Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836892 times)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - NEW POLL / Orc Plugin
« Reply #6000 on: August 01, 2012, 11:17:42 am »

Is anybody else having trouble making bullet turrets? My dwarves take the turret assembly kit to the spawn location, a gas comes off (the gas is called bullet turret) but then nothing. No bullet turret is spawned.
Am I doing something wrong? I only made 1 change to the raws themselves and that was to change wooden training spears to be safe for danger rooms again (hehe).

EDIT: This time the dwarf did transform into "dwarf busy setting up a creature" however still no bullet turret was spawned. I'm beginning to run out of clockwork parts.

Just thought I'd mention at the end of this that I love the mod. I got a demonic katana (!!!) by sacrificing weapons to armok. How cool is that?

EDIT2: my last clockwork parts successfully made a bullet turret! Hooray!

I noticed the same with landmines - it seems like the spawning reactions are buggy as hell, but that's not new. It's better to order from trade caravans for now I suppose.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

KingFerret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: August 01, 2012, 11:31:08 am »

Ah ok thanks for the info :)

gwathlobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: August 01, 2012, 11:46:32 am »

Seems I've found a bug. The line in the BOIL_LEATHER reaction should be like this:
[PRODUCT:50:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:oil:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:oil container]
It had "liquid" instead of "oil".

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: August 01, 2012, 03:34:38 pm »

Are the reanimated from the Dance of the Dead supposed to be friendly or aggro?  (either way, awesome, by the way)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6004 on: August 01, 2012, 03:44:05 pm »

They should be friendly, but will still scare civilians as far as I know.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: August 01, 2012, 03:57:42 pm »

Shit, another balancing/story report.

I thought in year five, it was due time to breach a cavern. Me being a careful player, I stationed all of my military near the single one block-wide breach my miners made, and advanced slowly. It should be noted that all my military wore full steel armor, volcanic edged-, and slade blunt weapons, all of them were at least overall proficient warriors, some of them waaay above that, led by the dude from one of my previous posts (who killed the serpent men at the bridge single-handedly), 18 dwarfs in total: that army routinely beats back orc sieges on an open field by now. No ranged units were there, I had a feeling they may get hurt.
I came across four (as in 4) batmen. Of course with a military like that, I thought that would be a piece of cake. Oh boy. They fucking tore my military apart - sure, I won in the end, but more than half of my soldiers were seriously wounded, a couple of them killed, including my grand master swordsman. The batmen only had iron melee weapons, nothing else, and again, it was 18 vs 4. The only other notable thing is, they killed a forgotten beast beforehand, I guess they can get exp or something, too?

I know: They are vengeance. They are the night. They. Are. Batmen! But still. This might be unintentional.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: August 01, 2012, 04:21:43 pm »

They should be friendly, but will still scare civilians as far as I know.

Then I have a bug report for you :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6007 on: August 01, 2012, 05:30:55 pm »

They should be friendly hostile, but will still scare civilians as far as I know.

Then I have a bug report for you :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fixed that for you :P

@ishar: Ehm... thats weird, because the batmen are the original vanilla DF batmen, just with weapons.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: August 01, 2012, 08:43:47 pm »

So after a terrible run of luck with two forts (one underwent rape-by-brush titan, the other was flooded by a well-gone-awry), So I decided to gen a new, fifty year old world, and holy shit the rng hath smiled upon me.

I set up a few basic industries, smith up some picks, and dig down a few levels and immediately strike meteor. I now have over ~60 blocks of meteor, only about ten of which that has been smelted into meteoric bars. My military swells to an axedwarf (He's killed ten grey langurs and an orcish thief) and a swordsdwarf (No hand, it got cut off by the orcish thief, i'll get to it later), with three war dogs. In the latest migrant wave I got a stray genie child, so hell yes. My fort also has my first successful well. However, I have a question:

How do you train pets as war animals? I have an ironclad dog and a steelclad mastiff just waiting to be turned into war animals, but because one of my dwarfs owns them, I can't train it. That being said, I also cannot train a cougar I just bummed of the elven caravan for war, and this is disappointing me. How do I fix this?

