Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836471 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Html-Manual#2 (beta)
« Reply #6225 on: August 12, 2012, 09:38:50 pm »

It should be enabled in the brewery. You can also make fuel from wood, in the woodburner, or in the blast furnace, or from items you burn in the crematorium. Or order it from caravans. ;)

EDit: double checked, is enabled, is in brewery. make 3fuel from booze and oil. :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:40:31 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: August 12, 2012, 09:57:52 pm »

You have to build a brewery, then you can make coke  out of booze and oil.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: August 12, 2012, 10:17:43 pm »

Hello Meph!
First, I must say that this mod is great, keep up the good work!
I also read the manual, and I have nothing to say: it's good for me, continue like this!
I just have a question. I never encountered some of the races that are mentioned in the manual. Some don't even appear in Legends Mode or in the settings (such as the spawn of the hollistics or the "secret race"). I guess that they'll be added later, won't they?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6228 on: August 12, 2012, 10:47:29 pm »

Oh yes, the html-manual is work in progress, with many things that have nothing to do with the current mod. It is for the big, MDF2 update. I will start working on the actual new mod in about 1 month from now. Just preparing everything, like the manual, the new gui, collecting ideas for industries, bugfixes, balancing and so forth.

EDIT: Oh, and i give up on the stupid creatures. There will be two pages. One for all vanilla creatures, one for all added creatures. Otherwise it just turns out to be a giant clusterfuck and not even I can find anything in the manual-creature section. -.- Just too many, and too many categories they could be sorted by.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:57:19 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: August 12, 2012, 11:44:48 pm »

Just wanted to say: Congrats on the great mod!

I am confident in saying that this is now the "mod to get" if you are a DF enthusiast.

Yeah, a baby griffin thought my fortress would be easy prey... it didn't count on a militia commander that enjoys bisecting things with his steel great-axe.
(note to self, make more steel great-axes)

I have to say though, the way you expanded and interlinked the industries is awesome. The time it took to get my steel industry up was impressive but well worth it now that I have an inexhaustible supply of flux (bonemeal).

And golems are by far my favorite addition. It gives unskilled peasant-children some use - just chuck 'em in a adamantine swordgolem!

Good luck, and keep up the great work!

**Edit**
Disregard that, I found I can make bronze bars via Magma Blast Furnace, is k.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:46:18 am by slawr34 »
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

Mister Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: August 13, 2012, 01:57:10 am »

I'm sorry about this, but I looked around and I couldn't find any info on it (doing a search through the forum, topic, etc). I checked the (very nice) manual, but I see that's for the new version.

What I'm curious about is the Martial Arts skill. I love playing monks in video games, and seeing that in the list of skills piqued my interest; is there something special I need to do to activate a martial arts stance, or do I just run around and punch/kick people regularly?

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: August 13, 2012, 04:22:45 am »

Thank you for your quick answer.  :D Is it a way to supress them all, or is it permanent ? (I skipped 15 pages and it still continues :o )

Or, you can use the semi-bug wherein gem workshops can cut rocks as gems to cut all your essence residue into gems. Then make gemtip bolts. 25,000 of them. valued at 2500-10k per stack of 25. Or make every dwarf in your fort part of a crossbow squad, give them gem crossbow and gemtips, and when a seige arrives, blot out the sun.

I'm sorry about this, but I looked around and I couldn't find any info on it (doing a search through the forum, topic, etc). I checked the (very nice) manual, but I see that's for the new version.

What I'm curious about is the Martial Arts skill. I love playing monks in video games, and seeing that in the list of skills piqued my interest; is there something special I need to do to activate a martial arts stance, or do I just run around and punch/kick people regularly?

Dwarf Fort Mode: Any weapon>Unarmed. Give them weapons, they suck at unarmed. Martial stance is what dwarves go into when surrounded by a minimum number of enemies. They basically get temporarily improved combat stats.
Adventure Mode: Unarmed is a viable tactic, especially with ridiculously high sneak. You sneak up to people in the middle of their friends, then choke them to death...or punch them in the face a lot...break their limbs, etc. If you get into a martial stance, you fucked up by letting them surround you and you will probably die in the next 10 seconds, but the stance may let you rip your way out of trouble.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: August 13, 2012, 04:39:38 am »

The Manual looks good Meph and by the way, cool stories in the manual. :D

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: August 13, 2012, 04:41:26 am »

Dwarf Fort Mode: Any weapon>Unarmed. Give them weapons, they suck at unarmed. Martial stance is what dwarves go into when surrounded by a minimum number of enemies. They basically get temporarily improved combat stats.
Adventure Mode: Unarmed is a viable tactic, especially with ridiculously high sneak. You sneak up to people in the middle of their friends, then choke them to death...or punch them in the face a lot...break their limbs, etc. If you get into a martial stance, you fucked up by letting them surround you and you will probably die in the next 10 seconds, but the stance may let you rip your way out of trouble.

Erm, I think he means what a dorf does when they are wrestling - a martial arts stance, not a martial trance. In the combat logs it looks like this:

Urist McUrist enters the Drunken Master stance, Urist jabs the goblin in the skull, tearing the brain!

