Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838189 times)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5025 on: June 15, 2012, 01:04:27 am »

Is the "Recycle Pet Armor" working for any of you all?

Recycle Pet Armor is broken, you end up with loads of random material blocks like one guy got thousands of crocodile egg bars.

The fungus spreading from caverns; I though was in vanilla DF, one thing people sometimes do is hollow out a large area near their fort for use as a fungiwood farm as the trees will grow there eventually. Be careful anywhere you have underground farmable corridors as sometimes trees will grow there and block your dwarves movement, I build paved roads inside on them.

In case anybody was waiting with bated breath for me to post my world gen recipe (doubt it), I ended up spending all evening tweaking and making new worlds. Think 360 Titans on a medium map is too many? Need to play test it now before I post it.

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: June 15, 2012, 02:04:34 am »

Recycle Pet Armor is broken, you end up with loads of random material blocks like one guy got thousands of crocodile egg bars.

The fungus spreading from caverns; I though was in vanilla DF, one thing people sometimes do is hollow out a large area near their fort for use as a fungiwood farm as the trees will grow there eventually. Be careful anywhere you have underground farmable corridors as sometimes trees will grow there and block your dwarves movement, I build paved roads inside on them.

In case anybody was waiting with bated breath for me to post my world gen recipe (doubt it), I ended up spending all evening tweaking and making new worlds. Think 360 Titans on a medium map is too many? Need to play test it now before I post it.

Is that what it was? I have like 10k tin bars. My entire stockpile got full and i have 300 or so still cluttering up the workbench.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: June 15, 2012, 02:10:36 am »

I have found a mistake in raws. In archeology we have a restore armor reaction wich can give ITEM_ARMOR_RAZORPLATE
Also we have this item in CRAZY reaction in experimental chambber and in sacrafice armor to Armok in the Temple of Armok. Now the problem is - there is no such item. We have ITEM_ARMOR_EVIL3 which is
[NAME:razorplate armor:razorplate armor]
So i guess that's it - wrong armor name.

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: June 15, 2012, 02:17:12 am »

Is that what it was? I have like 10k tin bars. My entire stockpile got full and i have 300 or so still cluttering up the workbench.

By 300 I mean 300 pages holy crap so much tin

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: June 15, 2012, 02:20:02 am »

Which is it, lasher or halberd? Do other special weapons have these issues?

I believe it's not due to the special glaive, but that lasher and halberd are "synonyms" for the same skill.

Lasher skill (whip) is related to whips and bendy ropey weapons.
This is a Halberd
This Is a Glaive.
It makes no sense that Glaives of any kind would use whip skill, however, according to the raws, they do: both regular glaives and Crescent Glaives use lasher(whip), while Halberds use spear (as they should, or perhaps pike, but at least the correct family of skills).
Also, there is no Halberdier skill as halberds use spear skill.

Might want to fix that, Meph...
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: June 15, 2012, 02:32:54 am »

I have found a mistake in raws. In archeology we have a restore armor reaction wich can give ITEM_ARMOR_RAZORPLATE
Also we have this item in CRAZY reaction in experimental chambber and in sacrafice armor to Armok in the Temple of Armok. Now the problem is - there is no such item. We have ITEM_ARMOR_EVIL3 which is
[NAME:razorplate armor:razorplate armor]
So i guess that's it - wrong armor name.

OK. Now ARMOR_EVIL3 are drow's armor. I think it should be renamed to armor_razorplate in drow entity and item_armor_masterwork. (IMO it is better and more precise than armor_evil3).

Also many weapons are in the sacrafice weapon religion reaction and crazy alchemical experiments. ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_GREAT_FOSSIL is ONLY obtainable from fossils - maybe should be added there too?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:34:46 am by Tierre »

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: June 15, 2012, 02:47:57 am »

Poor Meph, looks like he has his work cut out for him when he gets back. I think he was planning on rebuilding the mod from scratch. In the mean time I guess anything that can't be hot fixed should be disabled or we're just going to get the same issues come up again and again.

Or do what I do, avoid the broken bits, still plenty to play with.

