Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836816 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - NEW POLL / Orc Plugin
« Reply #6015 on: August 02, 2012, 03:43:21 am »

I second the call for lead.
I also really dig this concept of multiple layers for hell, if that is what I am reading correctly, currently I do my damnedest(heh) to avoid it as I don't want to deal with unlimited demons forever, but waves of increasing difficulty as you get deeper? I could get behind that.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: August 02, 2012, 07:00:00 am »

I've just avoided Hell so far in Masterwork as there's enough challenge from everything else really.

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: August 02, 2012, 09:30:50 am »

Making new races is probably too much work for not enough interest, but I do think some of the ideas for those races were good enough that they could be great to add to the dwarves in some way. Specifically

Trading posts - exchanging stuff for coins and vice versa (with different trading posts for different races)

The idea of getting alot more out of dead enemies through the Drow-like stuff - as part of the church of dark depths and so on.

More with books - getting better skillbooks, maybe as high value trade books, or for rituals.

My own playing has sort of suffered recently, but once I get done with some rather important RL stuff (writing my thesis heh), I'll try to break into hell and see if I like it heh.

One thing that severely annoyed me recently - the exploding trees and the bleeding trees. Just makes wood chopping in the lvl 2/3 caverns a pain in the ass. I think if you want to make it more dangerous to open these caverns, you can add even more dangerous creatures. These trees though, are just annoying - you have to go through and do the tree chopping on by one.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:33:59 am by ioi101 »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:23 pm »

I haven't been following this for a while.

I looked in the guide and searched 'ward' in the thread, but I couldn't find anything that really explained it.

What are wards exactly, and how do they work? Thanks in advance.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: August 02, 2012, 02:42:01 pm »

I just breached hell in my last game to end my fort. ~25 8-11 Skill level Dwarves waited for the demons. They took out ~70 of 100, only cladded in mediocre quality steel. Think with Welded Mithril, more training or crossbowsquads i could have handled it.

An idead that crossed my mind after you talked about adding time to reactions - would it be possible to "breed", as in, trade/spawn/embark with an animal, butcher grown up version, loot item, item allows to get different animal, and so on.

Jikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.monkeydonkey.info
« Reply #6020 on: August 03, 2012, 10:57:49 am »

I am having trouble finding this info but I saw it mentioned that the Tears of Armok can be used to create aquifer. How would you do that? I know of the Transmutation reaction to make the barrel of stuff but can't figure out the other use (if there is even one)

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: August 03, 2012, 12:06:48 pm »

I am having trouble finding this info but I saw it mentioned that the Tears of Armok can be used to create aquifer. How would you do that? I know of the Transmutation reaction to make the barrel of stuff but can't figure out the other use (if there is even one)
They mean that tears of Armok are 1x1 tile aquifers.  Just dig out next to them and release the flood.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: August 03, 2012, 12:48:48 pm »

er ... i'll suggest digging 1 zlevel over the gem and channeling down around it - not ontop of it. digging in from the side will quite literately unleash the flood =)

.  .  .
. A H====~ 
.  .  .

for diagram in its beauty.
periods for stone above gem
A = armok tears, 1 zlevel down
H = channel
= = path to channel

i call them my "get well free cards" er gems... yeah.. =)

@meph . so about those Feline Dragon races...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:53:48 pm by Fairin »

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: August 03, 2012, 03:02:55 pm »

I tried to find an answer to this but couldn't: How can I completely disable guns? I like a lot of the ideas in this mod that I have read about, having guns in ruins it for me (not very "fantasy" like). I saw you can disable the gunsmith but will that stop trade caravans bringing guns or other races using them?

/edit

Ah I looked at the settings again and it says at the top "All changes also remove the respective materials items and reactions". I will assume this means if I disable Gunsmith I disable guns completely and remove them from the world. Please tell me if I am wrong!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:05:18 pm by billw »

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: August 03, 2012, 03:12:55 pm »

Hey guys, new question, thanks for the help before.

I've got a Baron who loves large gems. Is there any way to make them besides cutting gems and crossing my fingers? They seem pretty infrequent that way. I see you can cut large gems into two small ones, any way to reverse it?

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: August 03, 2012, 03:16:11 pm »

How do I add DFHack to the exclude list?  I think it's causing the game to crash during standard worldgen.

DwarvenBuffet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: August 03, 2012, 03:33:53 pm »

How do I add DFHack to the exclude list?  I think it's causing the game to crash during standard worldgen.
You can't, It's integrated into the .dlls and .exe. The exclude list just prevents a utility from showing in the list (like pieces of the soundsense engine). DFHack most likly isn't the problem, try disabling illithids and see where that gets you. They used to cause worldgen issues.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: August 03, 2012, 03:36:10 pm »

If you have them enabled, try to disable illithids, that helps with most crashes during world gen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6028 on: August 03, 2012, 04:40:02 pm »

I tried to find an answer to this but couldn't: How can I completely disable guns? I like a lot of the ideas in this mod that I have read about, having guns in ruins it for me (not very "fantasy" like). I saw you can disable the gunsmith but will that stop trade caravans bringing guns or other races using them?
Sorry, but you will still be able to order them from humans,and humans will still be armed with them.

@fairin: Crafty. ;)

@orb: Wards immunize sick dwarves against plagues, and can unveil/heal possessed dwarves. The ones that might howl at the moon, or paint pentagrams. ;)

Also, something important: Here is an early alpha of the manual. I would really appreciate some feedback. I also have one question: I do use the custom masterwork font in it, but of course I do have it installed on my PC. But you guys dont... so how is the html and font portrait on your PC ? Does it show a standard font, or an error message ? And if the font doesnt work (what I expect) does anyone know how I can add it to the repository of the manual, so that it is read out automatically ?

Here the download link: Manual Download
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: August 03, 2012, 04:54:28 pm »

Tempted to start a DF livestream.
Trying to work out some kinks, though.

EDIT: Link in my sig if you want to listen in.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:00:09 pm by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 749