 26, 2012, 01:28:55 pm »

Is it possible to play vanilla saves with this mod? I hope I can use this mod to improve the fps for my LP in fortress mode. I am at 48 FPS at 15 GFPS and for a video more speed means more progress per episode.

Thanks in advance for the answers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6548 on: August 26, 2012, 01:39:53 pm »

@lp_228: Check out the adv world gen called: Volcanoes. Should have everything you ask for.

@zerkuron1: absolutely not. 99% needs a new worldgen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zerkuron1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: August 26, 2012, 03:01:59 pm »

Thanks for this quick answer.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6550 on: August 26, 2012, 03:21:35 pm »

Preview :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: August 26, 2012, 03:25:07 pm »

I like Spawns being integrated into a larger chaos army.  The all look awesome!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6552 on: August 26, 2012, 03:30:57 pm »

I havent decided anything about the spawn yet.

Shades will come lategame, only as thieves (like kobolds) But they can possess one of your dwarves, and if you dont "heal" him, they spawn a 20-40 unit army INSIDE your fortress after a while. Possessed dwarf opens portal to the nether, shades pour out.

Chaos will be in hell, non-flying only. So people fight the generic demons that fly at them, and then have on the bottom of hell the forces of chaos to fight. Want to do the 4 great demons, with special loot.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: August 26, 2012, 03:32:16 pm »

I havent decided anything about the spawn yet.

Shades will come lategame, only as thieves (like kobolds) But they can possess one of your dwarves, and if you dont "heal" him, they spawn a 20-40 unit army INSIDE your fortress after a while. Possessed dwarf opens portal to the nether, shades pour out.

Chaos will be in hell, non-flying only. So people fight the generic demons that fly at them, and then have on the bottom of hell the forces of chaos to fight. Want to do the 4 great demons, with special loot.

Does the "Cure" Involve drawbridges and magma?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6554 on: August 26, 2012, 03:35:45 pm »

Possibly. I was more thinking about a cure that lets the dwarf survive. Temple-reaction to cure possession, needs shade-corpse as reagent. If you didnt manage to kill the shade-thief, good luck. Might be too hard though...

EDIT: Maybe the temple reaction would always cure all dwarves, you dont have to identify anyone. And a second way would be to find the possessed dwarf (little clues here and there) and then you can dispose/weaponize him as you like. Spawning a shade army whereever you want cant be too bad...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:39:58 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 749