Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838074 times)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5130 on: June 19, 2012, 08:51:46 am »

I could live with turrets powered by the souls of kittens.  8)

Or dog brian turrets, like the idea of chopping the brains out of an animal to stick in a turret.

Oh and I think wards should be made from sacrificing animals at the alter which could work with the transformation thing too.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:04:31 am by SAFry »

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:36 pm »

Some comments on features i tested:

Growing trees
Glorious! Just love the feature. The grow time for steeloak/netherwood seems to be a bit long (I think it is about a year). It could be three seasons to be more useful. The seed return on cutting the stuff in the timberyard is a bit low, I ran into some trouble when my intial supply of 10 seeds dropped to to three in after the first harvest.
Suggestions: Lower the growing time a bit, or increase the seed return a bit.

Golems
The new (non-fleeing) golems are great (and helpful!). Saved my migrants more than once. I have not figured out how to use the repair function of the Golem Forge, though.
Suggestions: None. Like it.

Turrets
Love the building system. Simple and elegant. I play with automatons, so I can get the clockwork parts. And I don't think you really need that many turrets if you do not fight automatons. I guess the deploying system can not fixed easily, but I have a suggestion.
Suggestion: Replace "Build turret case" and "Assemble turret" with "Develop turret plans" for each type of turret. Once you got the plans (which should be quite expensive.. you know). You can try to Deploy a turret as often as you want, without loosing the plans, just the additional materials for assembling (copper/slade bars, Silk, Mercury, ..). That way you can not set up an indefinite amount of turrets (because it still costs materials), but it would me much less annoying.

Great Magma Forge
Hooray! Love of. Period.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: June 19, 2012, 12:40:00 pm »

i seem to be unable to build a apothecarus. every time i try i get job item misplaced or destroyed. i have tried building it countless times only for it to repeat the same thing.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: June 19, 2012, 12:47:14 pm »

i seem to be unable to build a apothecarus. every time i try i get job item misplaced or destroyed. i have tried building it countless times only for it to repeat the same thing.

Hm. Worked for me yesterday. If i recognize correctly. You need mortar and pestle for that. These are toys. For testing purposes, try to set store them on a stockpile with bins set to 0. Sometimes strange bugs appear concerning items in bins or barrels.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5134 on: June 19, 2012, 12:52:32 pm »

Growing trees
Glorious! Just love the feature. The grow time for steeloak/netherwood seems to be a bit long (I think it is about a year). It could be three seasons to be more useful. The seed return on cutting the stuff in the timberyard is a bit low, I ran into some trouble when my intial supply of 10 seeds dropped to to three in after the first harvest.
Suggestions: Lower the growing time a bit, or increase the seed return a bit.

Golems
The new (non-fleeing) golems are great (and helpful!). Saved my migrants more than once. I have not figured out how to use the repair function of the Golem Forge, though.
Suggestions: None. Like it.

Turrets
Love the building system. Simple and elegant. I play with automatons, so I can get the clockwork parts. And I don't think you really need that many turrets if you do not fight automatons. I guess the deploying system can not fixed easily, but I have a suggestion.
Suggestion: Replace "Build turret case" and "Assemble turret" with "Develop turret plans" for each type of turret. Once you got the plans (which should be quite expensive.. you know). You can try to Deploy a turret as often as you want, without loosing the plans, just the additional materials for assembling (copper/slade bars, Silk, Mercury, ..). That way you can not set up an indefinite amount of turrets (because it still costs materials), but it would me much less annoying.

Great Magma Forge
Hooray! Love of. Period.

Thanks for the long report. The tree grow time and seed amount is balanced from my perspective though. Remember that a good grower can grow a stack of 5 trees from 1 seed. If you use fertilizer and have a high-level planter/farmer then you will not run out of seeds.

I like the idea with the turret plans, but I dont see how it would save materials/hassle. You mean bypassing the entire clockworkpart/turret case thing, and just make one turret plan that is reused, from salvaged automaton parts ?

PS: Someone really has to paint a glorious picture of an automaton siege riding sauropods. Just saying.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: June 19, 2012, 01:31:24 pm »

How do you build a Golem Forge?
i looked trough my List like  a hundred times, and i can't find it.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: June 19, 2012, 01:34:41 pm »

Thank you about the fertilization tip: Will try. There is always something new to learn about DF.

Concerning turrets: You may be right. It would still be nice to limit the loss of clockwork parts, though.

For the picture I suggest a siege I had this weekend: Automatons riding on giant snails and sauropods.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: June 19, 2012, 01:35:28 pm »

How do you build a Golem Forge?
i looked trough my List like  a hundred times, and i can't find it.

The Golem forge is named "Magma Golem Forge" and can be found in the furnance menu (b->e) after you discovered magma.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: June 19, 2012, 01:40:30 pm »

Oh, ihaven't found magmayet :(
Wait... what is a Giant Drow spider?
Is it dangerous?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: June 19, 2012, 02:26:59 pm »

Two worlds genned. Two embarks engulfed in Dragonfire clouds within 2 seasons. 2 clouds per season. Ugh.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: June 19, 2012, 02:41:47 pm »

Just got my second illness spreading. It kills the victims. And I notices a "ward" is not something you can construct. D'oh. Let us see where this ends.

Edit: There goes my legendary +5 farmer *cry*
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:49:02 pm by mglarev »

Rawb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: June 19, 2012, 05:33:06 pm »

I have just had a strange mood dwarf create a fracking Iridium Battle-Axe (worth 264,000!)...

Now that I need to prepare for the massive onslaught that my one year old fort (and 27 dwarves) has to protect against... How good would this be as a weapon for the Captain?!

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: June 19, 2012, 05:46:44 pm »

Congratulations :) Probably one of the best axes you can get. Apart from Adamantite of course.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #5143 on: June 19, 2012, 06:05:56 pm »

wait, we can update masterwork to 34.11?  I missed how to do that.   Does Dwarf Therapist work with it at least?  Been playing Genesis because it's my other go-to mod, but it's annoying how DT reads almost all the dwarven castes as female for it.

vanilla DT or my branch has incorrect castes?

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: June 19, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »

Possible bug (probably vanilla bug): I had a very long siege (took me about year to kill everything). Now every enemy is dead. But the (SIEGE) indicator at the top is still there.
Strange.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 749