Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838139 times)

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5115 on: June 18, 2012, 07:16:48 pm »

Suggestion: Maybe just increase the (low) costs, and make it much more reliable`?

i don't think it's un-reliable on purpose   :)

Well, maybe. But that is not fun anymore. I would gladly pay 5 times the materials than to watch the same spot for minutes until the turret arrives.

Hasse

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining Dwarf, always mines, nothing else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: June 18, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »

and when i send the squad some of the soldiers drops the bola throwers and picks up javelin throwers and such instead :/
help please?.

You removed "personal choice - ranged" from their equipment when you added the bola throwers?

im pretty sure i did it

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: June 18, 2012, 08:42:40 pm »

why does my game keep crashing?

I get past one point of crashing to another point of crashing.

I'm using DEFAULT options.

I'm using 34.11 as instructed by Meph on how to implement.

Yet...  I get a few seasons in, and again a crash.

Something is going on in the map.

Oh yeah, I have generic toys (meph did the change).

but I'm up a creek without a paddle.

I'm about to go vanilla.

Yeah.  My entire game... is trashed.

So far, so much fun.

12 hours

unknown crash

I killed 1 damn necromancer, that was it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?383no2lcwlq181q

I tried sending them all to the burrows

tried burrowing underneath the trader (didn't make it yet).

It's got to be something out of normal...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:51:03 pm by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5118 on: June 18, 2012, 09:02:46 pm »

I use the same system as narhiril for creature spawning. To make it simple:

A boiling stone is created.
A dwarf is transformed into a new creature.
The new creature has a bodypart attached only be melting tissues.
The tissues melt and the bodypart falls to the ground.
The bodypart is reanimated by the transformed dwarf.
The now alive bodypart is now transformed into the new creature.
The dwarf transformes back into a normal dwarf.

Now, are there any question about why this is unreliable ? ^^ If I could just make a 100% reaction for creatures I would do so, please believe me. But the incredible workaround I just posted is the only way to create new creatures. I hope to refine it, make it more reliable, but this will have to wait till I am in germany again.

@thistleknot: Stop drinking so much before you post. :P The entire thing would be a little more useful, if you actually include things like errorlog and gamelog,at least the last entry, and if the crash reappeares after savescumming.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:11:32 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: June 18, 2012, 09:13:20 pm »

wait, we can update masterwork to 34.11?  I missed how to do that.   Does Dwarf Therapist work with it at least?  Been playing Genesis because it's my other go-to mod, but it's annoying how DT reads almost all the dwarven castes as female for it.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: June 18, 2012, 09:20:11 pm »

thanks for airing my laundry ;).  Here's my files that I was unaware were being generated by DF.  By the way (the errorlog and gamelog) are in the save folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ejac3a92mdbeds

oh yes, much savescumming.  I reloaded from spring 130, but it was still crashing, only mining underneath a mood dwarf solved that one.

So when I let it crash (after deleting the errorlog)

This is what I get (gamelog)

Ushrir Uzolshetbeth, MetalSmith cancels Forge bronze gauntlet: Needs 2 bronze bars.
Takuth Sakzulmishthem, MetalSmith cancels Forge bronze helm: Needs 1 bronze bars.
Ushrir Uzolshetbeth, MetalSmith cancels Forge bronze gauntlet: Needs 2 bronze bars.
Ushrir Uzolshetbeth, MetalSmith cancels Forge bronze helm: Needs 1 bronze bars.
Takuth Sakzulmishthem, MetalSmith cancels Forge bronze helm: Needs 1 bronze bars.
Egdoth Zegfazis has become a Recruit.
Atis Arelstinthad has become a Diagnoser.
You have struck hematite!
You have struck rose quartz!
Ineth Zuglartumam has created a masterpiece!
Ablel Itebestil, Nurse cancels Make Cheese: Needs unrotten milk item.
Stukos Doreniden, Dwarven Child cancels Make leather Quiver: Needs tanned hide.
Sakzul Uzolkeskal, Default Hauler cancels Make Lye: Needs ash.
Ushrir Uzolshetbeth, MetalSmith cancels Forge bronze greaves: Needs 2 bronze bars.
Angzak Nitigkol, Default Hauler cancels Forge bronze greaves: Needs 2 bronze bars.
Ushrir Uzolshetbeth, MetalSmith cancels Forge bronze greaves: Needs 2 bronze bars.
Angzak Nitigkol, Default Hauler cancels Forge bronze greaves: Needs 2 bronze bars.
You have struck raw titanium!

Nothing special, but no error log.  So it's hard error on something that's not showing in the error log (as  in there is no error log generated).

