Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836330 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Html-Manual#2 (beta)
« Reply #6300 on: August 15, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »

In honour of the 420th post on Masterwork, I suggest everyone favourite plant be added  :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis

When eaten causes dwarves to move slower, be hungry, but cures all other ailments.  8)

If meph doesn't add this we will have to start an Official Unofficial Masterwork add-on pack, kind of like the orc plug-in. We can include all the stuff meph don't like, such as tentacle monsters, space aliens, cat people, ninjas, samurai, more revealing female armour and sharks with freaking lazerbeams attached to their heads.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: August 15, 2012, 03:32:43 pm »

Ishar, did you perhaps have a tree grow in front of the Depot in such a way as to prevent them having wagon room? That happened to me recently.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: August 15, 2012, 03:50:26 pm »

Traps block depot line now, it's a recent change.  Press the key (is it shift-D?) that brings up the depot and see where the area covered in "Ds" ends.  I suspect it's this just because I am pretty sure you locked traders *into* the community fort by building traps a few turns ago :)

Amphouse

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: August 15, 2012, 03:52:27 pm »

Don't traps block depot access? Or does Masterwork change that?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Trade_depot

EDIT: Ninja'd

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6304 on: August 15, 2012, 04:11:08 pm »

Traps block wagons in Vanilla DF

@ultimara: When did I ever say that this mod would die ? ^^

@smakemupagus:
Also, i'm really glad Meph gets to make all the final calls in the end, b/c this is really complicated, lol
Unsure how I should feel about this ;) But will definetly balance the weapons based on your science, forum science, wiki and my personal testing for the big update.

@richielias: do a find and replace in all creatures files, search for creature_mat:animal and replace with local creature mat. You will figure it out I hope, otherwise it will break everything ;) you will get all other named materials back this way as well though...

I would like to post more, but that has to wait till tomorrow. I am on the road right now, 120km to go till Montreal. Have fun guys, and thanks for all the feedback. And I do LOVE laser-wearing sharks, they I would mod in without a second thought. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kenright

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: August 15, 2012, 04:31:00 pm »

Strange (maybe vanilla?) bug I encountered:
The wagons passed my trading site, they said it was inaccessible. I built a 3 wide road right to the edge of the map, so that shouldn't happen I think. I have a row of cage traps right in front of the depot (for thieves), and a bridge (retractable, but accessible when the traders came).
I have ANOTHER drawbridge that connects the depot to the rest of the fort, that was retracted - by my logic, that shouldn't stop the wagons from accessing the depot itself.

What could cause this? The traps? The bridge? The other bridge? I've never seen anything like this, the problem baffles me especially since this is not a new setup for me, I've built things like this countless times.

The Traps. Look at the DF wiki, its a bug in .34

It should be fixed relatively soon, but until then, Wagons cannot pass over traps.

Well damn I'm late to the party.

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: August 15, 2012, 04:48:44 pm »

Looks like I'll be taking a break from DF so before I go I want to report on some things that came up in my last play-through. I should say that I played with fortress defense races, weak and medium (not the toughest). It was alot of fun overall, but here are some of the issues:

- I couldn't get dwarves to equip plate greaves or spikegreaves. Changed layer permit from 5 to 49 as someone suggested earlier and the thread and that fixed it. I think you fixed this on the "human" version of the plate greaves, but not the dwarf/drow one.

- Refining slade metal in the magma arc furnace leads to some odd issues where the powder burns up, making alot of smoke, stopping work, and ending in a "pile of slade" at the workshop. Never had such problems with the other metals, and it's not deadly, just annoying.

- Repairing golems in the magma golem forge doesn't seem to work. I went through ~10 reactions with two damaged golems pastured on the workshop, and there was no difference.

- Axe throwers don't train (and presumably use?) the axe skill. I think that sort of defeats the purpose (a ranged weapon for your melee squad), especially since axe heads from cheap metals (like copper) are alot worse then crossbow bolts in combat.

- Getting blood from meat/butcher parts - I said some wrong things before. I now think that the way it works is, if you butcher a corpse, you can use the corpse parts/meat to fill blood barrels... for some time. But as the butchered parts get older, you can no longer extract blood from them. Not a bad thing neccesarily, just odd.

-Fire trees/bleeding trees - Ugh. I really hate the micromanagement of trying to cut down trees in cavern layer 2/3 while avoiding these. Bad idea IMO.

-The guardian of armok golem is extremely tough but not very deadly. I had him trying to kill off a rhesus macaque for 5 pages, and when he fought against sieges, he lived but he didn't kill much. I think he's fine, but he's a bit too hard to get.. which brings me to:

-I feel like alot of the rituals should be faster, things like meat to booze or ritual for guardian or armok, etc. Playing with FD races, I had alot to butcher, but I had a dedicated priest caste dwarf sacrificing butchered body parts for alcohol and he never managed to work through my stockpile heh. The problem is that these reactions rarely give anything, so the dwarf's skill improves very slowly, and hence you waste alot of time with these reactions. Ways to improve it is to simply give a 100% chance to produce a stone that boils away (just for skill increasing), or increasing the chance for the prayer to work (increase the items required to compensate). I still really like the idea of these things, just would balance it differently.

- Summoning creatures through the summoning workshop seems to work only about 20% of the time (I know this after much, much reloading trying to setup decoys/scarecrows). I don't really know how it works, but it seems like maybe the dwarf that sets it up is getting away from the site before the transformation fires off?

