Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836249 times)

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - UPDATE
« Reply #6525 on: August 25, 2012, 03:48:13 am »

Ok so I destroyed the temple and rebuilt it. The guy who built it is trapped inside and cant access the iridum. No one else can get in for some reason.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: August 25, 2012, 04:16:47 am »

If you are not using the very newest version then yes, the old temple to armok could trap the builder.

Im guessing you built it so that it its right up against a wall.

Code: [Select]
xAAAA
xAAAA
xAAAA
xxxxxx

Thats a rough approximation of how I built my first with A being the temple and X being walls.  The builder got trapped.  Mining out the walls around the temple free'd the builder.  Its an issue with how the impassible tiles were laid out in that version of the temple.  I imagine the new 1.9.5 version fixes this.

So if the builder cant get out, no-one else can get in, since he stands on the work-tile to build it and that tile is clearly not accessible from your fort if he cant escape
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

silverfur11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: August 25, 2012, 08:53:09 am »

Um with some the the layer stones look like the old ASCII Tile set and not like Phosbus and I am using the simple stones off and harder mining on if it matters. Is there any way to get them to look the the Phosbus rocks?
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.9.4 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Download @ DFFD ::: WIN ::: MAC ::: LINUX

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: August 25, 2012, 09:29:53 am »

Ok, I can probably help with this one.

Firstly backup your current copy of inorganic_stone_layer.txt which you can find in the raw/objects folder of your masterwork install.  This step is incase my fix doesnt work, or makes things even worse somehow.  Stick the original somewhere safe.

Secondly grab http://www.mediafire.com/view/?awzpr6laznl78y1

Thirdly paste that file into raw/objects.  If you just backed up the original and didnt actually remove it then it will ask to overwrite, let it.

Basically I changed the tiles for a bunch of the layer stones from their ascii back to graphical tiles.  The tile numbers themselves seem different for masterwork than for my LazyNewbPack vanillaDF with Phoebus installed, not sure exactly what changed, Meph changed a heck of a lot.  So rather than copy across the old values I matched up the stone types that were missing a tile with other stonetiles from my masterwork install.

End result should be that while the rocks may not look exactly as you remember them from vanilla+Phoebus, particularly colors, they should at least be using Phoebus tiles rather than ASCII.

Hope this helps

EDIT: occurs to me that this needs a new world to take effect.  To fix your current save then go through the data folder, find the region you are playing in and put the file into those raws rather than the main game ones
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:38:41 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: August 25, 2012, 09:31:45 am »

Just doing a little bit of research and hanging out with a fraternity on the MIT. Fun guys :)

Chemist:
blackpowder => brimstone, saltpeter, charcoal.

Dynamite => nitroglycerin, sawdust/similar stuff, wrapped in paper.

Nitroglycerin =>  is a heavy, colorless, oily, explosive liquid produced by nitrating glycerol.

All this leads to this conclusion: Blackpowder is easy, dwarven tech, and will be used for guns and turrets. TNT is too f*cking complicated to simulate. Dynamite is a go. Needs nitroglycerin, and this needs glycerol. Glycerol => Bi-product of soapmaking (Fight Club ftw) or farming oil bearing plants. To make it clear: Make soap/farm plants => glycerol => +flux => nitroglycerin => +wood&coal => Dynamite => +bolt => Fun explosive ammo

There's also gun cotton.  It's made from adding nitric and sulfuric acid to cotton.   Nitric acid can be made by heating saltpeter with sulfuric acid, which can be made by burning sulfur and saltpeter with steam.  It's both stronger and less stable than nitroglycerine, but eventually nitrocellulose became the basis for smokeless gunpowder.

And please make it so that dwarves can throw exploding sticks of dynamite too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6530 on: August 25, 2012, 09:54:10 am »

And back to the routine of me adding one mistake into every release. Catch them all.  :-\

Bone_Block entry in inorganic_zmasterwork.txt is double, leading to duplicate raws, leading to fancy inorganic entries. Fix for inorganic_masterwork

I also updated the main download with a fixed version. Edit: Also fixed some missing tools for the library system. I shouldnt do this stuff while deadly tired. ^^
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:34:29 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PenguinEmperor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: August 25, 2012, 10:10:21 am »

That could explain why I had picks, an axe, and an anvil made out of fireball available at embark. Actually embarking had predictable results.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6532 on: August 25, 2012, 04:37:47 pm »

Iam too goddamn distracted to code. Boston is awesome, I am staying at the Tau Epsilon Phi fraternity of the MIT, and there is too much crazyness going on for me to do DF. Maybe I find more time in NY ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: August 25, 2012, 07:09:54 pm »

Shame about the illithids those where one of my favorite classes to play based on shear power alone. though I wonder what lead to the removal of them completely than just leaving in a pre-34 version of them in?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: August 25, 2012, 08:26:44 pm »

Couldn't get them to stop crashing people games, and meph couldn't reproduce the crash on his machine to find a fix. Everytime he thought he fixed it, they would still cause crashes.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: August 25, 2012, 08:28:07 pm »

I could usually get em to work, kinda hope they return one day.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: August 25, 2012, 08:32:58 pm »

I could usually get em to work, kinda hope they return one day.

It depends. On some settings. they crash the game on year one. On other settings, they do nothing.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: August 25, 2012, 11:47:43 pm »

What labor do dwarves need to transform into golems at golem forges?

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: August 26, 2012, 12:13:14 am »

I want to say.. strand_extract, but I could be completely wrong...

Anyways I came here to drop this for anyone who is interested, a preview of the next mac release. (1.9.5) It currently RUNS! and I haven't experienced any crashes.. If you have a mac PLEASE TEST.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/75632380/Masterwork%20for%20Mac%20test.zip  <-- alpha release of 1.9.5-mac

notes: NEW GUI (not finished) included, for anyone who wants to help (code/test) it requires Python 3.2, and PyQtX installed (finished version won't ) it doesn't actually change the settings yet (back end isn't finished) but I would like to see if it at least runs on everyone's different machines, and displays properly and get feedback from you on it.

http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.3/  <-- python 3.2 Mac/Windows/Linux
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqtx/files/Complete/   <-- PyQtX MAC(download COMPLETE py323 version NOT py273)

If you are on windows/linux and want to help with the NEW GUI:
PyQt-Py3.2-x86-gpl-4.9.4-1.exe    Windows 32 bit installer
PyQt-Py3.2-x64-gpl-4.9.4-1.exe    Windows 64 bit installer
and linux source is available here:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download
You don't need SIP unless you are building from source (linux)

Also, I currently don't have access to windows or linux, and the gui is still based on masterwork 1.9.3, so if anyone could let me know if meph added/removed/changed any buttons please let me know.

P.S. Meph you should take a look at how I organized things in this release.. your releases to be a bit blunt are..  disastrous messes of disorganization.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 12:22:17 am by zenerbufen »

raledon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: August 26, 2012, 04:25:14 am »

A problem I encountered in the 1.9.4 (downloading 1.9.5): for some reason my crossbow dwarves pick a crossbow/javelin thrower, a quiver, and a backpack with some food, but don't take ammo with them.
Correction: one of the javelin throwers put some knives in the quiver. They do not, however, pick their ammo (got enough in the fortress. When hunting they do not seem to have a problem).
Should I build a barracks? Will it help?

Edit: ok, using 1.9.5. The dwarves  are using an assortment of ammo for their weaponry: crossbow with javelins or axe heads, javelins with knife blades, and (!) javelins.
Can they actually use the ammo they got in their quivers?
Also, in my saved game it seem to keep requiring bronze instead of copper to make metallurgist...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:23:32 am by raledon »
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 749