Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837305 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 -Poll about new races
« Reply #5745 on: July 18, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »

Are there surface monsters that can create fire in the mod?

Yes, including mutant faedogs, burning skulls, and wild elvish warbeast dragons & magmahounds if you have those enabled

Marshbaboon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: July 18, 2012, 11:35:10 pm »

Yes, including mutant faedogs, burning skulls, and wild elvish warbeast dragons & magmahounds if you have those enabled

I thought as much. I just haven't encountered any. The odd thing when it just happened there all the dwarf traders stuff was sitting in the middle of a brook, and the half of the map behind the brook was burnt to ashes. The liaison made it safely though.

TTCBuilder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: July 18, 2012, 11:59:45 pm »

It's possible the traders had a bag of magma or a hellfire turret.
Otherwise I really don't know.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: July 19, 2012, 01:34:12 am »

I think you need to be in the right biome for some of them to grow.... But im not sure

Exactly, for example (from the raws):

Wild Leek                 [WET][BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TEMPERATE]
Fungiwood Spores      [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER] [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
Henna Seeds            [DRY][BIOME:DESERT_BADLAND]
Pumpkin Seeds          [DRY][BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_BROADLEAF]

Also, don't ever try to set every plant to every biome in the raws.  You'll never get a viable world generated.

Ah so that was my problem.  I'm limited to tropical freshwater swamp plants on the map then, the only other biome is mountain which of course has nothing.  I sold off all those extra seeds to the caravan so they don't takes up space, I'll probably need to whip up another big batch of bags though.

Are there surface monsters that can create fire in the mod?

And nightmares.  You forgot the nightmares.

Anyway, I went into the raws and changed featherwoods back to their normal wood, I was kind of disappointed to feather wood gone when I embarked on a good map.  Everything else is the same though, most of tht stuff just gets burned up in a fort anyway.  Hasn't messed anything up so far that I can tell. 
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: July 19, 2012, 06:33:31 am »

3) How do I set up a stockpile for bifrost?
4) How do I set up a stockpile only for armor plates?

Thanks!
3) I don't think you can, I can't find the bifrost entry in the stone stockpile menu but if I turn off everything on a stone stockpile the bifrost is hauled there though. Now I just have the problem that I can't do anything with the bifrost boulders as the reactions are all red at the creature research lab. Not sure if that's just me being dumb, I had the same thing with the loot bags from thieves but then suddenly they started being opened at the lab.

4) Can't do it specifically for armour plates but they fall under tools in a finished goods stockpile so I made one that only accepted copper tools and there were only a few other trash items from a caravan that went to it. Runes are also a tool if you want to stockpile them next to your weaponry. It's a good place to look for any new types of items in Masterwork, you'll be able to see them in the z stocks menu.

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: July 19, 2012, 11:00:31 am »

Actually bifrost is in the stone stockpile settings, near the end. Good to know about the armor plates stockpile though, that's news to me.

I'm getting into a big problem though - you cannot select volcanic material in the military screen. Only solutions I can see is upgrading dwarves manually, or forbidding/removing any items from other metals so the dwarvs use volcanic.

And as for getting mithril through slade, the only problem is, if I'm understanding the materials guide correctly, volcanic is already superior to mithril, and probably easier to make using great forges.

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: July 19, 2012, 11:33:15 am »

I really enjoy this mod. But I have an issue with my dorfs that never happened before : they are all sick, but without any indications of their symptoms and possibility to heal them (I have many doctors/diagnosticians in my fort, an hospital with the adequate material, a well). They sleep all the time, have no bad thoughts, or move/execute tasks very slowly. In the section "caste" of Dwarf Therapist there is a child who is ranked as a "sick dwarf" - surely a fresh migrant who arrived with an unknown disease, contaminating the others (I noticed piles of vomit here and there, but I assumed it was du to the tanning/cremating job). I doubt this is a permanent situation, but I don't know what to do : wait ? kill the child ?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:55:59 am by MightyDorf »

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: July 19, 2012, 11:47:07 am »

About light bins - you can try a thatchery and make thatch bins. They should be pretty light... but i will need to check it in the raws though... Checked - usual density is 1200 which is way more than many other things.... I guess this needs an overhaul in thatchery module - make it use wicker template (with low density) instead of plant template or assign all plants lower densities. Because thatch bins should be very light. Like density 200 or 300 (near feather wood).
edit:grammar mistakes:)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:46:22 pm by Tierre »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: July 19, 2012, 12:01:26 pm »

I have a question myself: With the ability to butcher and eat sentient beings.... Doesnt that possibly lead to more wars with the elves and humans (drows? Dont know about their ethics) during world gen? With all those enemies and the bad versions of the allies, maybe having an option for a "no war with humans, elves, drows" mode (where they just agree with all your ethics, except for planttreating, the elves define themselves with that.), would be a good idea.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: July 19, 2012, 12:36:58 pm »

Actually bifrost is in the stone stockpile settings, near the end.
Just started up my game now I'm home and unless I'm really blind it's definitely not an option for me in the stone stockpile. Are you using the Phoebus tileset? Something came up a few/many pages ago where both guys were playing with different tilesets and there were some differences. I have three bifrost in a stockpile and all options are turned off apart from the misc allow plant/animal one.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And that's weird, was just away to say I wasn't able to work the bifrost I do have but now I can. Seems a bit like the lootbags, had some for at least a year, options were red at the lab and then all of a sudden they became available to use. I don't think they were being carried around in bins all that time... The bifrost definitely wasn't seeing as it can't be put in bins.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: July 19, 2012, 12:45:41 pm »

Maybe bifrost is considered economic stone?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: July 19, 2012, 12:48:31 pm »

It should be. Its not an ore, but it has a use apart from making a trumpet from it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: July 20, 2012, 04:51:25 am »

I've seen some issue with stones that aren't mined from the ground and stockpiles, but I'm not sure if bifrost is one of those (I'm guessing it is).

Someone64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: July 20, 2012, 05:26:47 am »

I noticed that the special font doesn't include male and female symbols. I added them for you guys.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?psoheow86uvo075

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: July 20, 2012, 06:40:50 am »

Maybe bifrost is considered economic stone?
All the stone types are turned off, metal ore, economic, other stone and clay.

Bifrost drops from slain Frost Giants (or that's the only way I have got it so far) so maybe Putnam is on to something.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 749