Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838243 times)

ctharvey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4830 on: June 05, 2012, 11:16:37 pm »

Looking forward to the next version!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: June 05, 2012, 11:19:32 pm »

Looking forward to the next version!
Not as much as the next version is looking forward to you  :-*

:-\

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4832 on: June 06, 2012, 01:11:58 am »

Just a general note: There will be a bugfix/34.11 version. Will at least take a week, to allow the Javaforge Bugreport to do some progress. Anyone can post fixes or issues he or she finds. Dfhack, Therapist and other utilities have to be updated as well. 
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: June 06, 2012, 03:31:12 am »

Well symbols.xml are partially working for DFhack and DT right now (at least the ydon't crush and do some things). But it's not a full release yet.

KaneAndTheHumanRace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: June 06, 2012, 09:29:24 am »

Has anyone else noticed anything funny about drinks?  I couldn't figure out why my dwarves are all thirsty, and my drinks stockpile is empty, when the stocks screen showed several hundred drinks.  Finally I went under the "Drinks" category in stocks, and found the following:

Drinks[78]
Dimple cup none[18]
Dwarven wine[132]
Swamp whiskey[54]
Strawberry wine[24]
Dwarven rum[18]

Okay, I thought, this looks okay, except a little strange with the generic "drink" and "dimple cup none".  Then I took a closer look, expanding the list, and started zooming in on each pile of drinks.  Every stack appears to be residing within the brewery, just sitting there.  Then I had the brilliant idea to deconstruct the brewery.  Apparently these were all floating drinks, as deconstructing the brewery gave me the original 5 barrels and 5 rocks used to construct it, and left pools of alcohol everywhere.  Didn't put this on the bug list because I'm not sure it's repeatable, but just throwing it out there.

[Edit]Forgot to mention, there were plenty of empty barrels available in the furniture stockpile, at least at the time of brewery deconstruction.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: June 06, 2012, 10:53:26 am »

I'm still having that same brewing problem, except with the Still.  It's driving me nuts - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I suspect it might be the rock barrels since its the first time I've been using them, but I am not certain.  Are you using rock barrels?
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: June 06, 2012, 10:57:23 am »

Has anyone else noticed anything funny about drinks?  I couldn't figure out why my dwarves are all thirsty, and my drinks stockpile is empty, when the stocks screen showed several hundred drinks.  Finally I went under the "Drinks" category in stocks, and found the following:

Drinks[78]
Dimple cup none[18]
Dwarven wine[132]
Swamp whiskey[54]
Strawberry wine[24]
Dwarven rum[18]

Okay, I thought, this looks okay, except a little strange with the generic "drink" and "dimple cup none".  Then I took a closer look, expanding the list, and started zooming in on each pile of drinks.  Every stack appears to be residing within the brewery, just sitting there.  Then I had the brilliant idea to deconstruct the brewery.  Apparently these were all floating drinks, as deconstructing the brewery gave me the original 5 barrels and 5 rocks used to construct it, and left pools of alcohol everywhere.  Didn't put this on the bug list because I'm not sure it's repeatable, but just throwing it out there.

[Edit]Forgot to mention, there were plenty of empty barrels available in the furniture stockpile, at least at the time of brewery deconstruction.
Yeah, I noticed a similar bug back in 31.25 with the altar of armok's pray for booze reaction, it created plump helmet none. It was a problem with reaction tags, I forget how. Meph, do you remember that?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: June 06, 2012, 11:09:03 am »

I did a quick search for "bag of loot" but am not finding a fix. I have a couple bags, I have placed them on and around the creature lab, but the option is still in red. The reaction is messed up somewhere.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: June 06, 2012, 11:12:07 am »

I did a quick search for "bag of loot" but am not finding a fix. I have a couple bags, I have placed them on and around the creature lab, but the option is still in red. The reaction is messed up somewhere.
Is it a stockpile or burrow problem? It isn't a problem with the reaction itself I've done it without fail.

KaneAndTheHumanRace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: June 06, 2012, 11:37:27 am »

I'm still having that same brewing problem, except with the Still.  It's driving me nuts - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I suspect it might be the rock barrels since its the first time I've been using them, but I am not certain.  Are you using rock barrels?

Nope, just wooden ones.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: June 06, 2012, 12:19:38 pm »

Is it a stockpile or burrow problem? It isn't a problem with the reaction itself I've done it without fail.

That's odd, because I've actually not been able to convert the bags of gold, ever. Period. I've gotten almost every other reaction to work right in the Creature Lab, and yet the gold bags of loot.. Never work, even if I try to do it manually in the manager. It's a bit annoying, but nothing game-breaking.

Oh, and is there some way to simply remove those extra bars/blocks of 'black smoke' and 'rock dust' made by workshops and furnaces? Right now I just use it to build walls and floors to reduce clutter, but it's a bit overwhelming when everything that makes useful goods is flooded with this junk. That I can't store in bins. And clutters up my stone stockpiles, since I can't disable either of them from being dragged to the stockpile.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: June 06, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »

That's odd, because I've actually not been able to convert the bags of gold, ever. Period. I've gotten almost every other reaction to work right in the Creature Lab, and yet the gold bags of loot.. Never work, even if I try to do it manually in the manager. It's a bit annoying, but nothing game-breaking.

Oh, and is there some way to simply remove those extra bars/blocks of 'black smoke' and 'rock dust' made by workshops and furnaces? Right now I just use it to build walls and floors to reduce clutter, but it's a bit overwhelming when everything that makes useful goods is flooded with this junk. That I can't store in bins. And clutters up my stone stockpiles, since I can't disable either of them from being dragged to the stockpile.

You should be able to turn dust off, also those should be appearing as clouds of smoke rather than bars.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: June 06, 2012, 12:24:12 pm »

My -Rock dust scepter- and -Rock dust doors- disagree with you, there. They're getting produced directly as bars/blocks/whatever with the smoke being produced in the reaction. I assume that's to make the smoke effect appear, since the item is dissolving, basically, to create the 'smoke' effect. But the residual item is left. It's rather obnoxious, but hey, free stone I guess. It's just alot of clutter and extra items dragging down my FPS, since I make ~200 of these combined every season or so.

Wait, could it be because I have temperature off? That would explain why it's not 'melting' away. I think that may be it. I've been playing without temperature on for the FPS gains for a while now and just overlooked that.

Yep. Temperature on and the items dissolve just fine. I'm silly for not thinking of that in the first place. This could be considered an exploit, though, since those effects create stone that is considered economic and used to build crafts/furniture/etc. so essentially meaning you don't need to mine stone anymore if you play without temperature. Which I do, since I enjoy 250 FPS with 120+ Dwarves.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:29:32 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4843 on: June 06, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »

Yeah, I thought about linking temperature with every feature that needs temperature to work. Without tempereature MOST of the high tech stuff does not work btw, everything that uses boiling stones for reactions. Which is about everything. Golems, Magic, Constructs, Pet Armory, Musicstage...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: June 06, 2012, 12:40:36 pm »

Hm maybe is the thing with monster in the different types of maps "wilderness" "calm" a bit buggy? I have here nightmares in wilderness, i think nightmares are more like dark bad maps? ;D And... the nightmares burning all tiles in my map. :'( The same bad thing with the burning skulls. AND i have a fleshman in the first year that killd all my dwarfs, the nightmares are first year too. ???
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 749