Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837757 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5400 on: June 28, 2012, 07:10:00 pm »

feature request:

make a set of armor?

I don't know if you have to have a rule for every type of metal...  but it would be nice to have a defacto set of armor (plate, mail, shield (maybe a buckler vs shield option), greaves, leggings, etc).

same for leather (minus the shield's).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5401 on: June 28, 2012, 08:00:53 pm »

feature request:

make a set of armor?
Feature is already in the game, just build an armory. Helm, breastplate, greaves, 2 boots and a shield, all in one reaction.

So I just started using DFhack to screw around with weapons last night.
Is there a way to add runes to weapons that way?
Like say I just change a copper zweihander, and converted it to a masterwork iridium zweihander. Is there a command to make it a runic iridium zweihander?
I wouldnt know. Ask in the dfhack thread. ^^ the runic zweihander is a different weapon altogether.

Had a question about the animated armours in the cavern. I killed one (and quite impressed by the attacks passing through it in the combat log!) then was able to butcher it leaving animated armour helm, plate boot, spikegreaves etc in my butcher workshop. It's not being moved to any stockpiles so is it meant to be able to be used as armour? I can't see it as an option when I try and equip my dwarves with a specific boot for example, the Animated Armour Plate Boot isn't there.
They are a Genesis Mod creature. The bodyparts should work as armor, shields and so on, but appearently the bodypart token is broken (the same reason that the pet armor recycling didnt work) Nothing I could do about it, but thanks for the report.

I'm intrested if anyone had successful silkworm silk farm. Mine is just not working. I built closed room with hives, put there 5 worms - got no result. Tried the same thing on the surface - got no result.
Anyway, reader, If you did it, consider giving a hint . Detailed hint.

Beekeepers should harvest it in time... but for the next version I will make it a lot simpler, by just making it a shearing/milking reaction. Not using vermin creatures, but full size creatures for silk farming.

I try to build a Golem Forge and acquired a Golem Heart from the drow. But whenever I try to build the forge I get a error message: "Need Golem Heart". What in the holy name of Armok am I doing wrong?
Ups, my mistake. Someone mentioned that the golem heart from the temple wouldnt work, since I used a "tool" for it, and the building wanted a "toy" itemtype. So I changed it to "toy"... forgot about the golem hearts the drow trade... because they still bring the tool version.

2 Options to fix it:
1. Build a temple and pray for a golem heart. These work.
2. Open the building_golem and replace the TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BLUEPRINT_GOLEM with TOY:ITEM_TOY_BLUEPRINT_GOLEM. This should work in a running game, so make sure to change it in the raws of the data/save/ folder.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: June 28, 2012, 08:30:17 pm »

How many times is this now, Meph? Tools. Toys. They're all the same to you, aren't they?!

/joking

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: June 28, 2012, 10:09:34 pm »

meph - best version yet! this really seems quite mature and stable to me now, but i did have a couple of questions still:

- do the "animal people" and "giant animal" buttons actually work? i'm not having any luck, and i've gone into the raws in c_variation_default to mess with the DOES_NOT_EXIST tags etc. whenever i generate worlds, no matter whether the button is enabled or disabled, and no matter whether the DOES_NOT_EXIST tags are there or not, i always get animal people (and beer people etc) and giant animals, as evidenced by sites_and_pops.txt. any idea what's going on here?

- the illithids are still crashing worldgen, for whatever reason. i have no idea why this would be the case but it certainly seems to be. once i disabled them everything seemed to be working fine. if they're not disabled by default, maybe they should be!

i'll let you know what else i notice as i develop this current fort. absolutely all the best and thanks again for such a wonderful mod -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: June 28, 2012, 10:27:11 pm »

I am having an issue I think.  It may be intended.  Body parts keep coming to life.  It is mostly skin at my tanner shop but also bones, and wool.  I have stationed war mastiffs by all refuse stockpiles and they are handling it but it is fairly irritating.  I have looked for some kind of message in the Alerts and Reports menus but nothing is jumping out.  No pentagram drawing, raises the dead, or even an evil laugh...  Am I missing something? 

Is this normal behavior now?  If not, what am I missing?  I haven't quite figured out the Ward thing yet though I bought one.  There are lots of options for wards, any recommendations as what to try?

I butchered an animal. It's skin kept coming alive. 5 years later and it was still regularly reanimating.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5405 on: June 28, 2012, 10:37:42 pm »

How many times is this now, Meph? Tools. Toys. They're all the same to you, aren't they?!
Imagine how stupid I feel ^^ It is just that I am travelling, and then do DF on the side with wifi while camping. Believe me,I am looking forward to code on a real PC in a stable environment.

