Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837775 times)

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5475 on: July 03, 2012, 11:39:22 am »

edit: I will post this up again after tests
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:11:02 pm by Stormbuilder »

hood

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: July 03, 2012, 12:45:33 pm »

Creature spawning does not work in my Masterwork DF. Dwarfs just put decoys, turrets and landmines inside the spawn point. In addition,  reactions that create "Transformation" or "Shapeshift" have no effect too.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Version 1.9.3

Doren

• Bay Watcher
  • On closer inspection, that dog is a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: July 03, 2012, 01:22:48 pm »

if the dwarf runs away from the spawnpoint too fast, sometimes he doesn't get caught into "spawnstone" vapors. If so, he doesn't spawn anything.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: July 03, 2012, 01:49:29 pm »

QUESTION:

How does the armory decide which specific armor to upgrade with the plates? As in, I have a lot of steel breastplates, and just started making candy breastplates. How can I make sure that it is the candy armor that becomes platemail?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: July 03, 2012, 01:57:39 pm »

QUESTION:

How does the armory decide which specific armor to upgrade with the plates? As in, I have a lot of steel breastplates, and just started making candy breastplates. How can I make sure that it is the candy armor that becomes platemail?
I've assumed it's just the usual behaviour where the armourer uses the closest items to the workshop. On the plus side the plate material doesn't matter, it's the material of the armour that determines the material of the plate armour. So you can upgrade adamantine breastplates with copper plates, which is nice for me as I have loads of tetrahedrite and malachite!

Had an odd bug where the human caravan got ambushed by automatons and one of the wagons zoomed at high speed to my depot then left straight away to leave te map. I thought it was some oddity where a prototype had hit the wagon so hard it was propelled away but as it went to the depot I don't think that was it. On a related note, are automatons meant to be able to shoot as they have names like Sharpshooter? I've only ever seen them melee. Also prototypes hurt, one headpunched it's way through loads of my best military. But then DF crashed and I got to play it again a bit more safely!

Also very nice photos, I've seen this one several times before. Where/what is it?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:03:12 pm by Torgan »

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: July 03, 2012, 02:19:29 pm »

QUESTION:

I've assumed it's just the usual behaviour where the armourer uses the closest items to the workshop. On the plus side the plate material doesn't matter, it's the material of the armour that determines the material of the plate armour. So you can upgrade adamantine breastplates with copper plates, which is nice for me as I have loads of tetrahedrite and malachite!

That sounds great! I was worried about needing steel to make the armorplates, but apparently they don't matter. I'll just unleash the copper smelters then.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: July 03, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »

What is material_size? Is this how many bars it take to make something, a fraction of bars, or does it mean something else?  If this is something else then what tells an item how many bars it will require to be made?

If this has been answered somewhere or is in the DF Wiki please give me the link. 

Thank You

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: July 03, 2012, 03:30:53 pm »

looks like you'll come within a couple blocks of my house in new jersey meph >:)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5483 on: July 03, 2012, 03:45:21 pm »

looks like you'll come within a couple blocks of my house in new jersey meph >
I'd be happy to pay a visit to you :)

What is material_size? Is this how many bars it take to make something, a fraction of bars, or does it mean something else?  If this is something else then what tells an item how many bars it will require to be made?
It should be on the wiki, but it is the amount of bars... 3 material size equals 1 bar, at least the last time I checked. Previous versions had 1=1 and 6=1, so better check ;)

Also very nice photos, I've seen this one several times before. Where/what is it?
Antelope Canyon, near Page, Arizona.

Creature spawning does not work in my Masterwork DF. Dwarfs just put decoys, turrets and landmines inside the spawn point. In addition,  reactions that create "Transformation" or "Shapeshift" have no effect too.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong?
Silly question, but is your temperature ON ? Otherwise it will never work...

Am I missing something, or has the production of candy (the metal) changed? I can't find the extract strands option.
Same as always, Extract Metal Strands in the Craftsdwarf... hardcoded, cant touch it anyway.

So, im completely unable to view the help manual at all. " Navigation to the webpage was canceled" is all I get. :-< Any ideas whats wrong?
No idea. it is offline and doesnt need anything to run. Do you use Windows ? It is a chm. file, windows help file...

My armourer just made a mithril reignplate armor.... Is that a good artifact?
Yes, it is better then steel and the armor itself is as good as platemail, meaning better then a breastplate.

Possible adventure mode bug with arrows. Every shot seems to be passing right through targets. I'd expect them to pass through skeletal creatures, but not things like beak dogs, grave cats and HORSES...hopefully the combat rebuild+Masterwork rebuild will fix it if it's not a small thing. In the meantime, SLICEY DICEY AWAY
No idea... again, Adv.mode is not really my thing, help appreciated. Thanks for the report though.

are automatons meant to be able to shoot as they have names like Sharpshooter?
Yeah, they should bring guns, but somehow are too stupid to do so. Will spend a lot more thought on the entities/races next time.

Offtopic: Carlsbad Caverns are great, Batflight was nice to see, I am back in Roswell now, and head towards the R66 again. Alls good, and I am spending way less money then I thought these last days... :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: July 03, 2012, 04:50:45 pm »

Material_Size:3 = 1 bar in current version, scaling up from there.

I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: July 03, 2012, 05:15:22 pm »

edit: Nevermind got it working :)

There is nothing more annoying that seeing a post/thread with your exact same problem and a simple response from the OP saying "EDIT:Fixed!".
HOW!? WHAT!? WHERE!? WHEN!? WHO!!??

If you fix a problem, please don't edit away the details of the problem and if possible leave details of the fix as well in case someone else runs into it.

(cookie to whoever gets the reference, google will not help you here)
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: July 03, 2012, 05:43:16 pm »

There is nothing more annoying that seeing a post/thread with your exact same problem and a simple response from the OP saying "EDIT:Fixed!".

If you fix a problem, please don't edit away the details of the problem and if possible leave details of the fix as well in case someone else runs into it.

I want my cookie: http://xkcd.com/979/

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: July 03, 2012, 05:55:02 pm »

Ahaha, fair enough.

My "problem" was that I had completely forgotten about "extract metal strand" meaning "extract adamantine" and was vainly looking for "extract adamantine strand" in the U-M-Q menu, then the raws etc etc.

I got to the point in which I wrote an extract adamantine strand reaction, learned that you have to edit the save raws by substituting it to an existing formula and then I though..."wait a second...oh god why am I so dumb".

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: July 03, 2012, 06:10:49 pm »

Not sure if bug or intended, but burning cages at the crematorium also gets rid of their contents, you don't get more ash or anything, they just go away, had this happen with captured invaders as well as with wild animals in cages. My guess is this might work on fire immune enemies too, which is a little odd.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: July 03, 2012, 06:16:04 pm »

I want my cookie: http://xkcd.com/979/
You get half a cookie. That comic is why I posted this post, but I have another reference that rewards full cookies.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 749