Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837197 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 -Minor bug/balancing update
« Reply #5805 on: July 23, 2012, 09:08:54 am »

Spare savants are perfect for jobs which dont need a high skill level (furnace operators in most of my forts, threshers, millers, etc.)

Err, i got a.... strange migrant here. I was checking my latest migration wave via Therapist for Legion and berserker dwarfs, but one has the caste "secret wp3". His description is "A short sturdy creature fond of the moon and industry"

I just hope that this is working as indended and im not looking at a cult leader or something like that :) But nontheless, whats special about this guy?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:36:19 am by Firehawk45 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5806 on: July 23, 2012, 09:41:57 am »

Shishimar made some changes on how the therapist reads out dwarves, they now read the ID instead of the name. Splinterz knows about it, and probably changes it again... anyway, you have any Werebeast Wards around ? Otherwise... have FUN :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: July 23, 2012, 09:49:29 am »

yeah, he stares at the moon, i think i know what he is. He got conscripted and thrown against a giant bull, problem solved.

Wow, he didnt even have blood, but some unknown creature substance..... creepy, good thing i searched for suitable militia dwarfes :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:52:39 am by Firehawk45 »

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: July 23, 2012, 11:38:31 am »

Hey there, quick question.

How do I process Metal of Armok or Armoks Metal? I read it can become one of every vanilla metal bar.

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 -Poll about new races
« Reply #5809 on: July 23, 2012, 01:02:51 pm »

@stool: Still bring magma in bags... sorry
hehe its fine i look at it as a feature. have fun on your remaining trip!
thx for the update

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: July 23, 2012, 01:38:22 pm »

How do people deploy their treant /spitting orchid seeds.  I just did my first set of treant seeds and now I have a bunch of friendly 'ents that hang around inside my front gate.  Anyone have any strategies?

Oh, my golems tried to attack the baby entlings...
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: July 23, 2012, 02:42:43 pm »

Hey there, quick question.

How do I process Metal of Armok or Armoks Metal? I read it can become one of every vanilla metal bar.
You need to use the Transmutation Chamber, I think you need a dwarf with the alchemy skill for the reaction.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: July 23, 2012, 03:02:59 pm »

Experience from my fort:

"Oh, blessing of armok, what does that do?"

boa gets designated, miner goes there

"WTF HAVE YOU DONE TO MY DWARFS MEPH?"

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 -Poll about new races
« Reply #5813 on: July 23, 2012, 03:20:15 pm »

@fasquardon: That is a brilliant idea. I could make a workshop that essentially says: Do this reaction to summon a group of evil creatures (summon demons, awaking old egypt mummies and so forth) and fight them, and upon death they do drop special items. That is actually totally new and I think people would love it. Thanks a lot for this idea :)

Another variation on this idea would be to have a reaction at the alter of armok that summoned one of the mountain kings to test your dwarfs - if you kill the mountain king, Armok leaves you a foundation stone that can be used to build high level structures (particularly the Temple of Armok) and/or a syndrome that would give the dwarf(s) who slew the mountain king membership of the "chosen of Armok" caste.

I like the idea that Armok would only accept the worship of dwarfs who had passed a fortress-destroying test.

Linking the super metals to the key "foundation stone" would also give materials like Mithril, Volcanic and Slade a proper difficulty in line with their epicness.

Also, love that you added light bins to the thatchery, I had been feeling the absence of featherwood as well.

Steel armoured war sauropods will be making an appearance in my next fortress.

fasquardon

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5814 on: July 23, 2012, 05:21:01 pm »

Well, I will cleary spend some thought on the whole "defeat spawned enemies for stuff"-idea, and this one sounds like another neat way to do it. I cant promise anything shortly, but I itch to write at least a little something, because it is just so... new. I always like adding things that are unheard of so far.  The Mountainking would be overkill however, I spawned all creatures in the arena several times, and the Mountainking does not have any problems with them. He can melt/burn to death after a long, long time... but thats it. Otherwise he plays golf with everything, try it out ;)

But buildings something like "The Gauntlet" to have the player pass a couple of divine tests to unlock new tech trees ? AWESOME. I already want to base one industry on each of the invader races, once the new version is out... have to take some notes, although I guess most of my freetime/modding time will be taken by the manual/design stuff for now.

Really interested in the following things right now:
Testing the new book/ink/paper reactions
Testing all the still reactions
Testing the new leather armor reactions
Testing the armored sauropods

I havent done any testing at all, only opened the game once, no errorlog (yeah) and think that the raws look fine, but any feedback on these 4 things will be greatly appreciated. :) And just as I write this I notice that I should have added a "drakescale leather armor" reaction as well... stupid me. Sorry.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

gwathlobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: July 23, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »

Guys, was anyone able to colonize level 3 of the caverns? Facehuggers are absolutely horrible. Any way to deal with them without making a catsplosion?

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: July 23, 2012, 05:24:12 pm »

Sounds like a great update. It seems like it should be possible to update without genning a new world - what would I have to do to that? I imagine copy the raws from somewhere or gen up a new world and put in my old save?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5817 on: July 23, 2012, 05:26:15 pm »

Catsplosions cant happen, since they dont adopt owners in the mod. The alternative is "frill lizards" they also hunt vermin. I guess it would be easier if I make a warbeast, that you can assign to your squads, so they follow them around, and you can go vermin-hunting.

Or, the easy solution: Build a bonfire or fell a firetree, and just burn down cavern3 to get rid of all the vermin down there. I am always amazed how few people do use fire aggresivly. ;)

EDIT:@ioi101: Not really... you can get most of the fixes by copying the reaction_masterwork.txt into the old save folder, but that will also break some minor things. You need to enable the new reactions in the entity file, and those changes do require a new world. Anyway, the update is small... you can for example copy the font.ttf from data/art, and get the gender symbols back, but the rest you need a new world for.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:27:51 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Playable Orc Race Plugin
« Reply #5818 on: July 24, 2012, 12:40:48 am »

Please excuse the double post, but I just found this:

Orc Fortress for Masterwork Dwarf Fortress by smakemupagus

It is for version 1.9.2, so if anyone would like to test it out on 1.9.4, go ahead. Besides the mentioned entity_default there shouldnt be any big problems. I added the same link to the frontpage as well, directly under the downloads. (@smake: If you dont want the link there, for whatever reasons (alpha version, testing, bugs) just tell me and I will take it down again.

And one request by me about this: All feedback about Masterwork Orc Fortress please, please, please, in the fitting thread. Not here. Things would get very confusing indeed. Thank you.

Edit: Updated the Orc Mod for 1.9.4, all I had to do is the entity file. I posted the repack and download link in the Orc Fortress Thread. As soon as smake updates the DFFD link I will take it down.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 01:37:24 am by Meph »

gwathlobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: July 24, 2012, 04:30:18 am »

Catsplosions cant happen, since they dont adopt owners in the mod. The alternative is "frill lizards" they also hunt vermin. I guess it would be easier if I make a warbeast, that you can assign to your squads, so they follow them around, and you can go vermin-hunting.

Or, the easy solution: Build a bonfire or fell a firetree, and just burn down cavern3 to get rid of all the vermin down there. I am always amazed how few people do use fire aggresivly. ;)

Hmm, but don't vermin spawn indefinitely? Moreover, they spawn even if you don not breach level 3 caverns.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 749