Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836705 times)

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - HTML-MANUAL (Alpha)
« Reply #6135 on: August 09, 2012, 02:17:24 am »

My armory has said to me, that it can attach armorplates to the boots. I guess this problem has been fixed?

Or it still there, and my dwarf wouldn't be able to wear these nice steel plateboots?
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: August 09, 2012, 02:26:05 am »

Now, I may be stupid, but the mod comes in a rar fil. What exactly do I *do* with it?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: August 09, 2012, 04:17:00 am »

Now, I may be stupid, but the mod comes in a rar fil. What exactly do I *do* with it?

Un-rar.  :o

Seriously, a rar is a variant on the zip and 7z archives, and functions similarly. You simply download winrar or 7-zip, and unpack (un-rar, unzip) the file, which should yield a folder with masterfully designed contents which menaces with spikes of awesome.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: August 09, 2012, 04:37:23 am »

*facepalm* Derp. It's 3 am, If that explains why I missed that.

EDIT: I read (Cook sugar into candy) as (Cook sugar into adamantine).

EDit AGAIN: Holy black ops batman, that dwarf has a ballistic knife!
I have been up waaaaay too late.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:52:13 am by Wrex »

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: August 09, 2012, 04:37:56 am »

@firons2: what in armoks name have you done, and why ?
Eh... Um... It was a single bonfire... THEN THE BONFIRE NATION ATTACKED! 1 died instantly 4 burned to their deaths...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6140 on: August 09, 2012, 08:46:18 am »

Ah, bonfires ^^

About the boots: Boots and Gauntlets are still created without handedness. This means you will not get one "left boot" and one "right boot", but 2 "boots" Curious enough, dwarves still wear them, no problem. Even more curious, dwarves WONT wear 2 "gloves" without the left/right. I have no idea why this is, a vanilla bug, one of oh-so-many that make modding a bit special...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: August 09, 2012, 09:12:05 am »

I used to get some good icons off of AllUserPics for my website (back in the day).

Giving it a quick once over; it looks like they still have animal and nature sections.

Off topic: what's the best thing you got to eat on Route 66 Meph?

Edit: Hehe, Tower Cap.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:23:48 am by YuriRuler90 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: August 09, 2012, 09:17:14 am »

Wow, that keyword really gives a ton of resutlts, but unfortunatly no 64pixel icons... I do make some myself, but mosly pixel pushing and recoloring of existing stuff. mirroring, blur tool and so on. I dont want to spend too much time on the icons to be honest, the content is more important for now.

Using copyright free stuff is the best way and no they are not going to be ready made 64x64 icons. If you want pictures someone will have to do it and it will take much time.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6143 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:58 am »

I do have about 10.000 fantasy themed 64x icons/symbols laying around. I can do most of everything with those, including all the plants, with the exception of trees. Normal, above ground trees. I currently just made 1 "tree-icon" that looks like a tree and is used on all of them. But I dont have the different types.

Offtopic: Best thing was a free 30 dollar steak with mushrooms, gravy, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and salad. Or peanutbutter-chocolate pancakes. I also like country skillet as breakfast. I burn 6000-10000 calories a day, I have to eat a lot. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:22 am »

Offtopic: Best thing was a free 30 dollar steak with mushrooms, gravy, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and salad. Or peanutbutter-chocolate pancakes. I also like country skillet as breakfast. I burn 6000-10000 calories a day, I have to eat a lot. ;)

Hehe, I feel you. When I was in the Corps we would get our forced march done (15 mi/24km jogging with an 80lb pack + armor) and ravenously descend upon the closest buffet that was off post. We'd get weird looks after the 4th or 5th plate of food (most of us were about 160-170lbs).

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: August 09, 2012, 12:15:34 pm »

Hello there. I have an odd issue with the runic system. I wanted to put 5 gold runes on the masterful steel zweihander of Shedim, one of the badassest dwarf of my current fort, but because of my unskilled weaponsmiths (the legendary one died) I created "normal" runes : and surprise, my masterful zweihander became a "normal" steel runic zweihander, aka an entirely new weapon (I'm not sure of this at all : does the initial properties of the weapon survive through the "runification" process ?), that Shedim refuse to grab. I guess that's because he "grew attached" to the masterful one, and can't recognize the runic one, despite of all my attempts in the equip screen. Is it a way to equip him with it ?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: August 09, 2012, 12:48:59 pm »

Hello there. I have an odd issue with the runic system. I wanted to put 5 gold runes on the masterful steel zweihander of Shedim, one of the badassest dwarf of my current fort, but because of my unskilled weaponsmiths (the legendary one died) I created "normal" runes : and surprise, my masterful zweihander became a "normal" steel runic zweihander, aka an entirely new weapon (I'm not sure of this at all : does the initial properties of the weapon survive through the "runification" process ?), that Shedim refuse to grab. I guess that's because he "grew attached" to the masterful one, and can't recognize the runic one, despite of all my attempts in the equip screen. Is it a way to equip him with it ?
You need to change the weapon type in the military equip screen from zweihander to runic zweihander (foreign). Or at least that's what I had to do when I upgraded, if that doesn't work then I am not sure. Try turning off runic zweihanders at your weapon stockpiles and that should make sure there isn't a hauler coming to pick it up. I assume the runic zweihander is an entirely new item so doesn't carry over the masterful damage bonus etc from the ordinary steel weapon but that's a guess.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: August 09, 2012, 01:16:11 pm »

That's right, it's not a "zweihander" any more so you have to use "runic zweihander (foreign)" type.
Alternatively, you can use the Specific Weapon selection on the equip screen.

Yes, unfortunately it's true that it's a new item so a scrub blacksmith can mess it up.  Often it works in your favor though, that is, the blacksmith is *more* skilled by the time you have runes, and so he upgrades the quality.

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: August 09, 2012, 01:52:46 pm »

Thank you very much guys, I didn't see the proper tag in the list. :) By the way I read this in the masterwork weapon guide : "All runic weapons have 2 special attacks that hit very hard. All upgraded weapons have a describing adjective, runic,  so you can keep them apart. All skills stay the same." The question is : is there a cumul of the "masterful damages" bonus (allowed by the craftdwarfship quality) with the 2 badass attacks of the runic upgrade ? I should say so given that the runic stuff can be "finely-crafted", and so on. In fact it seems that the craftsdwarfship quality of the rune-weapon depends only of the rune's quality used to its upgrade - and not of the initial, craftsdwarfship quality of the said weapon. Or there is a sort of "harmonization" of these two features. I dunno.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:59:19 pm by MightyDorf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6149 on: August 09, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »

The quality of the runic weapon depends on the skill of the weaponsmith that makes the runic upgrade. The quality of both the runes and the previous weapon isnt relevant. The "special" attacks are pretty much maxed out normal attacks, so they get the bonus from masterwork quality (remember, all other qualitiy modifiers are ignored, a normal sword makes the same damage as a superior one, or a exeptional) or being artefacts.

[ATTACK:EDGE:90000:900000:strike:strikes:wave of energy released from the runes:15000]
[ATTACK:EDGE:90000:900000:hit:hits:pure runic energy:15000]

These attacks should sever limbs or cut the body in two, but it of course depends on tons of stuff, mostly the material of the weapon.

EDIT: Some little stuff done on the manual. Spoiler section with working spoilers is build in. Padded armor/clothing is in. Still no idea where I will put instruments and toys/tools. I dont want to make another tab for this stuff, since it is not that important... cant remember any questions about these, except: Were is this and this stockpiled...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:23:57 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 749