Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837136 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Playable Orc Race Plugin
« Reply #5850 on: July 25, 2012, 12:48:28 pm »

@torgan: interesting... I always hoped that dwarves could use the armor, but at least you found a way to recycle it :)

@putnam: No... it is not necessary, but I havent removed it yet, thats all. Still travelling, you know ;)

@rabblerouser: Wards... or quarantine some and wait a season.

@raledon:
Some creatures (such as werewolves and other new creatures) ignore traps. Is this intended?
Also, is there a way to properly stopping them without cheesing the game (bridge in, bridge out)?
Archers doesn't seem to want to pick a crossbow and shoot... might require some more testing by my part (lack of ammo? no barracks?)
Last question, why does my dwarves hate burrows?
Yes, trapavoid is intended, to make the game harder.
Stop them with steel. In sword and axe form.
Archers shoot ok in the mod, probably a user error ;)
Burrows are unaffected by the mod as well.

@orius: Turn on temperature

@laggy: Turn of Weather on the first tab of the GUI. Works without genning a new world :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

raledon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: July 25, 2012, 02:01:48 pm »

Just now my marksdwarf, using a javelin thrower, decided to chase kobolds instead of using Javelins. He has the skills, and I have done nothing to stop him from using them. Ideas?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: July 25, 2012, 02:05:59 pm »

correct ammo type assigned to squad?  correct ammo type available?  has quiver?  quiver is not full of wrong ammo type?

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: July 25, 2012, 03:32:15 pm »

Any way to fix Golems parts where it says: the oil is gone, dented and smashed open?

raledon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: July 25, 2012, 03:42:25 pm »

correct ammo type assigned to squad?  correct ammo type available?  has quiver?  quiver is not full of wrong ammo type?

Ummmm quiver might be the issue. I'll check that one.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: July 25, 2012, 09:01:49 pm »

Try adding to [INORGANIC:RUINS] tag [IS_STONE]. Might help. Or just turn the temperature on like it is supposed to be with Masterwork mod - they will boil and disappear.

Oh HELL.

I usually keep temperature off on the maps to help FPS unless I'm playing with magma or a fire starts or something (because it would be kinda cheaty otherwise).  So that's why the bridge made out of collapsed brick blocks apparently disappeared on me when I turned it on for all those nightmare fires.  Even more !!FUN!!!  I've been using the blocks made of collapsed bricks all around my fort.  So when I turn temperature on, I'm not sure how much is going to disappear.   :o

On the bright side, I'm considering abandoning it anyway.  I got my taste of MW, but the fort is somewhat badly organized because I didn't properly prepare for some of the more unusual features.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Murdath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: July 25, 2012, 10:36:28 pm »

DFFD seems to be down  :-\

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: July 25, 2012, 11:51:06 pm »

Well without temperature you won't have golems, healing, magic or anything like that to work - so it's a waste anyway:) And you will have A LOT of things which are supposed to disappear:)

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: July 26, 2012, 03:14:14 am »

Hmm, new problem.  I genned a new world, and when I tried to start playing on it I get an error "Missing Definition: FLY_TEST2", which is part of the weather interactions.  I turned weather off in the options GUI before I genned the world, so I decided to compare the weather interactions from an old world to this new one. The file was basically the same, except for what I presume is the line that stops the weather effects.

The "off" line seems to be the same as the off line in other things I have turned off (ie I checked entity_evildrow and it was the same format -- !NOWEATHER!OBJECT:INTERACTION] is the line.  So I'm not really sure why its not working :(

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: July 26, 2012, 06:58:58 am »

Any way to fix Golems parts where it says: the oil is gone, dented and smashed open?
There is a repair golem job at the golem forge, not sure if it works correctly though. The building guide might explain it better.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: July 26, 2012, 07:42:54 am »

No forgetten beasts.
The only thing it seems to be doing is making the entire fortress vomit.

Only things I've battle lately are kobolds, a hair man, and a couple Bladefooted Rancor (not sure if that's how it's spelled).

This started, though, before I really had any of those fights. Like it was brought in from my outpost liason.
If it was a syndrome, I'd imagine the doctors could do their thing, but no. They're just constantly retching and vomiting and not requesting diagnosis.

Are you rendering fat? It produces a cloud that can make nearby dwarves ill.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: July 26, 2012, 07:48:37 am »

a while ago meph toyed with the idea of diseases, usually brought in by caravans or immigrants, most common one is the vomiting plague, lasts for a season or so. the apothocary makes wards for these, since ordering takes a year.. and well the problem should subside by then.

so yeah .. dfhack clean. since dwarves dont seem to want to do it themselves, at least i cant think of why or how to get them to do it myself. (cleaning enabled. nothing else enabled... example)

also the brewery and kitchen have side effects of gas clouds that make dwarves vomit (kinda .. irritating in a way.. are my dwarves really that grossed out? hehe)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: July 26, 2012, 08:20:02 am »

a while ago meph toyed with the idea of diseases, usually brought in by caravans or immigrants, most common one is the vomiting plague, lasts for a season or so. the apothocary makes wards for these, since ordering takes a year.. and well the problem should subside by then.

so yeah .. dfhack clean. since dwarves dont seem to want to do it themselves, at least i cant think of why or how to get them to do it myself. (cleaning enabled. nothing else enabled... example)

also the brewery and kitchen have side effects of gas clouds that make dwarves vomit (kinda .. irritating in a way.. are my dwarves really that grossed out? hehe)
I don't know. I quite like the idea of a green fort.  :P
It's the vomiting itself that's annoying.

Thanks for the apocethary advice, though!

So I've had two plagues, sterility and vomitting.. any others I should know of?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

oliverosky95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: July 26, 2012, 08:28:00 am »

A stupid question: how do i get hellwood ?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: July 26, 2012, 08:37:28 am »

You are allowed to guess, where you could find HELLwood ;)

Attention, this spoiler contains information you might wanna find out yourselve. Im not responsible for the lack of !FUN! in your fortress if you read it anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 749