Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837533 times)

reallyagnome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - NEW POLL - Future of the Mod
« Reply #5580 on: July 09, 2012, 05:27:32 pm »

Military Uniform
I've been trying to work out the best military uniform in Masterwork, I think it's this:
(edit: added a few more layers, heavily tested everything except robes)

4x Padded Shirt
1x Metal Breastplate
7x Runerobes (perhaps more)
8x Padded Hood
1x Metal Helm
2x Padded Leggings
1x Metal Greaves
1x Mittens
1x Metal Gauntlets
2x Shoes
2x Metal High Boots
1x Kite Shield (need to test, saw a dwarf with an Iridium Long Sword and 2 copper kite shields).
1x Weapon of choice

When queuing these up at the manager, don't forget to add 1x Waterskin and 1x Backpack

Main things to note are:
use "Replace Clothing" instead of "Over Clothing"
padded mittens can't be used with gauntlets, but normal mittens can be
mittens have to be made out of leather (cloth can only make padded mittens)
mittens and gauntlets get listed once (which equips a pair of them)
shoes and high boots get listed twice each
I don't have enough Runerobes to test as much as I'd like
I had lots of trouble getting one of my military to equip 8 hoods + helm. Creating an underlayer uniform of just the cloth/leather, then switching him to a separate uniform with everything seemed to help.

If anyone has managed to get better equipped dwarves, please share :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:42:59 pm by reallyagnome »

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: July 09, 2012, 08:25:57 pm »

Don't runic vests manage to fit in there somewhere? As substitutes to cloaks?

Great share by the way, I was wondering about what the most comprehensive uniform is.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: July 09, 2012, 08:26:48 pm »

As for me, I just got a message "Something someone's right had has burst in a cloud of flames".

What is this? Should I be ordering wards?

EDIT: Oh, got it. Still don't know what he is, but I was wondering why the two fire turrets in front of my entrance kept belching fire and smoke after the end of the siege...he is some sort of creature in there, covered with wounds and they keep smoking him. Shame they don't have combat skills, or would be legendary by now.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:32:37 pm by Stormbuilder »

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: July 09, 2012, 10:41:30 pm »

suggestions?

1. more war animals. war animals are cool. more steel clad war animals are cool.
2. grenade type throwing weapons. throw a flaming jug of oil at the enemy, set them on fire. weaponize bees. have bee hives within some distance of target, throw a jug of honey at the enemy, they get attack by swarm of bees. everyone wins. throwable plague bearer jugs, same effects.
3. sacrifice live captives to please armok. wild animal, meh. sentient beings, alright. titans, mega, fb, awesome. bonus points if you sacrifice elves.

as for the poll. instead of having a workshop that does everything for an industry, just have contained industries. by that i mean several workshop that product items for a single industry and that's it. so the player can select the industry and have everything they need to produce everything in said industry. if there are workshop that just creates a bunch of things every other industry need, then put it down as a perquisite.

Second #3
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

b33fman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: July 10, 2012, 04:20:19 am »

Can anyone help me with this problem, whenever I save and quit the game, and try to load the save again, I get a Fatal Error: Missing Word Definition.

My region1/raw/objects/language_words.txt file gets corrupted(example:http://pastebin.com/X1pBgp3a)

If I replace the file with a fresh one from another save, i can load again, but maybe someone here knows a permanent fix?

A Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:42 am »

Any burrows around ?

Workshop reactions are red, even with all the materials aviable.
Bug:      
If a workshop is in a burrow, even if the burrow is inactive, then it accepts only materials within the same burrow.

Solution:
Make a bigger burrow including the materials, or keep the material stockpiles within the same burrow. Or delete the burrow.

Made the burrows cover nearly my entire fortress and when didn't that work, I deleted them. Which did not fix the problem either :(

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: July 10, 2012, 07:40:25 am »

Any burrows around ?

Workshop reactions are red, even with all the materials aviable.
Bug:      
If a workshop is in a burrow, even if the burrow is inactive, then it accepts only materials within the same burrow.

Solution:
Make a bigger burrow including the materials, or keep the material stockpiles within the same burrow. Or delete the burrow.

Made the burrows cover nearly my entire fortress and when didn't that work, I deleted them. Which did not fix the problem either :(

I had a similar problem with steelproduction. I had Flux, but it didnt get noticed by the furnace. The fix was to let the dwarfs bring the flux to a stockpile. Maybe that works for you.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: July 10, 2012, 08:24:27 am »

Meph i thought about a way to use 2 tags at once to mark features which require 2 prerequisites. For example like fossil ammo and alchemy to use them. Or guns with gunpowder and chemistry. You can use YESGUNPOWDER_YESCHEMISTRY[ and then changed it will look for a full emtry and change it accordingly - like NOGUNPOWDER_YESCHEMISTRY- will make guns dissappear though you still have chemsitry for plastics or other uses. It will make application to process 4 types of tags insted of normal 2 - yes_yes no_no yes_no and no_yes. But it gives you way more flexibility.

