Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836772 times)

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - NEW POLL / Orc Plugin
« Reply #6075 on: August 05, 2012, 01:12:16 pm »

My fort just failed because of something stupid... No fish in the caverns, they refused to hunt (WTF) i had bolts and crossbows but nope nope nope (Damn vegan dwarves), then one guy refused to eat or drink until he starved to death (planting a colony of bees is worth your life nowadays), they didnt want to use the bridge (WTF) had to make a ramp... That about sums up the failtrain.

You will eventually run out of fish and animals anyway so you might as well take up farming.
I couldnt get to the planting stuff in time

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6076 on: August 05, 2012, 01:26:27 pm »

Sorry Ishar. It is another one of those dwarf chocolate/wizards tower special curses/mages, that are probably all horribly unbalanced. No way dfhack can help ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: August 05, 2012, 01:56:07 pm »

Meph, just had a caravan pop into my fortress while on fire again.

Using DFHack, I splashed water all over the caravan and depot. Where before there was 1 unit of Magma in a bag, there is now 1 unit of Brimstone.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: August 05, 2012, 01:58:02 pm »

Why can i cut stone at the jewelers workshop? and how can i remove that option?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: August 05, 2012, 02:16:53 pm »

Why can i cut stone at the jewelers workshop? and how can i remove that option?

It's a vanilla feature, not Masterwork.  Not sure that there is anything to remove it.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: August 05, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »

It's not exactly a 'fair' solution, but I have something for low FPS, even if it's a pact with the devil: DFhack's 'fastdwarf' command. It made the game playable for me, with as low as 7 fps. Sure, in the long run, it's obviously a cheat, but for me, it fixed the problem: my problem was a shitton of antmen in the second cavern. I used fastdwarf to build fortifications and a drawbridge, two thing that would've taken forever at that framerate. Then I breached the cavern, killed the antmen, and my fps came back up, close to normal.

I know this is a bit offtopic, but it may be a temporary solution to a lot of... erm... 'features', such as essence residue, undergroud constructions with thousands of zombies, things like that. I know there's autodump as well, but fastdwarf seems like a versatile solution, so I thought I'd share.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: August 05, 2012, 04:55:50 pm »

I just had a longname guy die.
"Iden Besmaretag Bunsothtat Kulin, Speardwarf has been found dead".

EDIT: No sooner than I posted that I think I figured out what caused it.
"The Speardwarf is caught in a cloud of acid cloud!"

After that, he lost grasp, sight, ability to stand, and couldn't breathe.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: August 05, 2012, 05:02:13 pm »

Does Millet and Rye only grow in specific biomes? I brought some for an above ground fort ,but there's no option to grow it.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: August 05, 2012, 05:14:32 pm »

re: Millet and Rye:  yes, both [BIOME:GRASSLAND_TEMPERATE]

@Rabblerouser:  was your speardwarf perhaps fighting a warlock; or in an evil biome that rains warlock blood?(if the latter is even possible)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:17:30 pm by smakemupagus »

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: August 05, 2012, 05:26:49 pm »

re: Millet and Rye:  yes, both [BIOME:GRASSLAND_TEMPERATE]

@Rabblerouser:  was your speardwarf perhaps fighting a warlock; or in an evil biome that rains warlock blood?(if the latter is even possible)
He was fighting a Corrupted Spellcaster Saboteur" or something like that.

It's not exactly a 'fair' solution, but I have something for low FPS, even if it's a pact with the devil: DFhack's 'fastdwarf' command. It made the game playable for me, with as low as 7 fps. Sure, in the long run, it's obviously a cheat, but for me, it fixed the problem: my problem was a shitton of antmen in the second cavern. I used fastdwarf to build fortifications and a drawbridge, two thing that would've taken forever at that framerate. Then I breached the cavern, killed the antmen, and my fps came back up, close to normal.

I know this is a bit offtopic, but it may be a temporary solution to a lot of... erm... 'features', such as essence residue, undergroud constructions with thousands of zombies, things like that. I know there's autodump as well, but fastdwarf seems like a versatile solution, so I thought I'd share.
Trouble with fastdwarf is well.. I find it turbocharges food production (fish especially) and you'll have a TON of fish in your food stockpile.
That and it seems a bit cheaty when it comes to combat, as they can move faster than their opponent.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: August 05, 2012, 05:35:16 pm »

Yep, that's the caste of Warlock that has an acid cloud attack spell.

[CASTE:ACID]
      [DESCRIPTION:A warlock which has learned the secret of flesh-boiling acid.]
      [CASTE_NAME:corrupted spellcaster:corrupted spellcasters:corrupted spellcaster]

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: August 05, 2012, 05:48:57 pm »

Wizard fortress is best balanced against warlocks. It's too bad !FUN! you're just dwarves.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: August 05, 2012, 07:03:13 pm »

My cage traps capture merchant horses and golems. Pretty sure they don't in vanilla. Am I missing something?

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: August 05, 2012, 07:05:39 pm »

There are no plump helmets...

Is that normal?
I need to put something interesting here.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: August 05, 2012, 07:16:47 pm »

Update on the cage trapping merchants: it caught an iron horse they had with them, the merchants disappeared (I just got a "the merchants will be leaving soon" message, but they aren't in the unit list). I pastured the iron horse to try and release it, but now it is "crawling around crazed" :(

/edit I unpastured the horse, and it slowly crawled off out of my fort, on the way out it didn't trigger my cage traps.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:19:08 pm by billw »
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 749