Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836324 times)

marcusbjol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Weaponry/Armory Poll
« Reply #6510 on: August 24, 2012, 03:04:41 pm »

I like the option to upgrade the weapons and armor.  Starting to explore it.  Less different types of both would be nice tho.

Having a problem with sorting out Lamallar leather; after going through the rigourous process to make it, I DONOT want to end up with quivers made of it.

I have tried making one stockpile that accepts all leather and another that accepts only lamallar leather; the second stockpile doesnt seem to ever take the Lamallar.  Any Ideas?

sharix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: August 24, 2012, 03:26:50 pm »

I bought a caged hawk and a caged raptor from a caravan. are those two safe to assign to a pasture or should they be kept in cages?

edit: also, I think I found a bug, not sure if it's Masterwork's fault though:
when I buy caged animals and they are transferred to a stockpile, I can see images of the animals. When I then move the cages to my zoo, images aren't displayed anymore and I see the default letters.

edit: also: when I want to build a fountain of tech research lab (in the building menu) it says in red taht I need 4 or 5 non-commercial stone, but I have plenty.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:41:02 pm by sharix »

silverfur11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: August 24, 2012, 04:24:15 pm »

Can someone please do a Text document or something version of the Manual/25 Tips and Tricks because my computer doesnt like opening PDF files for some reason. :(
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.9.4 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Download @ DFFD ::: WIN ::: MAC ::: LINUX

sharix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: August 24, 2012, 04:29:59 pm »

Here you are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
edited for legibility
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:32:25 pm by sharix »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6514 on: August 24, 2012, 04:40:50 pm »

Daggers as bayonetts sounds reasonable. I like it. Just have to enable daggers in the entity file then.

@sharix: The sprite display with caged creatures is vanilla DF. And all creatures from caravans should be tame (?) I dont think you'll have problems with those.

Grenadier profession ? I dont think so, the special ammo will be just ammo. Crossbow dwarves will be able to use it, no special anything needed. It is more "dynamite tied to an arrow" then a grenade. Rest will go the magic route of special spells.

The rest has been answered, although I dont think that the "workshop reactions are red" should show up when you dont use burrows at all. Thats sounds unreasonable.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

silverfur11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: August 24, 2012, 05:19:24 pm »

Here you are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
edited for legibility
Thanks
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.9.4 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Download @ DFFD ::: WIN ::: MAC ::: LINUX

sharix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: August 24, 2012, 06:12:05 pm »

I'm talking about the same creatures that were bought from caravans. First they have images, then the vanilla sprites when I move them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6517 on: August 24, 2012, 06:23:26 pm »

>>> NEW DOWNLOAD 1.9.5 (Win) <<<

- Changed chemists brimstone reaction, brimstone was the "magma in bags" that arrived with caravans.
 - Removed NOSTUN from syndrome of mage transformation, no more endless sleep.
 - Legendary skill essence is now created into a container, no more 1000-stuff spam.
 - Bronze armorplates now aviable
 - Dwarves can no longer become crazed from reactions, since this will cause loyality cascades.
 - Plategreaves and spikegreaves have a higher layer permit, allowing clothing underneath.
 - Added the weapon balancing fixes done by wrex and smakemupagus. Thanks :)
 - Fixed golem hearts brought by traders.
 - Metallurgist now needs a copper bar instead of a bronze bar. Mixed that up previously.
 - Rest-oil from boiling leather in oil now is produces inside the container, not outside.
 - Added FROSTBRAND. A legendary weapon in the research lab. Try it out :)
 - Added The great bifrost forge for specific bifrost items
 - Added new library system. Essays, Books and Masterpieces. :)
 - Added new design for golem forge and temple of armok.
 - Bone blocks are now stockpiled.
 - Wicker blocks are now stockpiled.
 - Illithids removed completely.
 - Blast Furnace removed.
 - Fishing nets now needs blocks (5) instead of boulders (5).
 - Added fishpond design, replaced fishfarm.
 - Added newest Dwarf Therapist (splinterz branch, v17).
 - Added direct reactions for siegeammo. 1 bar = 3 ballista bolts.

