Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838110 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5100 on: June 18, 2012, 10:20:51 am »

OK - a suggestion. Might add some creatures which will spawn in a dug stone. Like a Barlog in the old Moria:) It can be done with a stone in CLUSTER_ONE with frequency 1. Might be even different creatures for different layers - like some weak demon in igneous_intrusive, some dinosaur in sedimentary. They can live some rewarding thing after death:)

Wait - then they spawn they are friendly right? Oh the possibility of your own pet dinosaurs dug out of earth. With the stone named ANCIENT_EGG.

this....is a pretty damned spiffy idea

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: June 18, 2012, 11:02:13 am »

Why mittens vs gloves?  When I think mittens, I think like an oven mitten, no individual fingers.  I was worried a mitten was not gonna let my crossbowdwarves use their weapons.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:31:10 am by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5102 on: June 18, 2012, 12:22:31 pm »

OK - a suggestion. Might add some creatures which will spawn in a dug stone. Like a Barlog in the old Moria:) It can be done with a stone in CLUSTER_ONE with frequency 1. Might be even different creatures for different layers - like some weak demon in igneous_intrusive, some dinosaur in sedimentary. They can live some rewarding thing after death:)

Wait - then they spawn they are friendly right? Oh the possibility of your own pet dinosaurs dug out of earth. With the stone named ANCIENT_EGG.

this....is a pretty damned spiffy idea

This... can be done. Friendly unit, but with the crazed tag. Wow. THANKS.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: June 18, 2012, 03:08:19 pm »

it's pretty annoying that if you have a turret, and that turret ever fires, all the dwarves run out, grab whatever was fired, and put it in the food stockpile... is this normal?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: June 18, 2012, 03:18:47 pm »

What type of prefession is used for tech reasearch/chemist?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: June 18, 2012, 03:37:13 pm »

Also for cool things that could be dug out of the earth, how about something that operates like the Tears of Armok, but generates magma instead? Call it Blood of Armok or something,

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5106 on: June 18, 2012, 03:57:33 pm »

it's pretty annoying that if you have a turret, and that turret ever fires, all the dwarves run out, grab whatever was fired, and put it in the food stockpile... is this normal?
It is not, but can and will be fixed. actually I thought I already did fix it.. ^^

lightningfalcon: Alchemist.

Panopticon: Can do it, sadly, there are no aquifers for magma. There might be a trick to generate magma in workshops though, but the use for this is questionable at best. It wont power magma-needing buildings,not before you uncovered the magmalake
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: June 18, 2012, 05:44:42 pm »

Bug report (1.9.2):

The machine factory seems to be seriously bugged:
  • Built an turret case  (worked)
  • Built a slade turret out of it.
  • Set up a spawner where I wanted the turret
  • Tasked "Deploy slade turret"
  • After a while, the task disappeared (no worker came there) and the turret, too.

I repeated it with a bullet turret. Same result. I will try it once again to make sure it is a bug.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:50:03 pm by mglarev »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: June 18, 2012, 05:58:14 pm »

Bug report (1.9.2):

• After a while, the task disappeared (no worker came there) and the turret, too.

I repeated it with a bullet turret. Same result. I will try it once again to make sure it is a bug.

I was testing too, in my last fort I had a 3 out of 8 success rate on deploying bullet turrets.  In my cases the guy did run out to attempt the deployment, it just didn't "take" every time. 

There was at least one case where he transformed into the "Dwarf deploying turret" creature but didn't actually create a turret, and even though he became a regular dwarf safely again there were some "Dwarf deploying turret" creature body parts strewn about.  ... Reminded me of those sci fi stories about teleportation -- do you really transport, or does the machine kill the old person and clone a new one?

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: June 18, 2012, 06:14:27 pm »

Bug report (1.9.2):

I was testing too, in my last fort I had a 3 out of 8 success rate on deploying bullet turrets.  In my cases the guy did run out to attempt the deployment, it just didn't "take" every time. 

There was at least one case where he transformed into the "Dwarf deploying turret" creature but didn't actually create a turret, and even though he became a regular dwarf safely again there were some "Dwarf deploying turret" creature body parts strewn about.  ... Reminded me of those sci fi stories about teleportation -- do you really transport, or does the machine kill the old person and clone a new one?

Still did not work on after the fourth try. I guess the guide stating "There is a low chance for a deploxment failing or getting several creatures. This happens rarely however." is a bit off.  I am trying more..

Suggestion: Maybe just increase the (low) costs, and make it much more reliable`?

Edit: Five times failed in a row. Really? I am going to look the reaction up..
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:52:33 pm by mglarev »

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: June 18, 2012, 07:01:56 pm »

Make sure there are no other dwarfs or pets around.    when the spawn reaction happens it makes a bunch of temporary crap that other dwarfs will either pick up and dump or attack and destroy.
if that temp crap sits unmolested on the ground for a little bit it turns into the spawned thing,  turret/decoy/attack plants,  ect..

Suggestion: Maybe just increase the (low) costs, and make it much more reliable`?

Edit: Five times failed in a row. Really? I am going to look the reaction up..

Hasse

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining Dwarf, always mines, nothing else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: June 18, 2012, 07:08:45 pm »

i got a bug :C
i assing my archers some bola throwers :)
but the leader of the squad takes an artifact makeshift crossbow instead :C and when i send the squad somewhere he picks up and bola thrower and when i cancel the order he drops it.
and when i send the squad some of the soldiers drops the bola throwers and picks up javelin throwers and such instead :/
help please?.

i got ammonution for the bola throwers.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: June 18, 2012, 07:08:51 pm »

Make sure there are no other dwarfs or pets around.    when the spawn reaction happens it makes a bunch of temporary crap that other dwarfs will either pick up and dump or attack and destroy.
if that temp crap sits unmolested on the ground for a little bit it turns into the spawned thing,  turret/decoy/attack plants,  ect..

Nothing else around there. It is in a corner. Will test some more.

Edit: It worked on the sixth try. Finally. When it works, the dwarf turns into a "turret constructing dwarf" for a moment, then he leaves. After a moment the turret appears. You can see the message in the log, if it works.

Also, the dwarf left it pickaxe at the spawner (happens). And his brain. Maybe he does not need it anymore.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:13:34 pm by mglarev »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: June 18, 2012, 07:13:03 pm »

i don't think it's un-reliable on purpose   :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: June 18, 2012, 07:14:40 pm »

and when i send the squad some of the soldiers drops the bola throwers and picks up javelin throwers and such instead :/
help please?.

You removed "personal choice - ranged" from their equipment when you added the bola throwers? 
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 749