Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838299 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4845 on: June 06, 2012, 12:54:13 pm »

That is by design. Most of the added creatures show up everywhere randomly, so that you can enjoy the entire mod regardless of the embark. It bugs me a little as well, I've got a note on my list about changing that, so it is an option, will require a bit of work though.

In the meantime you can remove the ubiquitous (sp?) tag from any creatures you don't want to show up outside of their home environment.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: June 06, 2012, 01:13:10 pm »

I did a quick search for "bag of loot" but am not finding a fix. I have a couple bags, I have placed them on and around the creature lab, but the option is still in red. The reaction is messed up somewhere.
Is it a stockpile or burrow problem? It isn't a problem with the reaction itself I've done it without fail.

That's odd, because I've actually not been able to convert the bags of gold, ever. Period. I've gotten almost every other reaction to work right in the Creature Lab, and yet the gold bags of loot.. Never work, even if I try to do it manually in the manager. It's a bit annoying, but nothing game-breaking.

I haven't set up a Creature Lab yet in the current version fort, but in the past, opening the bags was automatic.  I built the lab, next thing I knew, my bags of loot had all disappeared.  It wasn't until I noticed extra bars of platinum and gold in my stocks, that I realized my guys had automatically gone and opened all of them.  My gut feeling is that you're experiencing the burrow bug - make sure the bags and Lab are in the same burrow.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

juanm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: June 06, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »

Has anyone else noticed anything funny about drinks?  I couldn't figure out why my dwarves are all thirsty, and my drinks stockpile is empty, when the stocks screen showed several hundred drinks.  Finally I went under the "Drinks" category in stocks, and found the following:

Drinks[78]
Dimple cup none[18]
Dwarven wine[132]
Swamp whiskey[54]
Strawberry wine[24]
Dwarven rum[18]

Okay, I thought, this looks okay, except a little strange with the generic "drink" and "dimple cup none".  Then I took a closer look, expanding the list, and started zooming in on each pile of drinks.  Every stack appears to be residing within the brewery, just sitting there.  Then I had the brilliant idea to deconstruct the brewery.  Apparently these were all floating drinks, as deconstructing the brewery gave me the original 5 barrels and 5 rocks used to construct it, and left pools of alcohol everywhere.  Didn't put this on the bug list because I'm not sure it's repeatable, but just throwing it out there.

[Edit]Forgot to mention, there were plenty of empty barrels available in the furniture stockpile, at least at the time of brewery deconstruction.

I had the same problem using ornamental black brick barrels in a still to produce rum and beer. I think I used the new specific reactions of the mod (not "brew drink"). I dumped a lot of barrels via the stocks menu (those with low quality and no "food", "meat", "rum" or simmilar on their description, so they should be empty, right?). Could this be the source of the problem?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: June 06, 2012, 01:18:16 pm »

I haven't set up a Creature Lab yet in the current version fort, but in the past, opening the bags was automatic.  I built the lab, next thing I knew, my bags of loot had all disappeared.  It wasn't until I noticed extra bars of platinum and gold in my stocks, that I realized my guys had automatically gone and opened all of them.  My gut feeling is that you're experiencing the burrow bug - make sure the bags and Lab are in the same burrow.

Nope. It's just not happening at all, trust me on that one. With/without burrows, no matter what. I just have bags of gold to trade with merchants, they never get converted automatically as the reaction doesn't even recognize them as existing, even if I have a bunch of them piled on the goddamn workshop.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: June 06, 2012, 01:26:16 pm »

Nope. It's just not happening at all, trust me on that one. With/without burrows, no matter what. I just have bags of gold to trade with merchants, they never get converted automatically as the reaction doesn't even recognize them as existing, even if I have a bunch of them piled on the goddamn workshop.
Is the workshop forbidden?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: June 06, 2012, 01:28:17 pm »

Is the workshop forbidden?

I've been playing Dwarf Fortress for neigh 6 years, friend. I can promise you there's something fudged in the reaction that's not letting the bags dropped by the Kobolds get used in the reaction. I'll go pull up the raws now since it's bothering me so much and see if it's missing a bit from it.

Edit:
Spoiler: Kobold item that drops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot bag reaction (click to show/hide)

I don't think TOOL and TOY overlap. I've not done reaction modifications since 3d was new, but I think that may be the issue. I've seriously never converted a bag of loot, ever. I'm going to fiddle with it and reload and see if it does work now.