Kanedoom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: July 10, 2012, 02:32:45 pm »

When I start dwarf fortress mode on any "world" My dwarves are "Cave swallows". What the hell is going on? They can't build or mine, or do ANYTHING. Damn birds!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: July 10, 2012, 02:34:31 pm »

When I start dwarf fortress mode on any "world" My dwarves are "Cave swallows". What the hell is going on? They can't build or mine, or do ANYTHING. Damn birds!
My guess is duplicate raws, try downloading again.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

g1real

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: July 10, 2012, 02:39:27 pm »

Activating all siege races seems to wipe out my dorf civilization. Working as intended?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: July 10, 2012, 03:04:28 pm »

Yep, the possibility of the dwarfs getting wiped out is given everytime you make a world. Some of the evil races are really strong (frost giant, war elephants, etc), and have big potential of doing so. Have fun with that world :)

Actually, i think that could have happened in my world too, as the dwarfs are at war with 5 different civs. Good thin i stopped world gen at year 5 :D

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: July 10, 2012, 03:15:37 pm »

did you happen to try to install it on top of an existing DF folder?  that causes problems like this (from duplication of raws, as the other poster said)

RavenZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: July 10, 2012, 04:01:41 pm »

Hi, im actually playing on this great mod but not only in Fortress mode - i have question about bug in adventure mode when im trying to make for example stone needle i got (masterpiece when i saw that note "You made a masterpiece.." my first thought - "lol wtf... ;D" My dwarf dont have any points spent in knapping nor the ability which helps in crafting)schist halberd and (also good)schist pike and when i was tryin to make bone needle i got masterpiece burning elephant statue out of lion bones... grr... what a waste... Can you please dive in the crafting in adventure mode issues? For some time I began to depend more on adventure than on normal mode - Fortress mode <- because of crafting abilities! If someone will make mod where you can chop down trees - mine in rocks and set up your very own forge for crafting purposes - im on with it!

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: July 10, 2012, 04:54:53 pm »

Having great fun with this mod, I have some larger scale feedback to give once I play with it more, but for now some possible bugs:

1)The bronze reaction at the blast furnace produces copper, not bronze
2) The batch reaction to make tallow at the soapmaker doesn't work. Oddly, it doesn't seem to consume the lye buckets, only the tallow, and produces nothing (the normal 1 at a time reaction works fine)
3) The brewery only contains the turning blood into bloodwine reaction. I understand that the custom brewing reactions were disabled, were the sugar ones as well?
4) Not sure what causes this but sometimes when my dwarves use the kitchen or the crematorium they get sick - nausea, followed by fever and vomitting, and their stomach looks bruised. But then they get well. Not sure what the cause of it is and whether it's connected to the kitchen/crematorium at all. Seems to only happen there though, and only when making stuff with meat, not plants.
5) I bought a genie, and it died mysteriously after a season or two for no reason and I can tell. And since then every so often (~2weeks?) the dwarves "find" his corpse, or tell me that he's missing. Even though his corpse is just sitting in the refuse pile.
6) It seems like you can drain blood from already cooked prepared food. Maybe not a "bug" in principle but certainly annoying heh.
7) I had a fisherdwarf caste child that showed up with the fisher labels enabled. Nice you may say. Until he got kidnapped by a snatcher cause he was always somewhere outside fishing heh.

As you can tell these are all minor issues, the mod is great.

Also, I did some weapons testing people might find interesting. It's all group fights, 5vs5 in the small 2x2 boxes provided in the new arena. All dwarves wearing mithril armor/weapons/tower shields with great weapons/fighter proficiencies, and accomplished dodge/shield/armor. I did 5 tests of each weapons matchup, they were:

zweihandlers vs. battle axes
zweihandlers vs. pikes
great axes vs. battle axes
great axes vs. pikes
battle axes vs. pikes

Both 2h weapons got beaten, only winning 1 of the 10 total contests they had vs the 1h weapons. The pikes then beat the battle axes 5 out of 5 times as well. I then also tested warhammers vs. pikes and the pike predictably got beaten only winning 1 out of the 5 contests. Of course, vs large creatures, hammerdwarves have their issues heh.

One thing I can't find info on.. does it matter what type of strands you use for runic weapon? i.e. silver or gold?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:38:40 pm by ioi101 »
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 749