Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836532 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Html-Manual#2 (beta)
« Reply #6210 on: August 12, 2012, 03:00:11 pm »

Oh yes, traing spears do have actual points. Points made of wood.  :P

Ever considered using the planechase art for the planes in question? I am 90% sure Serra and Urborg had illustrations that were not M11 lands. I could be wrong though. Also, I don;t think anyone will have an issue if you put an "Art credits" section in the back. I have been told I have a good eye for art, so if you send me a description of what you want, I can forage around for some pictures for you.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: August 12, 2012, 03:04:24 pm »

Hello. I had a curious issue with the Creature Research Lab. Usually I drop some aether skill fracture from beasts that I use in the legendary bonus. If I remember correctly there was nothing that remained in the CRL after the process (not really sure of that). But today I killed a megabeast, earned and taught a legendary bonus (as usual), and with a slight fall of FPS noticed a shitload of "essence residue" (endless pages) in both of my CRL, automatically set on "clean essence". I assumed it was for removing all of them, given that the reaction would have generated nothing, and that I already won the legendary bonus. But I was wrong since my dwarfs ultimately cancelled the task, - "needing 1000 essence residue". I tried to autodump/destroy all the residue but gave up after 3x600 autodumped ones (and still pages and pages of said material in both of the CRL), my dwarfs storing them all in my stone stockpiles. Is this normal or not ?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:06:29 pm by MightyDorf »

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: August 12, 2012, 03:07:54 pm »

Hello. I had a curious issue with the Creature Research Lab. Usually I drop some aether skill fracture from beasts that I use in the legendary bonus. If I remember correctly there was nothing that remained in the CRL after the process (not really sure of that). But today I killed a megabeast, earned and taught a legendary bonus (as usual), and with a slight fall of FPS noticed a shitload of "essence residue" (endless pages) in both of my CRL, automatically set on "clean essence". I assumed it was for removing all of them, given that the reaction would have generated nothing, and that I already won the legendary bonus. But I was wrong since my dwarfs ultimately cancelled the task, - "needing 1000 essence residue". I tried to autodump/destroy all the residue but gave up after 3x600 autodumped ones (and still pages and pages of said material in both of the CRL), my dwarfs storing them all in my stone stockpiles. Is this normal or not ?

Sadly normal, it's a known bug.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: August 12, 2012, 03:19:32 pm »

Thank you for your quick answer.  :D Is it a way to supress them all, or is it permanent ? (I skipped 15 pages and it still continues :o )

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6214 on: August 12, 2012, 03:30:20 pm »

I think it would be best to auto-delete them with dfhack. The problem is this:1000 residue is created, and should be cleaned, but some dwarf desides to stockpile ONE piece, and suddenly there is onyl 999 left, and the reaction cant clean it up, because it needs 1000. I know how to fix it, but I am not modding at the moment, just preparing for the time I am home, and start modding again. On a real computer, not a netbook.  To prevent all this, do it in a locked room.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: August 12, 2012, 03:48:24 pm »

Thank you for your explanation and advices ! I'll try ASAP. By the way you made an amazing work, I'm rather new to DF (some months of intense practice), and the more I play the funnier it gets. Keep up the good work. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6216 on: August 12, 2012, 04:12:54 pm »

No worries. Because of things like this and the overall size of the mod I want to redo it anyway. That is the reason for the massive manual-campaign I start here, so that people dont have to come to the forum all the time, to ask or report stuff.

I still like feedback about balancing, but this is difficult, because the people can alter the mod so much ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: August 12, 2012, 04:32:39 pm »

The balancing dies the moment you have your own personal Darkhawk :D

For everyone who does not know what i mean, look at the MW Succession game and remember: Legion dwarfs are badass :)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: August 12, 2012, 04:42:24 pm »

They really are, in my personal fort I have a legion dwarf who I just drafted, she migrated with no weapon skills and has terrible physical stats, despite that she has fought in 3-4 skirmishes, picked up 4 kills, and not taken a single hit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6219 on: August 12, 2012, 05:25:33 pm »

Well, I already plan to trim down Legion dwarves boni. And before you say anything: I want to add a new building. The Legionnaires Guildhouse or something. I just explain that the dwarves of the legion leave normal society and dont do any labor, dont become mages, refuse to become golems, and so forth. And they get skill-learn-rate for all non-combat skills: 0%. As in: Can only learn combat skills. I think it will be fun. :) I always wondered why you cant make a professional, standing army in DF.

