Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837709 times)

AssassinT90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5490 on: July 03, 2012, 07:57:20 pm »

Did you guys ever have trouble with the ink man's ink? Just a single goddamn ink man managed to kill around 30 of my dwarves and all my animals.

My dwarves who didn't get killed by the ink kept spreading it all over the map. Some migrants would die, others wouldn't. All the invaders and animals were killed by the ink after a given exposure time.

Oh, and the cause of death is always suffocation.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: July 03, 2012, 08:05:03 pm »

Yep, I usually mod them out. I don't like the idea of a common creature with such an easily spread fatal syndrome.

A Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: July 03, 2012, 08:28:40 pm »

Yep, I usually mod them out. I don't like the idea of a common creature with such an easily spread fatal syndrome.

How would I do that?

First embark of masterwork and a Inkman was literally the first creature I saw. He one shot'd 2 of my poor dorfs :(

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: July 03, 2012, 08:44:46 pm »

How would I do that?

First embark of masterwork and a Inkman was literally the first creature I saw. He one shot'd 2 of my poor dorfs :(
Pretty simple. Just go into the raws and find the INKMAN creature entry then remove all traces of it. If you need more than that you should probably check out the wiki on modding.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5494 on: July 03, 2012, 11:06:06 pm »

Another Masterwork Mod Succession Fort (unofficial) wants to start, so anyone who wants a turn, here is the thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=112644.msg3423284#msg3423284

Mh.. sorry for that... Inkmen are part of the dwarf chocolate mod, somehow I start to believe that half of the creatures are unbalanced... have to talk to Seth Creiyd about that, I think he would like the feedback.

PS: I got the reference to XKCD as well. But cant proof it, now that it is out. ^^

Cageburning with content is ok I guess, nothing I could mod about it. Cage is cage, no matter if empty or full. (or does the empty tag work on them, have to test)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AssassinT90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: July 04, 2012, 02:13:30 am »

Well, I managed to find the ink man in creature_magical_ff.txt, in the folder data\save\region2\raw\objects.

Removed his syndrome (upon contact with ink, causes numbness, nausea and ultimately stops organ functions), but the problem wasn't the syndrome. It was the ink. Apparently, an ink man has enough ink to spread through my whole map. Seriously, my dwarves spread it through a WHOLE layer.
Also, the ink just wouldn't go away (I was in a tundra so no rains) nor it would freeze. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what destroyed my fortress.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: July 04, 2012, 02:16:16 am »

Why not use DFhack and clean all option? And the syndrom is in the ink - if you modded that out it ill stop killing them. Just a lot of ink on the floor:)

hood

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: July 04, 2012, 02:58:26 am »

Thank you, Meph.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: July 04, 2012, 03:01:44 am »

@thistleknot: That is a vanilla bug. See here for more info: DFFD savegame of a unmodded save having the same crash.

EDIT: I searched the forum a bit, seems like a mostly adv. mode related bug that leads to crashes. I can occur in 34.11 and hast most likely nothing to do with the mod, since umodded saves have it as well.

ur so diligent, thanks

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: July 04, 2012, 03:21:48 am »

Just add it to the end of plants_masterwork.txt Also delete that opening square bracket in the middle of each plant... it can ruin raws:(
[DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:0:0:1]
   [GROWDUR:1425]
   [
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
Gen a new world and those plants will be there for you.... i mean at elves:) They won't be anywhere else - don't forget to turn storage on.

can't find a plants_masterwork.txt file, I did a search at the root of the folder for plants*.*

found it

it's plant_masterwork.txt
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:30:05 am by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: July 04, 2012, 03:43:01 am »

does anyone know of a good site to do mod hosting from?

I mean, that plant fix is a good one.  It would be nice if there was a way the files could be sorted (i.e. picked out from within the thread) on the front page that are going to be included in next mod release, so diy'ers like me can plug them in without hunting through the forum piece meal modding it.

AssassinT90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: July 04, 2012, 03:48:26 am »

Why not use DFhack and clean all option? And the syndrom is in the ink - if you modded that out it ill stop killing them. Just a lot of ink on the floor:)
I had no idea I could do that with DFhack. Well, thanks. I'll do that in my next fortress should I have a similar problem.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:49:00 am by AssassinT90 »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: July 04, 2012, 04:47:40 am »

more crashes, different errors (I was losing this fort anyways, so... don't mind as much this time) (game just quits, no messages). tried on two saves, different spots, still crashed (invasion mind you)

errorlog quip
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

gamelog quip
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: July 04, 2012, 05:53:01 am »

I'm having trouble generating worlds more than 400 years, almost always crashes when it tries to compile. It's apparently also impossible to stay in the Age of Myth for longer than 150 years even if I vastly increase the number of beast sites and caves. I assume some of the stronger civs are wiping them out but its sad to play in the Age of Heroes since there are less megabeasts :(

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: July 04, 2012, 08:05:21 am »

I'm having trouble generating worlds more than 400 years, almost always crashes when it tries to compile. It's apparently also impossible to stay in the Age of Myth for longer than 150 years even if I vastly increase the number of beast sites and caves. I assume some of the stronger civs are wiping them out but its sad to play in the Age of Heroes since there are less megabeasts :(

Which races are active? Ive heard strong civs can be devastating to other civs and megabeasts. War Elephants could have the potential to fall into this category.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 749