Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836362 times)

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - ANOTHER POLL, YEAH!!!
« Reply #6405 on: August 20, 2012, 07:02:09 am »

That's not a bad idea. Gems are scarce enough as it is, you can't exactly equip dozens of soldiers with gem weapons and armor either way.

Cut rocks instead. Or if you don't want to waste rocks you can use, cut essence residue instead.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: August 20, 2012, 08:14:43 am »

That's not a bad idea. Gems are scarce enough as it is, you can't exactly equip dozens of soldiers with gem weapons and armor either way.

Gems are not scarce. You can always order them from caravans.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: August 20, 2012, 09:12:34 am »

Well yes, you can, but compared to, say, hematite+flux, they are scarce. Gem weapons are good, but I don't think they are close to mithril quality.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6408 on: August 20, 2012, 12:07:47 pm »

Gem Industry is fine as it is. I do have a "combine 4 small gems into 1 big gem" in my dev-version, so that should make it easier. Gem furniture (Can easily add statues, no problem) is currently generic. Ruby makes a "Gem Statue" that is stockpiled. Because a "ruby statues" would not. Gem-template using inorganic materials are not stockpiled. I can easily make all items from ruby to ruby item, diamond to diamond item and so on, but nothing will be stockpiled. So I reverted them to a fake plant with gem-like qualities, called "gem". There is no other way to fix this.  Gem stuff is so nice, because it does not need fuel.

@moreaxes: VB, but there is a new GUI in work, in Python. Also crossplatform. :)

@handfullofcheese: dont know anything about adv. mode, sorry. Never played it, I only mod for fortress mode.

@neyvn: maybe, depends on the world. Some worlds and biomes have different items and so forth. 
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

r4NGe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: August 20, 2012, 12:23:24 pm »

Tried to find this answer on my own but no go.

I make plates at the armory, then attempt to apply them to armor. Unfortunately, the military is using the good stuff, and they immediately pick up new armor. Is there a simple way to have the plates applied to my good armor.

The way I think I could do it:
Assign no uniforms to all squads, stockpile nice steel stuff next to armory, apply plates, tell them to get dressed they are embarrassing themselves.

Anyone know an easier way?

MoreAxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: August 20, 2012, 12:33:11 pm »

I was hoping you'd say C++, but Python is fine as well. If you need more brains on the new GUI, let me know.

Cromage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: August 20, 2012, 12:50:09 pm »

@cromage: Have you pastured the needed pets on top of the workshop? And sorry about the crash, the only thing is the gamlog.txt and the errorlog.txt in the main df folder, but they rarely help.

Yeah, I've tried pasturing them there. And neither log seems to have recorded anything. It literally always crashes at the same place; maybe I'll just start a new fort. =/

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: August 20, 2012, 12:54:54 pm »

Tried to find this answer on my own but no go.

I make plates at the armory, then attempt to apply them to armor. Unfortunately, the military is using the good stuff, and they immediately pick up new armor. Is there a simple way to have the plates applied to my good armor.

The way I think I could do it:
Assign no uniforms to all squads, stockpile nice steel stuff next to armory, apply plates, tell them to get dressed they are embarrassing themselves.

Anyone know an easier way?

Yup, make sure you are using the plated version of the armor in the uniform instead of the non-plated version.  Then they won't use the non-plated stuff.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

sharix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: August 20, 2012, 01:05:42 pm »

New Masterwork user here. Is there a guide somewhere that explain how to set the options on OS X, which doesn't have the Masterwork GUI app?

edit: also, I tried to run the Windows' "Masterwork Settings 1.9.4.exe" with mono. It started fine, but said it couldn't find the Dwarf Fortress directory, and then closed.
So I guess that with the correct setting of the directories the Windows app could easily be run on OS X as well.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:09:44 pm by sharix »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6414 on: August 20, 2012, 01:17:18 pm »

Yeah, appearently with mono you can run it on Mac and with Wine you can run it on Linux. There will still be a new/better one written in Python, that runs on all by default. At least I hope so.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sharix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: August 20, 2012, 01:32:18 pm »

Great, but how do I set this up in the meantime?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6416 on: August 20, 2012, 01:36:35 pm »

Since I dont have a Mac nor ever used one... I dont know.

sharix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: August 20, 2012, 01:44:00 pm »

Umm there seems to be a misunderstanding. You are the creator of this mod, right? I'm only asking how to use it on OS X. I have downloaded the OS X pack.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6418 on: August 20, 2012, 01:45:26 pm »

Yes, I am. I still dont have a MAC and dont know how to use one. First post says: I do the Windows support, for Mac/Linux question, ask zenerbufen. I cant even open the mac version on my netbook...

sharix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: August 20, 2012, 02:18:57 pm »

Oh sorry, didn't see that.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 749