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: June 15, 2012, 03:06:18 am »

http://i.imgur.com/vcUtz.png

Holy crap the tin. That was ALL TIN. that was one stack of twelve after I deconstructed the workbench. This has gotta be fixed.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: June 15, 2012, 03:06:45 am »

Well i always play in my mods in DF:) So i just started vivisecting masterwork and taking raws into parts. Maybe i will even post some parts of it so that you can add the feature you want yourself. If it is needed by someone - please inform me (though i only started).

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: June 15, 2012, 03:19:00 am »

So I think I just butchered a dead elf merchant. But if they are going to bring dragons that set fire to the fungus all around the trade depot then burn to death it's their own fault.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: June 15, 2012, 03:42:43 am »

So I think I just butchered a dead elf merchant. But if they are going to bring dragons that set fire to the fungus all around the trade depot then burn to death it's their own fault.

Ha, yeah I once had elves bring 6 dragons then got ambushed by and army of sauropod riding mechanical men, hilarity ensued.

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: June 15, 2012, 07:55:57 am »

http://i.imgur.com/vcUtz.png

Holy crap the tin. That was ALL TIN. that was one stack of twelve after I deconstructed the workbench. This has gotta be fixed.

Recycle pet armor is known to be broken. Simple fix: Dont do it or this will happen.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: June 15, 2012, 08:04:36 am »

A question about healing.
I know that to heal you transform it int HEALING creature for 1 tick.
It has a FREQUENCY:0 but... can they be domesticated by elves? Or no environment tags will make it is impossible? Also what about the age of a creature being transformed - does it have any affect on a creature it is transformed into. Will old dwarf being transormed to a creature with maxage bigger than hos real age immidiately die?

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: June 15, 2012, 12:09:06 pm »

I have loved the mod - it adds things I think are really lacking in vanilla. In particular, things like simple wood - I've never cared about whether a log is elm or birch etc, I prefer rough wood. I guess some people love the variety, to me its annoying. Same with umpteen varieties of leather etc. Its leather. I don't care what beast it came from.

A few things annoyed me though, but nothing to make going back to vanilla.

Just because you can add something, doesn't mean you need to, picturing *Redacted typhoon here - its a glut of things atm, small e.g. is I tend to remove things like the Dragonfire rain - that is just unplayable. If its in there for 'testing', I'd go a branch on a git repo and not subject the end user to it, its fairly ridiculous - and from a previous post, not as rare as you want. All my ideal sites are barrens (I like flat, unembellished sites with no ugly ponds), and this lovely fire shows up a lot. But in general, it feels a bit like you've added anything you can get your hands on w/o thinking about the balance.

Minor niggles are the bone reaction - in terms of grinding them down to make carbonating thingies. I'm not sure how much wiggle room is there, in terms of using the whole stack. If its possible to introduce an intermediate item that'd be a nice change. I love the tree farming aspect, I tend to turtle and not buy anything if possible.

Thanks for all the hard work anyway, much appreciated here, adding an interesting touch to an interesting game.

Cheers.

* Its Mercer Myer I think. He or she had great little books.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:14:30 pm by Marc Remillard »

Shawarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: June 15, 2012, 01:57:08 pm »

Which is it, lasher or halberd? Do other special weapons have these issues?

I believe it's not due to the special glaive, but that lasher and halberd are "synonyms" for the same skill.

Lasher skill (whip) is related to whips and bendy ropey weapons.
This is a Halberd
This Is a Glaive.
It makes no sense that Glaives of any kind would use whip skill, however, according to the raws, they do: both regular glaives and Crescent Glaives use lasher(whip), while Halberds use spear (as they should, or perhaps pike, but at least the correct family of skills).
Also, there is no Halberdier skill as halberds use spear skill.

Might want to fix that, Meph...

Meh, I can definitely understand just slapping some of those exotic weapons into little use weapon training categories to spread around the skill training love. I just like to know which weapon need which skill, or hell, multiple skills. Wouldn't it be cool to have a few really exotic weapons that were very powerful, required traded blueprints, and multiple military skills to use? Something like kamas, that was require lashing and knives, and have a devastatingly fast attack speed?

One this note, I HATE requesting fixes and stuff for volunteer projects this this. I just appreciate the work already done. It is obvious many others do as well. I hope your biking trip is f'in amazing, free work like this deserves a reward.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 749