Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836976 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - NEW POLL / Orc Plugin
« Reply #5940 on: July 28, 2012, 01:01:35 pm »

@ishar: Yes, it should work. Make slade boulder, grind slade boulder, smelt powder into bar. All use the same template by now and are the same material.

@firons2: You can just build a pump next to it and dry the water out that way. And release the trolls in your dining room please. ;)

@oliverosky: many, many things are wrong with that. The armor cast you need for the next reaction, which is actually armoring the dog, that one is missing. the inorganic boiling stone is also missing. probably the sprite and graphics.txt as well. And the recycle reaction does not work. So... back to the drawing board ;)

@rumrusher: in theory yes. Not currently, but I might be able to add this. No idea how the AI would treat them though.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: July 28, 2012, 01:15:40 pm »

@firons2: You can just build a pump next to it and dry the water out that way. And release the trolls in your dining room please. ;)
Change of plans the forgotten beast wants to have a tea cup with them after kiling my loyal drowspider. I will arrange this meating (yes meating)

oliverosky95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: July 28, 2012, 02:26:38 pm »

Ok i made some changes to the raw file, and make a sprite for the dog (just a recolor :I) and here is the result :D

so , thanks meph and tierre for the help :)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: July 28, 2012, 02:29:40 pm »

Unrelated report:
Meph, this volcanic stuff may be a bit overpowered. OK, it's closely related to magma, needs silver and steel, so it might be hard enogh to work for, but still, look at this craziness:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fine, the dwarf himself is an expert sworddwarf/professional fighter, but that volcanic zweihander is a bit TOO powerful I think - the dwarf is good, but not exceptionally good. I accept that great fighters can bisect enemies, but this guy bisects armies with that thing. While this is undeniably awesome, it might not be intentional.

(Of course the hero was killed by the end of the battle. This is DF after all.)
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5944 on: July 28, 2012, 02:41:40 pm »

@oliverosky: Nice. But why is the dog mithrilclad, and the armor-cast welded mithril ? Anyway, you think this should be done to all the armored pets ? It is just some copy and pasting...

@ishar: A professional fighter, with a giant twohanded-sword made of a material that is 1/2 as good as adamantine goes through an army ? That shouldnt be a surprise. The normal invaders dont really have any materials to match this, try Frost Giants ;) I mean, 4 slade, 4 obsidian, 4 silver and 4 steel went into that one sword... and magma. So it should be good.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

oliverosky95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: July 28, 2012, 02:55:16 pm »

@oliverosky: Nice. But why is the dog mithrilclad, and the armor-cast welded mithril ? Anyway, you think this should be done to all the armored pets ? It is just some copy and pasting...

A little truetype error  :P

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: July 28, 2012, 05:02:58 pm »

And what about "Fox-People"? Meph? Please? :'( :-[ ;D

Edit: But Human and no digging? They need Metal for Armor? I think only the Elves dont like it to go under earth. :D
No furries please. :(
Keep this in-theme.

Unrelated report:
Meph, this volcanic stuff may be a bit overpowered. OK, it's closely related to magma, needs silver and steel, so it might be hard enogh to work for, but still, look at this craziness:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fine, the dwarf himself is an expert sworddwarf/professional fighter, but that volcanic zweihander is a bit TOO powerful I think - the dwarf is good, but not exceptionally good. I accept that great fighters can bisect enemies, but this guy bisects armies with that thing. While this is undeniably awesome, it might not be intentional.

(Of course the hero was killed by the end of the battle. This is DF after all.)

... TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THIS! :D

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5947 on: July 28, 2012, 06:09:29 pm »

Mh... surprise. Seems like most people either say "Dwarves" or "Dont care for different embark races" These two are more or less the same... Humans&Drow come next, and Elves and self-invented stuff ranks absolutlely low.

Interesting.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: July 28, 2012, 06:13:16 pm »

Mh... surprise. Seems like most people either say "Dwarves" or "Dont care for different embark races" These two are more or less the same... Humans&Drow come next, and Elves and self-invented stuff ranks absolutlely low.

Interesting.
\o/
I voted for both of this!

Can't wait to play as those dark elves. >:D
And to TRY hoomenz.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:20:11 pm by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: July 28, 2012, 09:54:27 pm »

Where is the ASCII+ tileset located? and how would i copy it into a pack to use in another version of DF?

chronicpayne

• Bay Watcher
  • The graveyards are full of indispensable men.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: July 28, 2012, 10:04:45 pm »

Can anyone help me out with Lamellar armor? Seems i cannot stockpile it seperate from the regular leather.
Infact i cannot sort any of the new leather types into their own stockpiles... even though all the options are there and it should be simple.

Am i missing something or is it not possible to split up the new leather types?

Thanks.  :D

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: July 28, 2012, 10:17:09 pm »

I believe the volcanic stuff needs the Great Magma Forge.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: July 29, 2012, 01:53:35 am »

Great Magma Forge, built over magma, the reaction needs 4 slade boulders (can be produced there, by compressing 8 blocks), 4 obsidian (if you don't have it, you can also melt it from 8 other blocks), 4 silver bars and 4 steel bars. Smaller weapons require less.
At first, I wasn't interested in this, because the guide said it's half as good as adamantine, and I was like 'meh, just half, might as well use mithril', but damn. Half of adamantine is still in a totally different league than anything else. It's waaay more powerful than mithril, wolfram, rose gold and any other fancy stuff. Pure slade is better for blunt weapons, but I always found that way too heavy for armor. Sure my dwarfs are immportal when they wear that, but they are practically immobile.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Urist McCoke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: July 29, 2012, 02:28:34 am »

i forged a slade zweihander some time ago.
My captain never made it to the fights in time :
I prefer welded mithril, pretty much weightless and sharp, not candy sharp though.

Cavgunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: July 29, 2012, 02:46:37 am »

Hi all.  When I try to open the Manual from the Extras tab I can see the table of contents to the left, but the main part of the screen says "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled."  Any thoughts?

It works for me, sorry that's probably not much help, but is all i got  ???  Maybe your computer has some security feature that is is blocking it?

Disabling firewall/virus protection has no effect. 
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 749