Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837363 times)

FluffyBinLaden

• Bay Watcher
  • Riddles in the Dark... Answers in the Light....
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 -Poll about new races
« Reply #5715 on: July 17, 2012, 03:39:36 pm »

I'm curious, does this work on the new Mac Os X Lion? I tried it once before, and really want it to work, but last time I couldn't get her to work properly.
This is a signature. It has a five hundred character maximum. You may use pictures, which are not to exceed 80 pixels in height. I am wearing a hat.

Zerg for life. For the Swarm!

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - NEW POLL - Future of the Mod
« Reply #5716 on: July 17, 2012, 03:48:07 pm »

EDIT: A little repost about the future ideas for invaders... any comments ?
Basic idea is that each race will give some kind of material/itemdrop that is needed for high-tech stuff.
Kobolds just drop a bag full of metal bars, so people hunt them down.
Goblins/Orcs drop golbinite, e.g. free metal equipment.
Terracotta army drops magic scrolls/golem related stuff, to give life to inanimate objects. (golems for example)
Anubits/Egyptian Gods drop... NO IDEA

->this could be a possibility to introduce a new, high end magic system, utilizing drops for a magic reaction work shop (transformations and/or summonings like in the other magic buildings). Sand magic, time magic, and, my favorite, snake throwing magic.

Living Land (working title) drops seeds, wood and plants.
Frost Giants drop bifrost, a metal between steel and adamantine.
Automatons drop clockwork parts, needed for high-tech/mechanical things, like turrets.

Ratmen/Skaven drop warpstone/mutation related things, possibly to upgrade pets a lot more...
-> LIKE
Xen/Antmen drop... chitin for some strong and lightweight armor, mostly for archers (?) (BETTER SUGGESTIONS?)

-> Chitin arrows as warfare alternative to the producable magic arrows?

Spawn of the Holistic drop... definetly something special, but I dont know what yet.

Really like the ideas and more distinguished invaders, i am not sure if I understood correctly the biome restrictions: Do they mean i only meet Anubites in deserts? or do they also invade in other biomes?

I havent read the last 10 pages in full detail and cant playtest alot myself right now. Only thing i tested: With a semidedicated fort i was able to make volcanic gear in my second year (Volcano embark, no smith caste, could maybe even do it in first winter with better migrants).
And i would really like an archeologists revamp: Only use i see is using dfhack and going straight for early weapons/armor. If I just play and stumble upon them i already have steel grade stuff to use.

PS: Better stockpile options for new staff would be No1 on my wishlist as well
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:50:51 pm by Riun »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:55 pm »

The syndrome bolts from archeology are actually nice thought, you might want to keep them ;)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: July 18, 2012, 02:46:15 am »

I'm curious, does this work on the new Mac Os X Lion? I tried it once before, and really want it to work, but last time I couldn't get her to work properly.

I made/tested the mac version on lion. I'm waiting untill after mountain lion is released for the next mac/linux version.

Bouchacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: July 18, 2012, 04:35:51 am »

Volcanic equipment is made at the great magma forge out of slade/steel/obsidian/silver, and if you melt down volcanic equipment you obviously get volcanic bars. However, there doesn't seem to be any reactions associated with volcanic bars. Can you do anything with them?

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - NEW POLL - Future of the Mod
« Reply #5720 on: July 18, 2012, 05:43:22 am »

A wonderful little read of someones experience with Masterwork...
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113161.0

Hmm, interesting.

Anyway, I'm having a problem with surface farming.  I have extra plants turned on, but the only plants besides Vanilla DF surface plants I'm able to grow are steeloaks, ironbarks, small trees, rock parsley, wild lentils, quick roots, and grapes.  It's not a seed problem:

I don't think it has anything do do with the plots being roofed over, I just made one outside, and it too has limited crops.

Maybe I'll just establish a huge winery or something.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:45:07 am by orius »
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: July 18, 2012, 06:53:10 am »

I think you need to be in the right biome for some of them to grow.... But im not sure

Tiaximus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: July 18, 2012, 07:30:12 am »

I've been a big fan of Dwarf Fortress for the last month or so.  I started playing with the raws recently, doing such things as making all animal people milkable, making snake people lay eggs, deleting trapavoid, turning creatures into pet/pet_exotic, etc.  You know, the easy stuff.  Then I get into Masterwork and crap my pants.  This is a fantastic mod--everything is here. 

I only have one gripe.  I like having my kobold bone bolts and goblin leather boots. 

After cruising through the raws, I (eventually) started picking out the right tokens to start getting the names back.  Meat was easy, bones were next, trees I couldn't touch lest the Timberyard become useless... then I started mucking around with leather and skin.  Screwed the whole process.  Should have backed up everything before each edit, but what the hell. 

But notably, I messed around with milk a bit, and came across eight different lines of Forgotten Beast Milk in my embark list...

Anyway, I appreciate the mod, and after toying around in it, I realize that generic items are a completely hardcoded part of this mod, and after screwing around and finding out just how deep those CREATURE_MAT and ANIMAL tags go, I would wager an option to turn specific-name items back on is far too much of a pain to code.  I guess I'll just have to find a way to deal with my fascination with amassing piles of dead elf and goblin paraphenalia.

I was trying to make a reaction at the Kitchen to turn vermin remains into crap food, i.e. MAT_ON-A-STICK.  I've seen PRODUCT tokens with 8 different :sections: --is there a better list of what the product tokens do with all the other sections?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:42:43 am by Tiaximus »

Tiaximus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: July 18, 2012, 07:35:13 am »

I think you need to be in the right biome for some of them to grow.... But im not sure

Exactly, for example (from the raws):

Wild Leek                 [WET][BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TEMPERATE]
Fungiwood Spores      [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER] [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
Henna Seeds            [DRY][BIOME:DESERT_BADLAND]
Pumpkin Seeds          [DRY][BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_BROADLEAF]

Also, don't ever try to set every plant to every biome in the raws.  You'll never get a viable world generated.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:15:48 am by Tiaximus »

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: July 18, 2012, 09:02:26 am »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5725 on: July 18, 2012, 10:21:18 am »

@Tiaximus: Thanks. And yes, applying the changes for generic mats would seriously threaten many reactions I wrote...

We are currently looking for experienced Overseers who want to take a turn or two:
Fortress Thread ☼Angelictower The Bloody Dungeons of Testing☼ (overseers wanted)
Fortress Discussion Thread Masterwork Succession Fort
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: July 18, 2012, 10:23:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could someone explain that to me, please?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Slab

The problem isnt that they have learned from it, but WHAT he learned. Conjuring food? Goddamn, i want that in my fort NOW

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5727 on: July 18, 2012, 10:56:34 am »

There are lots and lots of custom mages in the mod. And I mean lots...

Also, nice line:
WHAT THE F***? Our Iron Golem has grown attached to his rare silk bag, which he used to beat a kea to death. I dont know what to say about that, but i think i shouldnt be surprised. This silk bag probably has more kills then the average soldier in this fort.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: July 18, 2012, 11:06:47 am »

There was a lot of attachment happening during this two seasons... but that one was the weirdest of all. Also, all of them happened after the dwarf (golem) killed a kea with that weapon. Is there a connection?

Borshch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: July 18, 2012, 02:16:59 pm »

In which workshop do I need th "cold hammer slade"?
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 749