Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837666 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5505 on: July 04, 2012, 09:25:09 am »

Just check your memory usage. Meph do you patch exe to use more than 2gb of memory? It can crash then your full history and all goes to that 2gb point and then crash as 32bit application native problem. It can be avoided a little by using a patcher which can make DF exe file use up to 3.2 gb (around that depending on your hardware (and actually better hardware here usually makes less memory avaible)). Still it can give you 1.5 times more memory.

edit - a little PS question.
Meph why does your norrium and such plants have a FREQUENCY and CLUSTERSIZE? They have no biome so those tags are redundant. Or am i wrong on this?
edit2 - i wrote Meph's name with a typo:(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:46:33 am by Tierre »

g1real

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: July 04, 2012, 01:22:10 pm »

I'm trying to get some silver thread woven but it seems I'm missing a step or something in the process. I have galena and some silver bars smolten from galena. Can I only use native silver for weaving from the stone or something?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: July 04, 2012, 03:11:22 pm »

Just saw a wild steelclad horse, is that supposed to happen?

Also it's absolutely terrifying to watch undead horse steel go on a killing spree. It kicked five griffons to death.

edit: I've been noticing numerous veins and clusters of Alunite that sometimes behave as aquifers in mineral rich worlds.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:27:54 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: July 04, 2012, 07:26:11 pm »

Newb question --

How can I tell which crops that my dwarves will be able to grow without out-right buying the seeds?  Why is it that some crops can be grown while others cannot?

For example, I can buy watermelon seeds, but I can't figure out how to plant them.  I can plant purple mints, however. (This holds true no matter the season.)  In fact, the plantable crops seem to change game-to-game, but there's never very many of them.

Can someone shine some light on what may be going on here?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5509 on: July 04, 2012, 09:17:50 pm »

It depends on the biome. Some might only grow in tropical climate, others in the tundra... Check the folder: Guides&Readmes and open this file: New Plants Guide.htm
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: July 04, 2012, 09:36:37 pm »

I question regarding special units you get via transformation: are they still normal, controllable dwarfs? As in, do they retain equipment, military squad status etc, or are they treated as friendly pets, like golems?

Also, making philosopher's stone is !!FUN!!. I promised to myself that I am going to wait to have components for 20 attempts before trying, and I am very close now (after 3 or so in-game years)...just need to finish the mercury production, mwahahah.

EDIT: Components gathered! Armok, do not cheat me now...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:38:14 pm by Stormbuilder »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5511 on: July 04, 2012, 09:40:25 pm »

or are they treated as friendly pets, like golems?
Only the golems you buy are regarded to as pets. The others are a new creature, no pet tag, can join the military, but cant do labors. Mages on the other hand, they are normal dwarves, can do labor, all as usual, just that they kick ass alot.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: July 04, 2012, 09:47:38 pm »

Do they retain the skills / equipment etc. ?

I guess what I am asking is, would it make sense for me to earthbound my UristMcDevastator, guy with legendary axe, fighter and doger skills?

Also, mod balancing question: doesn't the fountain's swim ability (heal/no aging) make the elixir of life obsolete? Unless it can't restore missing limbs, of course, but even them the difference seems quite small, and elixir of life does not seem worth it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5513 on: July 04, 2012, 10:11:13 pm »

They retain their skills, but probably drop their gear... but they can pick it up again.

About the swim/elixir:Yes, i noticed that too... had no time to change it yet, will be done in the big update.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: July 04, 2012, 10:30:17 pm »

Rather than nerfing the fountain, it may be interesting to give some interesting addition to the life elixir...after all, 1 philo stone is a load of work.

I am not sure what is possible to do, but perhaps something among the lines of max all physical/mental attributes?

Also, would it be possible to change the "destroy aether" reaction so that it destroys them in smaller increments? otherwise if something goes awry you have 1000 pieces to cut into gems...which takes a while.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: July 05, 2012, 12:49:52 am »

Well, 20 attempts at a philo stone and no stone created...12% chance of this happening.

Sigh. 3 years of caravan management, and 0 result.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: July 05, 2012, 01:48:53 am »

couldn't you just DIE fortress in dfhack and reload?:)

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: July 05, 2012, 02:52:32 am »

Rather than nerfing the fountain, it may be interesting to give some interesting addition to the life elixir...after all, 1 philo stone is a load of work.

I am not sure what is possible to do, but perhaps something among the lines of max all physical/mental attributes?

Also, would it be possible to change the "destroy aether" reaction so that it destroys them in smaller increments? otherwise if something goes awry you have 1000 pieces to cut into gems...which takes a while.

How about rapid regen/healing for the philo stone?

Also, 1000 free gems for gemcrafting or ammunition? considering a set of gembolts is min about 900 Dbucks, that is a LOT of money. I was getting about 5k for masterwork gembolts. It's also a LOT of ammo, coming up to 25,000 bolts all up. Just set you military to gemcutters only, that way any soldiers not training cut gems and make ammo :P
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: July 05, 2012, 06:44:09 am »

I'm trying to get some silver thread woven but it seems I'm missing a step or something in the process. I have galena and some silver bars smolten from galena. Can I only use native silver for weaving from the stone or something?
You need silver bars then a dwarf with the strand extraction labour uses the extract silver strands job at the craft workshop. There's still the old extract metal strands job but that's only for adamantine.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: July 05, 2012, 07:10:50 am »

Hey Meph, could you add some sort of terractotta army style golem? (Only it dosn't require a dwarf to be transofrmed) i was thinking at say, the magma temple or some other building, you would need a clay statue, and 3 scrolls of life (That are created at a library) that also need to be dipped in the fountain of youth. They could be easily broken but mass producable once you have the appropriate items :) I dunno if I was so clear explaining that.. so if clarification is needed feel free to ask  :P
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 749