I notice there's two versions of the same item.

Well, after loading-changing-loading-changing some more, I can't get the reaction to work at all, period. With either the TOY version or TOOL version. I think I need to regen a new world, replace the Kobold drop with the TOOL version, and see what happens.

Confirmed: Yep, just change the Kobold drop to the TOOL verion, what Meph posted below, pretty much.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:51:00 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:15 pm »

I've been playing Dwarf Fortress for neigh 6 years, friend. I can promise you there's something fudged in the reaction that's not letting the bags dropped by the Kobolds get used in the reaction. I'll go pull up the raws now since it's bothering me so much and see if it's missing a bit from it.
It's not anything with the raws. I'm playing with the current version not only have I been able to get the stuff from the bags I just created a reaction that produces loot bags and they're automatically processed in the lab. Have you tried destroying and rebuilding the armory?

Edit:

Just looked at my raws and even though
[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_LOOT] exists kobolds are set to drop
[ITEMCORPSE:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LOOT:INORGANIC:GOLD]
and the reaction uses  [REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LOOT:INORGANIC:GOLD]
I don't think I changed this at all in the raws.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:51:01 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4852 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:28 pm »

Nice find.

Fix:
[CREATURE:KOBOLD]blahblahraws

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: June 06, 2012, 01:50:07 pm »

Nice find.

Fix:

Yeppers, I just figured out that's what I need to change. Shame I need to regen my world now, but atleast now I know. No problem, by the way. I think there's some other custom reactions that need work, but I'm not a raw scourer anymore.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:52:25 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: June 06, 2012, 02:16:55 pm »

Yeppers, I just figured out that's what I need to change. Shame I need to regen my world now, but atleast now I know. No problem, by the way. I think there's some other custom reactions that need work, but I'm not a raw scourer anymore.
Are you using the newest version? I just downloaded 1.9.2 and the reaction asks for the TOOL not the TOY even though both exist. Either way if your raws are wrong you should be able to change TOY:ITEM_TOY to TOOL:ITEM_TOOL in the reaction under your save to fix the problem without regen. .

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: June 06, 2012, 03:38:52 pm »

Are you using the newest version? I just downloaded 1.9.2 and the reaction asks for the TOOL not the TOY even though both exist. Either way if your raws are wrong you should be able to change TOY:ITEM_TOY to TOOL:ITEM_TOOL in the reaction under your save to fix the problem without regen. .

No sir, I tried multiple different reactions including TOOL in my file with two different saves of forts with access to the bags. It doesn't matter either way, you don't really know what you're talking about my friend. I apologize. :p But mellow down with the patronizing tone. I am pretty sure I know what I'm doing when it comes to RAW work. I've done it longer than you've been in the game.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: June 06, 2012, 03:53:13 pm »

No sir, I tried multiple different reactions including TOOL in my file with two different saves of forts with access to the bags. It doesn't matter either way, you don't really know what you're talking about my friend. I apologize. :p But mellow down with the patronizing tone. I am pretty sure I know what I'm doing when it comes to RAW work. I've done it longer than you've been in the game.

I don't know where your getting patronizing but while you probably do know what your doing when it comes to raws this problem doesn't seem to have effected anyone except you to the contrary the reaction is working fine for everyone else. Looking at the raws from a freshly downloaded version what your describing isn't apparent and it's easilly possible to create the exact problem your describing and then remedy it with the exact solution I just described.

This exists in the unmodified 1.9.2 raws
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LOOT]
[NAME:bag of loot:bag of loots]
[VALUE:10]
[TILE:128]
[SIZE:1000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
As does this
[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_LOOT]
[NAME:bag of loot:bags of loot]
[HARD_MAT]
If your saying that your kobolds are dropping the second then modifying the reaction to take it should work just fine.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: June 06, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

You don't need to keep talking about it, the issue is fixed.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: June 06, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »

I detected patronizing tones from only one person here, and it wasn't Broseph Stalin.

His suggestion also worked for me so I didn't have to regen a world, so I actually appreciated that contribution.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: June 06, 2012, 04:32:49 pm »

Nice find.

Fix:

Ah, good. It hadn't been a problem in past versions so I was wondering what was going on and where it might be fixed. Didn't think to check creatures raw.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 749