I butchered an animal. It's skin kept coming alive. 5 years later and it was still regularly reanimating.
Evil biome ? Necromancer in Fort ? Maybe stealth "dwarf chocolate" über-wizard ? (these are sometimes unbalanced, but rather rare)

meph - best version yet! this really seems quite mature and stable to me now, but i did have a couple of questions still:

- do the "animal people" and "giant animal" buttons actually work? i'm not having any luck, and i've gone into the raws in c_variation_default to mess with the DOES_NOT_EXIST tags etc. whenever i generate worlds, no matter whether the button is enabled or disabled, and no matter whether the DOES_NOT_EXIST tags are there or not, i always get animal people (and beer people etc) and giant animals, as evidenced by sites_and_pops.txt. any idea what's going on here?

- the illithids are still crashing worldgen, for whatever reason. i have no idea why this would be the case but it certainly seems to be. once i disabled them everything seemed to be working fine. if they're not disabled by default, maybe they should be!
Thanks ! :)

Illithids are off by default, no idea why the crash the worldgen for most (some?) people. Never crashes on me... The animalman/giant versions should work, at least the entire syntax is correct. If the creature_variation does not work (like I say, I dont play,so cant test it myself) I can do it differently. The beer/hair/gingerbread men and so on, they are NOT part of that button btw.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: June 28, 2012, 10:45:45 pm »

I am having a similar problem as AirPhorce.  On a fresh embark, a cougar killed 2 of my dogs, now there dog heads running around attacking everything.  I have a necromancy ward pastured right by the wagon and nothing has happened.  I am in a haunted biome though.  Will this cause random body parts to come to life?  I quit the last game because I could not figure out what was causing the same issue. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5407 on: June 28, 2012, 10:52:26 pm »

I am in a haunted biome though.
Ehm... this is a vanilla feature. Every corpse and bodypart will always come alive, unlimited times, in all evil biomes. This is nothing I modded. You can turn this off by genning a world with 0 regional effects in worldgen, if I am not wrong. Should be next to nightcreatures and vampires and such.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: June 28, 2012, 11:05:08 pm »

Huhn, I always played with evil biomes and never noticed this before the last game.  Is this a new feature of vanilla from the last couple of versions or something?  Maybe I have always unknowingly had my stockpiles in non evil regions of the map. 

If I do the 0 regional effect thing will it turn off all the other cool features for evil biomes and the evil biome specific creatures or just the irritating oh, I getting attacked by more skin thing?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5409 on: June 28, 2012, 11:51:55 pm »

Code: [Select]
[DEMON_NUMBER:0]
[NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:0]
[BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:0]
[VAMPIRE_NUMBER:0]
[WEREBEAST_NUMBER:0]
[SECRET_NUMBER:0]
[REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:0]  <<<=== This one you want to have ZERO
[DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:0]
[EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:0]
[EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:0]

There you go. All the rest, as you can see, is individual set-able. And it is a feature since the big update from 31.25 to 34.XX

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: June 29, 2012, 12:11:18 am »

Huhn, I always played with evil biomes and never noticed this before the last game.  Is this a new feature of vanilla from the last couple of versions or something?  Maybe I have always unknowingly had my stockpiles in non evil regions of the map. 

If I do the 0 regional effect thing will it turn off all the other cool features for evil biomes and the evil biome specific creatures or just the irritating oh, I getting attacked by more skin thing?

Not all evil biomes ressurect the dead. If your site has dead trees and zombies meandering through it then you're going to have a zombie problem.  I try to embark on split evil biomes so there's a chance that at least one half of the map won't have a zombie infestation, I doubt that's whwat's happening to you because there would probably be a very well defined line separating the dead side with the living but still evil side.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: June 29, 2012, 12:18:31 am »

Meph, You have all this cool stuff going on in your real life, keeping up this mod, people griping about bugs and changes to the mod, and yet you still take the time to help us with all our silly questions and point us in the right direction when needed.  I just want to say thank you man.  I and I know most everyone in this forum truly appreciate you and all you do for us.  Thank You.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: June 29, 2012, 04:08:22 am »

Meph - about animal people. We had this thing discussed with Hugo 2 times already:) You need to add [CV_REMOVE_TAG:BIOME] to creature variation.. This will fix it. Biome tag overrides DOES_NOT_EXIST obviously.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: June 29, 2012, 07:16:58 am »

The disabling of animal men works for me, though.

Currently testing dragon breeding. How long does it take for an egg do hatch? I can't wait to raise an army of armored war trained dragons.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:19:04 am by mglarev »

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:00 am »

The bigger the animal (or actually its egg size) - the longer it takes. For dragon it should be something like 9 months i believe (might be wrong :) Never delved in dragons a lot yet).
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 749