Notes: Just a few bugfixes and balancing here. There are also some tiny new features, the bifrost forge, the new library system and the unique artefact, the frostbrand. This one is in as a test, but very high tech, you need to kill some frost giants for it first. It should result in a weapon... with a description. :)

I also put ~65h of work into v.2, but the alpha is far from playable. ~25h went into the manual I guess. The 1.9.5 will be the last update, before the big overhaul. Please excuse me not testing the 1.9.5 version, I only did the raw changes and checked the errorlog. But the alpha I am working on is currently absolutely, 100% bug-free. :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:34:38 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - UPDATE
« Reply #6518 on: August 24, 2012, 06:26:53 pm »

It's unfortunate that the illithid venom induces crashes- it's a good idea, but as far as I can tell if an illithid bites someone during worldgen, everything goes down the shitter. Granted, I could be wrong, but as far as I know, that's the issue.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: August 24, 2012, 07:25:10 pm »

Seems good. I will test it later tonight. What kind of weapon balancing did you do?
Shame about the blast furnace though. I liked it so think that I will add it back for my next fort. Too bad that it was always cluttered.

Keep up the good work ;)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6520 on: August 24, 2012, 07:38:07 pm »

The buildings and reactions are still there for the blast furnace. Just the entity lines (permitted_something) are missing. Easy for you to fix.

Oh, yes, in case you wondered: This is the new design for the golem forge:

And there will be a new industry, related to farming animals...
The Slaughterhouse
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:03:13 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6521 on: August 24, 2012, 10:02:47 pm »

Just doing a little bit of research and hanging out with a fraternity on the MIT. Fun guys :)

Chemist:
blackpowder => brimstone, saltpeter, charcoal.

Dynamite => nitroglycerin, sawdust/similar stuff, wrapped in paper.

Nitroglycerin =>  is a heavy, colorless, oily, explosive liquid produced by nitrating glycerol.

Glycerol => Glycerol forms the backbone of triglycerides, and is chiefly produced by saponification of fats as a byproduct of soap-making. ALTERNATE: It is also a byproduct of the production of biodiesel via transesterification. This form of crude glycerin is often dark in appearance with a thick, syrup-like consistency. Triglycerides (1) are treated with an alcohol such as ethanol (2) with catalytic base to give ethyl esters of fatty acids (3) and glycerol.

TNT => First, toluene is nitrated with a mixture of sulfuric and nitric acid to produce mono-nitrotoluene or MNT. The MNT is separated and then renitrated to dinitrotoluene or DNT. In the final step, the DNT is nitrated to trinitrotoluene or TNT using an anhydrous mixture of nitric acid and oleum. Nitric acid is consumed by the manufacturing process, but the diluted sulfuric acid can be reconcentrated and reused. 

All this leads to this conclusion: Blackpowder is easy, dwarven tech, and will be used for guns and turrets. TNT is too f*cking complicated to simulate. Dynamite is a go. Needs nitroglycerin, and this needs glycerol. Glycerol => Bi-product of soapmaking (Fight Club ftw) or farming oil bearing plants. To make it clear: Make soap/farm plants => glycerol => +flux => nitroglycerin => +wood&coal => Dynamite => +bolt => Fun explosive ammo

I am also thinking about mineral oils and inorganic dyes made in the chemist. I dont know how much I will work with actual powders in bags (works horribly in DF, and there is the bug that this stuff is not found when the bags are stored in barrels, so I rather keep it to tools and boulders)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:05:40 pm by Meph »

Maur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: August 24, 2012, 11:04:06 pm »

My newly appointed Baron is on break for a season already. For the record, he was on break when he was appointed.

Also, he (actually, another baron, but nevermin) and his consort don't do mechanic job, even though they do others (didn't check all, but weapon/armorsmith work).

What's up?

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: August 25, 2012, 02:23:01 am »

Did you mean to make Bloodsteel something I can mine? Cause it is.

Seems to be a layer stone, showing up in the soil areas, leaves behind stone at the 1 in 4 ratio, doesn't seem to be good for anything, can't build stuff, can't smelt it.

Found it in Garden of Gaia, v1.9.5, I did no raw editing, changed no options for materials in the settings.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:33:39 am by Panopticon »

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: August 25, 2012, 03:10:51 am »

Do you need a special noble for praying for golem hearts? I have people with strand extraction enabled and no job, but no one will do it. I also have a corpse from a sacrifice in the middle of the temple. Will that matter?
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 749