Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838059 times)

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5160 on: June 20, 2012, 05:35:42 am »

Hey, I was trying to mod some of the Dwarf plants to grow above ground to give my Hill Dorfs a little more food options, but I cant seem to be able to drew or cook it correctly. There basically just renamed cave wheat (wheat), sweet pods (sugar beets), and quarry bushes (rock bushes) so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anybody help me out? Also, where are brewing reactions stored?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: June 20, 2012, 07:18:31 am »

From what I can tell, either you didnt copy/paste it right or your first plant is missing the "[" bracket in the beginning. That might have done it. I don't know enough about modding to know what else you needed to do.

Alternatively you could also copy/paste a few of the plants from the plant_florafaunaff file if you want some variety, or turn "More Plant Types" on for lots and lots and lots of above ground variety.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: June 20, 2012, 08:03:22 am »

@zenerbufen: Masterwork!

Possible bug (probably vanilla bug): I had a very long siege (took me about year to kill everything). Now every enemy is dead. But the (SIEGE) indicator at the top is still there.
Strange.

Do you maybe have a siege in the caverns also?  Or perhaps have some single sieger trapped somewhere, on a wall, in a pool, in a moat?  Some sieges last as long as even one attacker survives.

Nope, I cleared the cavern layers, too.

Waterplouf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: June 20, 2012, 09:12:08 am »

Hello,
I don't know if it's a bug or a bad configuration, but I their is a bug with the gender display ( the gender isn't displayed, their is only a * for everything ) in the embark screen with the masterwork font.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: June 20, 2012, 09:28:42 am »

It is a vanilla bug - turn Truetype off. Or press F12. SHould help.

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: June 20, 2012, 09:55:53 am »

It is a vanilla bug - turn Truetype off. Or press F12. SHould help.

F12 does work, but I'm not sure its a vanilla bug. I think its the font introduced with MW that doesn't display the symbols, at least, I never used to have issue with Phoebus.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: June 20, 2012, 09:57:50 am »

Meph i started a thread about raw parts of your mod. I hope you don't mind it. It may be easier for you to find mistakes then you start rebuilding your mod. And will help people who want to add somethign themselves without full functionality of Masterwork.

PS for Marc - It is a vanilla bug. I have heard of it quite a lot of times and not only in Masterwork - it is a TrueType problem. Well at leasti am 99% sure in this:)

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: June 20, 2012, 10:01:40 am »

Meph i started a thread about raw parts of your mod. I hope you don't mind it. It may be easier for you to find mistakes then you start rebuilding your mod. And will help people who want to add somethign themselves without full functionality of Masterwork.

PS for Marc - It is a vanilla bug. I have heard of it quite a lot of times and not only in Masterwork - it is a TrueType problem. Well at leasti am 99% sure in this:)

Fair enough, I can't recall when I started seeing the male/female symbols versus the the star - I was pretty sure it was when choosing the new font for MW but maybe coincidental. Makes things really annoying; same with identifying masterworks etc.

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: June 20, 2012, 10:20:23 am »

What (aside from .11 compat)) isn't working for SS, DFhack etc atm?

I checked out SoundSense, couldn't find source for it. One of my gripes atm is SS crashing every 5 minutes, or perhaps under heavy load. But w/o the source and debug symbols, not too keen on digging.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: June 20, 2012, 11:36:47 am »

(v)iew

Hail zenerbufen, creator of Stompinglizards, a pixel image!

loo(k)

This is a glorious picture made of pixels.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  On the item is an image of automatons riding sauropods, in action figures.  The sauropods are striking a menacing pose.  The automatons are holding on for their lives.  The artwork refers to the siege that Mglarev had this weekend.  On the item is an image of robot Jules Verne riding a cartoon snail, in pixels.  The robot Jules Verne is pantomiming the operation of an elliptical machine during a rainstorm.  The cartoon snail is startled.  The artwork refers to exploration of the human condition.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: June 20, 2012, 12:07:33 pm »

How do you gather driftwood?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: June 20, 2012, 12:28:54 pm »

How do you gather driftwood?

You don't. Driftwood is like surface boulders. They are little more than grass and just as ungatherable. This is standard for DF and I think hardcoded.

lp_228

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: June 20, 2012, 12:39:45 pm »

Is there a way to manage corpses? I got attacked by werebadger and pegasus - what do i do with corpses? My dwarwes don't want to move them to refuse pile, don't want to butcher them - is there a building which can use them?

Waterplouf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: June 20, 2012, 12:50:49 pm »

Effectively the true type seems to be the problem for the gender display, without it I have proper signs for male/female.
I was also wondering if Masterwork was worth for playing adventure mod ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5174 on: June 20, 2012, 01:01:02 pm »

Last that I remember (and that would be 3-4 Masterwork versions ago) Meph had no adv mode stuff. altho all the new critters might make it interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 749