Also, just a game report:

My fort is currently under attack by a hidden necromancer. This is my first experience with this kind of enemy, and man, FUCK NECROMANCERS.

When my fort was visited by an orcish thief, he cut off the hand of my swordsdwarf, which wasn't a problem until now.

The problem being that the only corpse the necromancer will raise is the same godforsaken hand. Over and over again. My military will disable it, and the slippery little bastard will just get raised again by that fucking hidden asshole, who is trapaising around my fort like the little necromancer dickwad that he is, constantly raising a dwarfs hand and nothing else. And for some reason the fucking crowd of dogs that follows my axedwarf doesn't see jack shit.

Anyway, yeah, my hunters have killed a unicorn, and several lionmen, who can apparently be butchered. I also have a goblinman that ran into my cagetrap, and i'm building an arena so my military can fuck his shit up.

However, i've run into a problem. As I go into my fort's third year, I'm not quite sure what to do. I'm not really ready to dig into the caverns, so for now i'm just bumming around the upper z-levels with nothing to do. suggestions?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6009 on: August 02, 2012, 12:58:25 am »

Future of the mod

Ok guys, a longer post to come.

I am in Chicago right now. I have finished the Route66 on bicycle and will continue next to Niagara Falls, then Canada, then NewYork. I have just above 1 month left for my trip before I return home. Inspired by smakemupagus's orc fortress, I thought it would be a good idea to write some quick race-plugins, on the fly so to speak. Making races, with completely different game mechanics takes a lot longer then I thought however. I also can barely play any testgames on a little netbook that runs DF mostly on 20-30fps, or not at all (crash)

Since the polls show that most people would prefer working on the dwarves, with humans/drow a second, and "dont care for embark races" as a third, I think I have to say that these ideas have to wait.  What I can do is help any of you, if you intend to write this yourself. Like I said, smake gave me the idea in the first place,with his orcs. So if anyone wants to try his or her hands on humans or drow, I can send you everything I have done so far on those races. I will also offer help with any reactions and things like custom embark screens and putting those races into the GUI/Settings.

The rest of the mod comes along fine. As you have noticed bugreports are lower then ever, and most of what I get is minimal. Balancing is still random at times ;)

The manual is being written by Godlysockpuppet (the html template) and looks a bit like hugos downloadable wiki at the moment. I will improve an that one, although I am unsure if I should write something about all things in DF (even vanilla ones) or only mod-related things. I wanted to do all at first, but seeing how everything is covered in the Wiki already, and people who play mods rarely need to look up vanilla things... and that the manual would get rather big and harder to look though... considering all that I tend towards writing it only for mod-related items. Comparisons, for example how mithril fares against steel, will still be included of course.

The new GUI, written by Roses, uses Python and should run on Windows, Mac and Linux. I havent seen any code yet, but most features seem to be finished. It contains a tree-selection using checkboxes. All items can be selected ONE-BY-ONE. That means you can tick a checkbox "weapons" and all weapons are added or removed. You can open the "weapons" tab, and find melee and ranged. Open melee, find one-handed and two-handed. Open two-handed, and you will see all 5 two-handed weapons. You can select or deselect any of those individually. Same goes for inorganics, creatures, items, buildings, and so on. Open creatures, open birds, deselect kea, because you dont like them.
Roses plans to release this as an utility for vanilla df, but I will of course write a lot of more detailed and custom options for the mod.

Zenerbufen is usually working on the Mac and Linux updates, but he is really, really busy in RL, so please excuse the missing updates for those. If anyone wants to do one or both of these now, just send me a downloadlink and I will add them to the frontpage.

