Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836774 times)

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - NEW POLL / Orc Plugin
« Reply #6060 on: August 05, 2012, 03:30:46 am »

How am i supposed to get the ice underground...

Cave-in, or simply mine it, it sometimes leaves an ice boulder.

I smell failure...

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: August 05, 2012, 03:45:04 am »

Why? He is entirely accurate, mining ice leaves ice boulders, at least in vanilla DF it does.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: August 05, 2012, 04:17:57 am »

Why? He is entirely accurate, mining ice leaves ice boulders, at least in vanilla DF it does.
Failure on my part

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: August 05, 2012, 04:53:00 am »

Well about the blast furnace. Judging from the wikipedia article the blast furnace was designed for smelting pig iron and not much else. So what you could do would be to triple the input and output of the blast furnace, but restrict it to making pig iron from iron ore, and use the smelter (or bloomery if you go into detail) for the other metals.
Or you could also change it to a steel mill which basically rolls all of the processes in making steel into one, simplifying the process.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: August 05, 2012, 05:06:55 am »

Steel Mill actually sounds good to me, currently it is something like a 3 or 4 step process for steel, if I can do it in one reaction, even if that doesn't save me any materials, I would be quite pleased.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: August 05, 2012, 05:34:14 am »

I'm having a very persistent problem with the transformed dwarves - specifically demonbounds, but also probably stonebound (I have alot more demonbound then stone) - they keep dying to blood loss. Some just get "pale" from blood loss, others die, pretty randomly. Without getting hit by anything.

I think it has something to do with their special abilities, since this only happens in battle (and immediately afterwards), but I've checked the reports and it is not related to actually getting hit by anything (except each other's spells maybe? can that happen?).

Is there a way to maybe switch off their special abilities, see if that fixes it?

Edit: looks like their body parts are melting heh

If they have fire magic, I would like to bring up a potential cause:

Way back when I was playing Adventure in Masterwork, I found a tablet of fire.
Thinking "Fuck yeah! Fire!", I immediately fond a suitable target and launched a fire attack at it (Forget which one by now).
The target was engulfed in fire and died quickly.
Problem is, I also got engulfed in fire, even though I stepped away from the attack direction as soon as I cast the spell, running at over 900 speed.
Doesn't really make much sense for your own fire attack to melt yourself. Might be possible they're setting themselves on fire with that spell?
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: August 05, 2012, 05:59:29 am »

Is a bonfire any usefull?

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: August 05, 2012, 06:29:25 am »

It can light grass on fire when built, and also to burn corpses (prevents reanimating)
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: August 05, 2012, 10:02:37 am »

bon fire melts water near it / over it doesn't it? i swore i read something somewhere about that, probably in LFR.

if you really. bloody need water and all of it is frozen its far easier to just bloody dig down to the caverns , you dont have to really deal with the monsters and what not (unless they fly hehe) park a well above the water there z levels don't matter. just makes it take longer.

and really anything can climb up that well. but if you need water to save your beloved dwarves its worth the !!FUN!!

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: August 05, 2012, 10:33:03 am »

My fort just failed because of something stupid... No fish in the caverns, they refused to hunt (WTF) i had bolts and crossbows but nope nope nope (Damn vegan dwarves), then one guy refused to eat or drink until he starved to death (planting a colony of bees is worth your life nowadays), they didnt want to use the bridge (WTF) had to make a ramp... That about sums up the failtrain.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: August 05, 2012, 11:49:47 am »

My fort just failed because of something stupid... No fish in the caverns, they refused to hunt (WTF) i had bolts and crossbows but nope nope nope (Damn vegan dwarves), then one guy refused to eat or drink until he starved to death (planting a colony of bees is worth your life nowadays), they didnt want to use the bridge (WTF) had to make a ramp... That about sums up the failtrain.

You will eventually run out of fish and animals anyway so you might as well take up farming.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: August 05, 2012, 12:13:57 pm »

I don't think the 'chosen one' creture can be killed. I tried to throw my whole military at it, at they just went up in flames. Kind of annoying.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: August 05, 2012, 12:38:35 pm »

I don't think the 'chosen one' creture can be killed. I tried to throw my whole military at it, at they just went up in flames. Kind of annoying.

Isnt there fireproof equipment?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: August 05, 2012, 12:53:34 pm »

Regarding poll #2, i vote for re-doing Tech research as something other than "heads you win, tails you die", but I don't feel strongly about whether it gets merged with the other workshop

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: August 05, 2012, 01:05:35 pm »

Isnt there fireproof equipment?

That doesn't help, the chosen one transforms every enemy into a 'dying slag', which melts almost immediately. Sure, all that fancy volcanic armor remains on the floor after the 'fight', but that's not exactly helping much.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 749