Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838021 times)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5190 on: June 21, 2012, 11:59:25 am »

i'm having a problem with world gen, with Ittilids (whatever there name is) off.
He gens until Placing Civilizations, and then He crashes.
Do you have any idee what this is?

What settings are you using for world gen?

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: June 21, 2012, 12:00:59 pm »

Sandbox with less embark points and more ocean borders.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: June 21, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »

Got another world gen recipe designed for Masterwork but this time it's a specific one with a seed so you can see what the embark is going to look like. It has a river and a flat volcano, the details, including screenshots are here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101280.msg3391464#msg3391464

It's balanced for 9 races, I go for Dwarf, Elf, Human, Automation, Deep Drow (evil ones), Goblins, Orcs, Kobolds and Ice Giants. Unfortunately the Automations didn't make it, all 4 civs failed, one hangs in there until 358 but the other 3 die around 80. Three of the four Ice Giants take a beating and exist only as remnants with a population of less then 100 but the 4th one is doing fine with over 10k in the year 360. The Orcs and Deep Drow are doing fine but the dominant race actually seems to be Dwarves. There are also over 300 Water Dragon megabeasts, some with a long history of kills so be careful!

That said, if you are going to miss the Automations you may want to randomise the historical seed as see if it turns out much different.

Didn't want to go on about the Masterwork mod too much in the world gen cookbook thread but there is quite a bit of compacted peat and wolfram in the upper layers. Despite the high megabeat levels in 3 years I've only had one Deep Drow werelizard, and a Griffon. Told all my dudes to get inside but one hunter decided to take a single parting shot at the Griffon:

Sandbox with less embark points and more ocean borders.

Sandbox? Like pocket sized? Maybe too many civs for the available space, it can't place them all. Post the details if you like in the cookbook and I'll give you some pointers.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: June 21, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »

Sandbox from Masterwork mod
Or the Easy starters world.

But it's oke, i just redownloaded Masterwork and now it works.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: June 21, 2012, 01:05:37 pm »

I'm not sure if it is a masterwork issue, but this sounds very strange.
Short summary of my situation: I am sieged by humans and just sent my 3-man-militia armed with welded mithril equipment to charge at the human force. The humans are all infantry, except for one riding a giant rattlesnake. My dwarves are assisted by 2 copper and 1 iron golem.

Now this is what happened:

What i want to point out is this part:

What is this supposed to mean and how did it happen?

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: June 21, 2012, 01:10:45 pm »

I'm not sure if it is a masterwork issue, but this sounds very strange.
Short summary of my situation: I am sieged by humans and just sent my 3-man-militia armed with welded mithril equipment to charge at the human force. The humans are all infantry, except for one riding a giant rattlesnake. My dwarves are assisted by 2 copper and 1 iron golem.

Now this is what happened:

What i want to point out is this part:

What is this supposed to mean and how did it happen?

Yeah, i had the same thing sometime.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: June 21, 2012, 01:14:25 pm »

Sandbox from Masterwork mod
Or the Easy starters world.

But it's oke, i just redownloaded Masterwork and now it works.

Cool, possibly the extra oceans were cutting down on the available space. I make of copy of the profile before messing with it so I can revert without having to download the whole game all over again!

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: June 21, 2012, 01:40:34 pm »

Like I said before, I cant find the fault in the raws for the brewery, so I will just do a lot of bruteforce testing till I find a version of the reaction that actually works. ^^

is it possible that the "/" character in the token "REAGENT:barrel/pot" is breaking the token?

Yes, I tried to replace them. It works.

REAGENT:barrel/pot with REAGENT:barrel

EDIT: don't work finally... =/

I think have found!

Deactivate new features of Still (Misc Features) in launcher seems work, i have deactivated Brewery too, idk if it's useful for this problem resolution.

PS: need to a create a new world for this work fine.

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: June 21, 2012, 03:04:50 pm »

I've been trying to make a golem for a while.
I have an iron golem cast, a few iron longswords, a few golem hearts, and some iron mechanisms. Every time I try to make the golem, all I get is a blinding flash of light.
Am I doing something wrong, or am I supposed to be doing something with the blinding flash of light?

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: June 21, 2012, 03:28:07 pm »

Is there any way to disable everything other than the new creatures and various other cosmetic features (new crafts/enravings)?

Last time I tried this mod there was a few builtin features like simple clothing that I couldn't disable. I just want the vanilla game but with the creatures and cosmetic crap.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: June 21, 2012, 03:59:31 pm »

Why did the dwarven caravan just catch on fire?  I've had this happen before.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: June 21, 2012, 04:04:15 pm »

@Speakafreak22 - Golems are a "chance" to become a golem, cause of how the code works. it cant be made 100% as far as i know so you have to keep trying (and possibly loosing those swords), but don't bother created golems are broken and are complete and utter sissies cause you can not war train them and run from groundhogs.

@Weaselcake, wait till the next Masterwork, thats one of the goals meph has outlined for his reworking of the whole thing

@Lightningfalcon, sometimes  the caravan brings an item that burns at room temprature, something they're not supposed to bring, its a bug, amusing but still. one did manage to catch a few of my dwarves on fire once...

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: June 21, 2012, 04:07:18 pm »

@Speakafreak22 - Golems are a "chance" to become a golem, cause of how the code works. it cant be made 100% as far as i know so you have to keep trying (and possibly loosing those swords), but don't bother created golems are broken and are complete and utter sissies cause you can not war train them and run from groundhogs.

Do you know the success rate % of the golems? I've created and lost about 20 long swords so far trying to make one, lol.
And is it possibly to modify them with [NO_FEAR] and a few other tags to make them as good as bought golems?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5203 on: June 21, 2012, 08:07:56 pm »

Is there any way to disable everything other than the new creatures and various other cosmetic features (new crafts/enravings)?

Last time I tried this mod there was a few builtin features like simple clothing that I couldn't disable. I just want the vanilla game but with the creatures and cosmetic crap.
Patience. You will get exactly this once I work on the restart, in 3 months.

Why did the dwarven caravan just catch on fire?  I've had this happen before.
Because they had a bag full of magma. Dont ask me why or how.

Do you know the success rate % of the golems? I've created and lost about 20 long swords so far trying to make one, lol.
Try station military dwarves on the workshop, 10, 20, as many as you like. You should get several golems that way with only one try.

REAGENT:barrel/pot with REAGENT:barrel
Guys. You dont realize how the raws work. The barrel/pot is just a name. It could be "zzyzyx" for all that I care, the entire reaction will work the same.

1) Small bug in the launcher?: The "secret fun" option doesn't seem to remember its setting when you close and re-open the launcher.

2) Some  errorlog stuff that I get repeatedly.  re: The TEARS_OF_ARMOK and WARPSTONE_SOLID errors, I play with Harder Mining turned off, but it looks like there are some reactions looking for them anyway.  The other stuff, no idea.
Thanks. The first one is new to me, the second one I knew about.

I am now, after 9 days, in Monument Valley, or at least nearby. 22miles to go. Have done 1300km so far, about 5000km to go. Rest is all good, even if it is a bit warm here.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: June 21, 2012, 08:30:25 pm »

Quick question: What do silkworms do? Curious, I brought four of them with me on my embark. I assumed that they would spin their silk like spiders do, but they are just wigglin' around in a closed off area for two seasons now doing nothing. Do they do anything or am I just dumb and missing something? :D
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 749