- After the first year, I never got trade caravans (so no runes/blueprints.. that was bad). I think this is due to how FD races siege right around caravan time. Not sure if there's anything you can do about this - maybe there's some way to stop them from siegeing right before caravans are supposed to arrive?

- Severe issues with blood loss for the demonbounds, but I already talked about that before.

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: August 15, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »

@richielias: do a find and replace in all creatures files, search for creature_mat:animal and replace with local creature mat. You will figure it out I hope, otherwise it will break everything ;) you will get all other named materials back this way as well though...

Exactly what I needed to know! Thanks!
Guess that means I'll also get named bones and leather as well. All or nothing and all that. I suppose I'll find out if it breaks the tanning reactions and such.

I've also modified things like giving shadowmancers and magmamancers a more 'robust' spell selection. Things like inflict pain, confusion, horrid wilting and enfeeble in place of their annoying propensity to raise hostile bundles of yak hair from the dead. And since my magmamancers kept on setting themselves on fire I turned them into buffers instead (with the ability to conjure up diamond storms).

The Shadowmancer is actually pretty darned overpowered with my spell changes... inflict pain is almost an instant knock-out (passes out from pain), horrid wilting pretty much melts a group... Oh, and power word kill which does exactly that.

I can post the raws if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:55:57 pm by richieelias »

ffgaruda

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: August 15, 2012, 08:53:36 pm »

Guys, I can't open the masterwork settings exe with wine.  :c
Does anyone know how to make the changes manually?

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:02 pm »

FYI (In case anyone missed it) Wolfram is the name for an ore of Tungsten - Wolfamite is Tungsten.

Question time: What does aether do?
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: August 15, 2012, 10:06:55 pm »

Guys, I can't open the masterwork settings exe with wine.  :c
Does anyone know how to make the changes manually?

The buttons in the gui run a search in the raws for tags and turn those off. As an example, lets take a look at orcs.

goto /MasterworkDF 1.9.4/Dwarf Fortress/raw
find the file's you would like to tweak, entity_orc.txt in this case. Normally the gui would change every single instance of YESORC[ into !NOORC!

YESORC[CREATURE:ORC] and YESORC[OBJECT:ENTITY] goes to
!NOORC!CREATURE:ORC] and !NOORC!OBJECT:ENTITY]

since the game doesn't see the [ to start the tag, the rest of the line is ignored

In the same file you will later see
!NOMORECLOTH!ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TUNIC]
!NOMORECLOTH!ITEM_GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES]
!NOMORECLOTH!ITEM_HELM:ITEM_HELM_HAUBERK]
etc.
to turn 'more cloth' on you would change that to
YESMORECLOTH[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TUNIC]
YESMORECLOTH[ITEM_GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES]
YESMORECLOTH[ITEM_HELM:ITEM_HELM_HAUBERK]

You can do a find/replace all to do this quickly, as you will have to change every instance of the tag. Most settings are all found in one single file, however there are a few that will have entries in multiple files you will have to change.

ffgaruda

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: August 16, 2012, 01:33:24 am »

The buttons in the gui run a search in the raws for tags and turn those off. As an example, lets take a look at orcs.

goto /MasterworkDF 1.9.4/Dwarf Fortress/raw
find the file's you would like to tweak, entity_orc.txt in this case. Normally the gui would change every single instance of YESORC[ into !NOORC!

YESORC[CREATURE:ORC] and YESORC[OBJECT:ENTITY] goes to
!NOORC!CREATURE:ORC] and !NOORC!OBJECT:ENTITY]

since the game doesn't see the [ to start the tag, the rest of the line is ignored

In the same file you will later see
!NOMORECLOTH!ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TUNIC]
!NOMORECLOTH!ITEM_GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES]
!NOMORECLOTH!ITEM_HELM:ITEM_HELM_HAUBERK]
etc.
to turn 'more cloth' on you would change that to
YESMORECLOTH[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TUNIC]
YESMORECLOTH[ITEM_GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES]
YESMORECLOTH[ITEM_HELM:ITEM_HELM_HAUBERK]

You can do a find/replace all to do this quickly, as you will have to change every instance of the tag. Most settings are all found in one single file, however there are a few that will have entries in multiple files you will have to change.
Thank you for replying, this helps a lot actually.
But I see there's much more work to do. But any amount of tweaking to get this working the way I want will be worth it.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: August 16, 2012, 02:19:13 am »

Thank you for replying, this helps a lot actually.
But I see there's much more work to do. But any amount of tweaking to get this working the way I want will be worth it.
I'm glad it was helpful, let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. Besides of course finishing the darn mac/linux gui ;) It's coming, Soon*

*    Now ←-------------- Very Soon -------- Soon ------Eventually ---------→ End of Time

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: August 16, 2012, 05:09:23 am »

Do unicorns breed in vanilla DF? Or does MasterWork just add a breed tag to a whole slew of animals in the game?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: August 16, 2012, 06:25:21 am »

Exactly what I needed to know! Thanks!
Guess that means I'll also get named bones and leather as well. All or nothing and all that. I suppose I'll find out if it breaks the tanning reactions and such.

Oh crap, that doesn't sounds good.  I want to adjust my raws so that leather is simplified, tons of different named leather types that are functionally identical just clogs up lists in the game.  But I like having different types of bones, since I use them with low value gems to decorate low value crafts made out of stone or clay, and one type of bone makes that more difficult since you can't decorate more than once with the same material or something.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 749