Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838069 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5145 on: June 19, 2012, 06:38:48 pm »

Question-  Is Iridium light like Admantine?  I just had my weaponsmith make an iridium mace artifact, and wanted to know if it was awesome or useless.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: June 19, 2012, 07:15:29 pm »

Iridium is good for weapons, both cutting and blunt weapons. Bad for armor, though.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: June 19, 2012, 07:38:25 pm »

bye bye cruel bittersweet world of Masterwork.

I tried everything I could... I tried compiling dfhack and enabling a bunch of options, savescumming to past saves (which still had their own crashes), and even trying to load my game in a prior version, plus countless posts on bay12.

However, my 12 hour game has succumbed to terminal crashing.

Of course, my game is 34.11

So... Either I wait for a release, or move to vanilla.  So you guys won't see me here.

But...

it was fun.

Masterwork is awesome.

Just wish it was up to date (and not crashing).  I'm sure 34.10 might work (which in case it would be 34.11's fault, or the mod's fault working with 34.11), but I want to play 34.11, so... I guess that has a higher weight right now :(

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: June 19, 2012, 07:53:18 pm »

Possible bug (probably vanilla bug): I had a very long siege (took me about year to kill everything). Now every enemy is dead. But the (SIEGE) indicator at the top is still there.
Strange.

Do you maybe have a siege in the caverns also?  Or perhaps have some single sieger trapped somewhere, on a wall, in a pool, in a moat?  Some sieges last as long as even one attacker survives.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: June 19, 2012, 07:54:57 pm »

I tried everything I could... I tried compiling dfhack and enabling a bunch of options, savescumming to past saves (which still had their own crashes), and even trying to load my game in a prior version, plus countless posts on bay12.

So... Either I wait for a release, or move to vanilla.  So you guys won't see me here.

But...

it was fun.

Masterwork is awesome.

Just wish it was up to date (and not crashing).  I'm sure 34.10 might work (which in case it would be 34.11's fault, or the mod's fault working with 34.11), but I want to play 34.11, so... I guess that has a higher weight right now :(
I like to ask what did 11th patch did that makes jumping ship from 10 all that worth it?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: June 19, 2012, 07:56:57 pm »

But...

it was fun.

Masterwork is awesome.

I like to ask what did 11th patch did that makes jumping ship from 10 all that worth it?
I think the main draw is this:
(*) Stopped children from having missing/damaged clothing thoughts
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: June 19, 2012, 08:06:03 pm »

wait, we can update masterwork to 34.11?  I missed how to do that.   Does Dwarf Therapist work with it at least?  Been playing Genesis because it's my other go-to mod, but it's annoying how DT reads almost all the dwarven castes as female for it.

vanilla DT or my branch has incorrect castes?

My guess is it's vanilla (or as close to it as we get it these days).  I took the copy that was packaged in the LNP and copied it over to my Genesis and had the caste problems that seem to crop up, but this morning I actually was reading through the DT posts and saw your posted link to your project page and downloaded from there and it works splendidly, Splinterz.  Definate thank you for your work with DT.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: June 19, 2012, 09:07:18 pm »

Question-  Is Iridium light like Admantine?  I just had my weaponsmith make an iridium mace artifact, and wanted to know if it was awesome or useless.

[INORGANIC:IRIDIUM]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:7560]

[INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:200]

[INORGANIC:SILVER]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:10490]

[INORGANIC:STEEL]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:7850]

LabashtheMighty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: June 19, 2012, 10:03:20 pm »

I was recently playing this mod when one of my dwarves had a mood. In the end of it all he created a slademantine great axe aptly named Ethramakmut or The Ripe Ripper. Its total value in all is 1921200. You are not reading that wrong its worth is one-million nine hundred and twenty one thousand two-hundred dwarf bucks. Is this a glitch because the great artifact Planepacked is worth in total 3,105,600 which leads me to believe that this is far too valuable. Here is the description.                                                                                                                 This is a slademantine great axe. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of bone. On it is an image of a single cut gem in slademantine.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: June 19, 2012, 10:32:15 pm »

wait, we can update masterwork to 34.11?  I missed how to do that.   Does Dwarf Therapist work with it at least?

Not really, I posted instructions on how I upgraded my copy, which although it worked fine for my test forts seems to be causing graphics problems for others who have tried, plus it breaks therapist. I wouldn't recommend it. You should be able to copy over your save file when the next version of masterwork is released.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5155 on: June 19, 2012, 10:34:02 pm »

Yeah, still waiting to be done on the utilities. But honestly I dont think that the next version will add anything to it,except some bugfixes, both by me and toady.

The slademantine axe value is ok, I had an adamantine artefakt worth 3 million once.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

The_Final_Stand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: June 20, 2012, 01:47:39 am »

With regards to Planepacked, it's important to note that the most valuable material used in its construction was a few stones of native platinum. Native Platinum has a value modifier of 40. Slademantine has a value modifier of 300. And a Great Axe has a value modifier of 54. Artifacts have a quality mod of 120.

300*54*120 = 1944000
An artifact adamantine axe would be just as valuable.
Meph's one probably used more than one adamantine bar.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: June 20, 2012, 02:32:13 am »

I just read the change list for 34.11 then kept playing MW v1.9.2 and saying "ohh, this is much better" to myself (forgetting I don't actually have it yet).

Funny, I've been playing MW for about 200 hours and I've never had a crash outside world gen and never had burning rain as far as I know. Although I did have an unexplained fire on a wooden bridge which dumped a caravan in the river recently.

I've actually turned off disease and !fun! as I've seen it and now can't be bothered with ward herding. Plus once you get a king you can't order any more wards.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: June 20, 2012, 03:57:45 am »

It's been answered below but there's also a file in the Guides folder of Masterwork which explains all the metal values. And another for leather and wood. <3 all the guides explaining stuff so I don't need to hunt through the thread!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: June 20, 2012, 04:21:55 am »

PS: Someone really has to paint a glorious picture of an automaton siege riding sauropods. Just saying.
For the picture I suggest a siege I had this weekend: Automatons riding on giant snails and sauropods.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 749