Edit: I think I'll add a ton of screenshots, nicely cropped to the manual. Just to lighten it up a bit, and use them as images, decoration so to speak. That fits the tone of the game, and doesnt look like WoW ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:31:37 pm by Meph »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: August 12, 2012, 05:27:58 pm »

Mostly because the average life time of a dwarfen soldier in a battle is about 10 seconds? :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6221 on: August 12, 2012, 06:22:22 pm »

Maybe.

I added pictures for the 6 world-gens, texts for all industries, added leatherworking as an industry, filled out the table about dwarven castes will all infos, added some infos to the spoiler section, added a spoiler for "curious underground structures", tried some things with the font, maybe it works now (cant test it myself) fixed the link to the wiki in "tips and tricks", wrote more text in general changes, added 6 optional ascii tilesets... and thats it. I should really do some work on the creatures and buildings, since there is a ton of content missing there, but I dont want to, because most of these infos might change when I start modding again.

Should write a section about cavern flavor...

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: August 12, 2012, 06:36:46 pm »

couple of reports:

Got my first masterwork siege. Single squad of white tigerman touting steel greataxes. They had a war elephant for all of about five seconds before one of my hunters called dibs and sliced open it's jugular with a throwing javelin. I lost a swordsdwarf who decided that running straight into the thick of the tigermen with a bronze sword and no armor or backup was just a fan-fucking-tastic idea, a stray mastiff, and a brass hammergolem that had been at my fort for no longer than a month. They lost their leader and around seven axetigers, as well as three caged axetigers. Around three got away **just barely**.

I've been experimenting with the idea of a normal squad and a heavy squad, and put that into practice during the siege. It worked surprisingly well, My heavy squad worked as aggro while my normal squad picked off the remaining tigers.

I'm slowly building a rifle-squad using the born archers that show up at my fort, I would love to know how to make blowgunning a more common skill.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6223 on: August 12, 2012, 07:40:39 pm »

You can give them rifles and ammo, and an archery range and they will train with it. Or build a library of warfare and let them read books about it. Thats about the only way, other then equipping hunters with rifles.

Mh... I am a bit lost on an issue about categorizing creatures. DF sorts them after biome. Tundra, temperate, river, ocean, and so forth... I wanted at first to do: mammal, reptile, bird, fish, insect and so forth... unsure which one to take.

EDIT: I decided upon this:

::: Domestic ::: Birds ::: River&Lakes ::: Ocean ::: Bugs :::

::: Desert ::: Mountain ::: Temperate ::: Tundra ::: Tropical :::

::: Fantastic ::: Semi-Megabeasts ::: Megabeats ::: Vermin :::

::: 1st Cavern ::: 2nd Cavern ::: 3rd Cavern ::: Magma Lake ::: Below Magma Lake :::
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:37:10 pm by Meph »

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #6224 on: August 12, 2012, 09:31:55 pm »

Hi all,

Been dying of getting back in DF with this great mod, but last time I did I hadn't noticed that making fuel with booze had been disabled. Something that is a huge problem for me, for i seem to have the skill to pick starting areas that have abosutely no ore that can generate coke/fuel. So this used to be a great life saver.

Is there a way to turn it back on myself? I'm comfortable with editing files, would just need to know which file to edit and what to tweak.

I'd kill to have an option that forces you to find a embark zone with somekind of ore that can be used to make fuel. So sad to build a huge fortress just to realize... no fuel. (I now used DFhack to check, but still.)

Thanks, :)
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 749