I have no idea how it happens, but it is pretty cool cause dorfs fingers turn into mini-spears.

**Edit**
Dafaq is aether?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:04:36 am by slawr34 »
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: August 13, 2012, 05:40:19 am »

Erm, I think he means what a dorf does when they are wrestling - a martial arts stance, not a martial trance. In the combat logs it looks like this:

Urist McUrist enters the Drunken Master stance, Urist jabs the goblin in the skull, tearing the brain!

I have no idea how it happens, but it is pretty cool cause dorfs fingers turn into mini-spears.

Ah, that, it's just a variant of unarmed attack. It's fun, but unarmed combat is far too unreliable in DF mode anyway to make it worthwhile:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Mister Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: August 13, 2012, 06:53:07 am »

Ohh, that's a pretty neat feature. Thanks a lot for explaining it!

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: August 13, 2012, 09:25:03 am »

ahahaha. :D i imagin the szene from ShadowLop, the dwarf touches the goblin finger so long till the goblin freaks out and hit the dwarf in the face. :o funny. ;D

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: August 13, 2012, 10:06:55 am »

here you go Meph, Looking over the Manual.

Utilities - Bugreports missing space
DFHack - Utilite = Utility
If you want to disable DF Hack, simply find and delete SDL.dll and rename SDLreal.dll to SDL.dll as its replacement in your DF directory.

Stonesense - is "an" isometric

Perfect World - Savaregy - Savagery

Settings: Quicklinks don't work, probably not finished yet - just ignore this if so

Embark Profiles- Easy start build - Quicly = Quickly

Sandbox - make doubly sure to note that this profile only works with the adv world gen sandbox. can totally see tons of people reporting "this doesn't work!!11!!

Races

Dwarf = you grant civilization . Your great civilization? / industrious underground Dweller , Dwellers?

Elves - Cannibalistic? really? didn't know elves eat each other.

Drow -  Matriach = matriarch

Greenskins - Trolls = Strong enough to Break down Doors and Raze buildings

Terracotta Army - their long dead master, never telling them to stop. - probably needs to be reworded, or never = unable to tell them to stop =)

Underground crops - Muck root can be made into sugar / syurp?
and Crop related, what is Grow Duration 600 really mean? - that's a personal question that might crop up (pun intended)

inorganic materials - aha! , Tears of armok: now i see where most of the questions come from, Aquifer. Can be used to generate unlimited water in the transmutation chamber. how about - Unmined it counts as an Aquafier, when mined can produce buckets of water in the Transmutation chamber.

Tables - Plump helmets make oil now?

known bugs Workshop is reaction is red! - in addition to the burrowing thing. make sure their on the same Z level for some things

tips and tricks few things i'd like to add,
Watch towers, build them 1 z-level above and use windows (block arrows but not line of sight) pen an animal behind the window and it will spot ambushes that come near it - funneling with walls also helps- remember to put celings on them to prevent flying enemies from killing your trapped spotter

Dwarven Jaccuzi's - and "auto bath's" , exceedingly usefull for hospitals , Entranceways. and entrances to off mainsite dormitories- channel a path in your normal path and designate it as a pond and fill it up to 3/7 with water. dwarves will automatically walk through 3/7 without hinderance and come out squeaky clean - removing any various "funk" or forgotten beast blood / ichor / acids ect. greatly increases dwarven survivability in the hospital from infection as well - speaking of wells . having one in the hospital works wonders too i generally find a tear of armok then build a hopsital ontop of it =)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:08:35 am by Fairin »

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #6238 on: August 13, 2012, 11:46:26 am »

Would it be possible to add a new option to Masterwork launcher 'Default Back to Vanilla' that would automatically turn off all extra stuff and turn the game into Vanila?

Because I like Masterwork for simplified items, creatures, etc. but all the extra sh...stuff just makes the game confusing and weird.
All I want is to have a simplified vanilla game with extra optimizations and I'm not the only one about it.
I know at least a doze people who stopped using Masterwork because it turned into something much more cluttered.

If there was an easy way to turn current Masterwork into what Masterwork originally was then me and many others would most likely to go back to using it instead of LNP.

EDIT: Because Masterwork is great for improving general speed and usability of the game.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: August 13, 2012, 11:56:46 am »

Would it be possible to add a new option to Masterwork launcher 'Default Back to Vanilla' that would automatically turn off all extra stuff and turn the game into Vanila?

Because I like Masterwork for simplified items, creatures, etc. but all the extra sh...stuff just makes the game confusing and weird.
All I want is to have a simplified vanilla game with extra optimizations and I'm not the only one about it.
I know at least a doze people who stopped using Masterwork because it turned into something much more cluttered.

If there was an easy way to turn current Masterwork into what Masterwork originally was then me and many others would most likely to go back to using it instead of LNP.

EDIT: Because Masterwork is great for improving general speed and usability of the game.

next version is planned to attempt to do just that -.- probably the 3rd most asked question ;) it will come...
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 749