I understand this is not an "official" masterwork production, but the only thing different is: 34.11 implementation, which required no raw changes, and a toy to default toy raw change.  I'm not making toys.  Could be something though.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:54:19 pm by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5121 on: June 18, 2012, 10:03:23 pm »

Well, it is not the generic toys I wrote for you, but I was hoping for the gamelog to show something like: elven caravan arrives. Because then I could narrow it down.

I am very undecided how much I should do at all on the current version, because of the planned restart.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: June 18, 2012, 10:08:06 pm »

there was a toy thing you did, not sure what it was... but there was some generasizing of toys that I recall.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: June 19, 2012, 12:22:38 am »

I use the same system as narhiril for creature spawning. To make it simple:

A boiling stone is created.
A dwarf is transformed into a new creature.
The new creature has a bodypart attached only be melting tissues.
The tissues melt and the bodypart falls to the ground.
The bodypart is reanimated by the transformed dwarf.
The now alive bodypart is now transformed into the new creature.
The dwarf transformes back into a normal dwarf.

Now, are there any question about why this is unreliable ? ^^ If I could just make a 100% reaction for creatures I would do so, please believe me. But the incredible workaround I just posted is the only way to create new creatures. I hope to refine it, make it more reliable, but this will have to wait till I am in germany again.

What about making a creature that gives birth to a turret 'baby' thing?
Transform into creature, births baby turret because gestation is almost nil, transforms back, turret grows into adult.
Could something like that work?
Also, how does armoring creatures work? Since I'm guessing it would delete the, say, dog and spawn an armored dog. Would it be possible to use that reaction for turrets? Maybe even require an animal 'sacrifice' to create biomechanical turrets >:D
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5124 on: June 19, 2012, 12:55:13 am »

Giving birth  to turrets would work, but you would have a dwarf that needs to be a transformed creature for close to a year. so. no. ^^

Transforming dwarves into other creatures I already do with golems, I dont want people to buy "empty" landmine cases or turret kits to transform, they should be able to build unlimited ones themselves. And yes, the armoring takes a dog and transformes it into an armored dog.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:19 am »

I could live with turrets powered by the souls of kittens.  8)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: June 19, 2012, 06:06:09 am »

Well you could also make MORE bodyparts which melt down to make more creatures spawning. Hm if it was possible to make so that interaction targets only 1 bodypart.... and others will melt and disappear. But it may clutter Dead/Missing screen and won't really work i think:(

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: June 19, 2012, 06:14:00 am »

I think i might have found a way to produce bones. Make an interaction turning creature into another, with 5-10 big arms with boiling connectors which will fall down from it. Those arms should have big relative size and relative big bone tissue size inside it. Then shift creature back. It should make those parts butcherable:)
So you can use something like Bone Bush from 3rd cavern layer and a reaction to turn in into bone this way.
Not sure if bodyparts are butcherable like this but might work.

I will make a new post about it for testing purposes:) Hugo would be glad to test it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:41:39 am by Tierre »

colonelkadaffy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: June 19, 2012, 08:01:42 am »

Hi, been playing your mod for a while. Some issues im encoutering (by no means game breaking).

Firstly, I can't seem to get the updating to .11 to work, I've followed the instructions to the letter as posted several pages back, however i'm getting that issue that other seems to be getting, a psychedelic map on embark with tiles all over the map randomly (and rapidly flashing between) things like goblin blood and chicken egg. Another strange artefact seems to be that several of the 'crate of x' items don't seem to be in the game at as well as wheelbarrows.

Secondly, whilst I think the diseases feature is really cool, and a interesting challenge later in the game if your playing a relatively 'safe' fort, how to combat it seems a bit of a mystery. Obviously there should be some 'figuring out' involved, however considering its not instantly obvious what a 'ward' is, thus, combating disease is completely beyond me at present.

Thirdly, I am getting a lot of seemingly random fires on the surface outside of my fort. Sections of the map seem to suddenly burst into flames without provocation and engulf the surface. I am playing on maps that are exclusively heavily forested (for obvious reasons) and so a forest fire is to be expected, however these are ridiclously frequent and seem to take little account of whether it has rained, or season. Several times this has resulted in rather premature fortress ending fun as everyone outside (including merchants in effect cutting me off as far as I can tell) dies in or shortly after leaving the fire. 

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:07:48 am by colonelkadaffy »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: June 19, 2012, 08:45:48 am »

Here's a followup to my crash

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Dwarf Fortress.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4fcc9488
  Fault Module Name:   Dwarf Fortress.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4fcc9488
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0064b49e
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm compiling DFHack for 34.11, I'm gonna try some stuff, like switch to adventure mode in the middle of the save and switch back in hopes of avoiding the crash

Here's dfhack 34.11
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg3385980#msg3385980

changing game mode still crashes...

Well, since I compiled dfhack for you Meph, maybe 34.11 of Masterwork?  Maybe I can import my save into your latest version...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:40:22 am by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 749