I also want to adress a few topics that sprang to mind:

Diseases
I am, and you as well, not very pleased with how they turned out. I want to remove or at least severly limit the sick dwarf migrants. Instead I plan on adding vermin like rats that transmit plagues, as well as domestic animals. Chicken pox that kills all you tame birds, or rabies that lets your dogs go berserk. The plagues will be rewritten and can be cured/immunized by either potions/special alcohol, or a better system for the wards. I dont like how these turned out and will probably use a completely different system for those.

Domestic animals
One of the industries I havent touched yet, these will experience a significant boost. Special items upon butchery, more grazing, more warbeasts. Just to let you know ;)

Mixed Invaders
All invaders always have the same sprite/race. But there is a trick to have different races in one invading army, used by both deon and narhiril so far. I want to do the same, to give the invaders more character. No more goblins or orcs invading. No. One army of goblins, orcs, trolls and ogres, with boars and wargs as pets. No antmen siege, but antmen shepards herdings groups of giant ants. Automatons should bring mechanical siege engines, clockwork spiders and other steampunky stuff. All these will take a while, but are possible.

Hell
I currently have custom demons in hell that pose a sort of reward for players that defeat the HFS-invasion. Easy to defeat "souls" that drop goodies, and adamantine beetles that can be tamed and give unlimited adamantine. I have those in the mod since the first release, but never got any feedback on those. I am thinking about replacing those with harder enemies. You defeat the 100 demons rushing you after you opened hell ? Well, next level would be to build a staircase down and fight even harder non-flying demons. Any thoughts on that ?

If anyone wants the current work I have done on drows or humans, just leave me a PM, or I can offer a downloadlink right here.

EDIT: Another little note here: Big thanks for 6.000+ replies, 200.000+ views and almost 30.000 downloads (all versions) :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:51:49 am by Meph »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #6010 on: August 02, 2012, 01:02:12 am »

... and looks a bit like hugos downloadable wiki at the moment ...

:(
I am not bolded or even a capital at the start

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6011 on: August 02, 2012, 01:04:50 am »

Well, you are not working on this mod, or are you ? :P smake isnt either, and he wrote the orc-plugin ;)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: August 02, 2012, 02:08:06 am »

Great news about the mod Meph, looking forward to more playtesting and hopefully getting to HFS to see what you've done there. I've been uber busy IRL moving house and getting married and I've only been able to play occasionally but will surely settle back in soon.

Only issues I'm having in my 1.9.3 for at the moment is essence residue, it gets taken away into my metal ore stockpiles and kills my FPS in the process. So far the workaround has been to forbid the stuff, lock the door and build a new creature research lab (which is also what I did with my sea of mithral BTW).

So would it be possible to add essence residue and bone blocks to the stockpiles anywhere? Also don't seem to be able to use bone blocks as building materials oh and the boneyard seems to use stacks of bones as 1 unit too which is a pain.

Must admit I turned off secret !fun! and disease as it was too much of a pain in the ass. I'd prefer something that didn't involve ordering stuff from the caravan as when you get the king you can't order things any more. Be better if you could sacrifice cows or something to make wards if that's possible.

Just my humble opinion, best of luck with the last month of your trip, hope you're having better weather then us back here on the other side of the pond!   
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:52:02 am by SAFry »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #6013 on: August 02, 2012, 02:36:18 am »

Well, you are not working on this mod, or are you ? :P smake isnt either, and he wrote the orc-plugin ;)
I did make the Frost Giants :P unless you found another one, and helped with the mines hehe (altho you have probally made those two "art" like your golems hehe)

I was for a bit working on MW ;) before someone wanted me to work on Regen again.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: August 02, 2012, 03:15:57 am »

thanks for sharing the plan.  sounds good as always.
seems like a finished game now, hard to believe it's going to get better

my wife [MANDATES] that you put the Lead back in galena ore ;)

my random input for the day:
is slademantine obsolete now that there's volcanic and bifrost?   (i feel like we still can get slademantine too early by purchase or looting, compared to how hard you work for the others it seems out of line)

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 749