Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838547 times)

jakmak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4680 on: May 29, 2012, 04:12:35 pm »

hey memph or the guy who is working on this mod i encountered a bug. i got the latest version of this mod and there was no sound. i tried fideling with every option that involved sound ingame or in the mod options. i would use sound sense but i have no idea how to install it correctly so i am now playing this game without sound and i am worried it might throw me into a tantrum or drive me stark raving mad because staring at a mostly black screen without any sound probably isnt good for your ability to stay sane.

DF has sound? I've been playing in silence for 2 months now and I haven't gone crazy yet, teapot fishcake wheelbarrow.

If you look in the utilities tab of the launcher, launch the game then launch soundsense from the launcher. Next it asks you to find the gamelog.txt file in your DF folder, it should be easy enough to find, it's in the masterworkDF 1.9.2/dwarf fortress main folder wherever you put that. Next click on auto update in soundsense, hopefully that should do it, I don't know for sure because mine is still updating at 8%  ???

I don't remember there being any sound in the vanilla though, apart from that classical guitar track, I usually just watch TV in the background or listen to the radio.

*UPDATE*

OK, then once it's done loading all the new sounds go to the Sounds Configuration tab in soundsense and click reload configuration, make sure you have sounds switched on on the launcher with the volume up etc. and finally you should hear the instantly regrettable sound of adventure! I might keep the sound effects on, that music WILL drive me crazy!
i understand how to do it all i dont get is the gamelog.txt  is that the thing you click on in vanila DF to run the game? and also by sound i meant the music. there was not a peep of sound from my DF no music at all. i know there are no sound effects in vanilla just that awesome harp, guitar or violin sound thingy in the base game.

lolrobot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: May 29, 2012, 05:04:53 pm »

I got a visit from Drows for the first time ever. As soon as they entered the map the Merchants went berserk and started attacking their horses. The two merchants got killed by their own guards/the friendly kobolds that live on my mountain, then the guards and the rest of the caravan dissappeared except for one muskox that wandered into the caverns and started fighting cavefishmen.
What the hell.

Acetana

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: May 29, 2012, 05:26:27 pm »

I just found out about this mod recently (been a while since I've played much DF), and I have to say I'm quite liking it. I've run into a bit of an issue though, and I cannot figure out what the problem is. I can build the new workshops fine, but I haven't been able to get any of my dwarves to actually use them. I'm still at the beginning of the second year of the fortress, so the only ones I've built so far are a Rockforge, Stonecutter's Workshop, and Boneyard, but have not been able to do anything with any of them. I can queue up jobs fine, but my dwarves never do them.

When I noticed that I'd had stone hammers queued for more than half a year and they hadn't even been started, I checked the building guides and mason is apparently the appropriate labour, so I suspended all other masonry jobs and removed every other labour from my masons, and even after waiting a while and cancelling and re-queueing the job and other trying jobs in the workshop, they never started them. I tried doing similar things with the stonecutter and boneyard, with the same result.

I apologize if something like this has been answered already, and I skimmed the last 50-ish pages of this thread but couldn't find anything relevant. I'm using the most recent version with the included version of DF and no other mods.

An unrelated question as well, but... is it normal for unused wards to go missing? I had bought one from a caravan just to see it, and pastured it in the middle of my fortress to keep it out of the way until I could actually do something with it, and later got an announcement telling me a Stray Ward had gone missing. It hadn't too long since I bought it, they don't even move on their own as far as I can tell, and it was sitting just off of one of the highest-traffic halls in my fortress (I know it made it to the assigned pasture, but I stopped paying attention to it afterwards), so I have no clue what happened to it.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: May 29, 2012, 05:34:21 pm »

I understand how to do it all i dont get is the gamelog.txt  is that the thing you click on in vanila DF to run the game? and also by sound i meant the music. there was not a peep of sound from my DF no music at all. i know there are no sound effects in vanilla just that awesome harp, guitar or violin sound thingy in the base game.

Um no, you click on the .exe in the vanilla version, launch Dwarf Fortress through the masterwork launcher, then go back to the launcher and click on soundsense in the utilities tab, it will then prompt you to find the gamelog.txt file which will be the one in the dwarf fortress folder inside the masterwork folder. It's not that good, I find it just annoying, put the radio on instead!

You are launching materwork using the masterwork settings 1.9.2.exe launcher right?

@Acetana, I think it's mason to build the workshop, it's stonecrafting to use the stoneforge and bonecrafting to build stuff in the boneyard. That's what I've always assumed and it works fine for me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:37:10 pm by SAFry »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4684 on: May 29, 2012, 05:41:08 pm »

That is correct, the building guides do list the buildlabor, which is needed to build the workshop, not ever skill for every reaction.

Wards only have a maxage (lifespan) of 1-2 years. The entire system around them is rather... alpha version, needs to be changed a lot.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Acetana

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: May 29, 2012, 06:10:15 pm »

Ah, thank you. I could have sworn I had someone assigned to stonecrafting too, but that could explain my problem, I'll give it another try. And I figured it was something like that with the ward, since I remembered reading something about a limited lifespan, but I didn't think I'd had it for that long.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: May 29, 2012, 08:30:19 pm »

Can't remember if anyone found the source of the fire problem in the new version but I can confirm they still carry bags of magma.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: May 29, 2012, 11:32:36 pm »

This is how I managed to stop merucry AKA quicksilver from burning up stuff:

Find reaction_masterwork in raw folder.

Open it

Then you need to find every reaction with mercury in it and change mercury jar or bag to mercury pot. Then when caravan bring mercury with them, it should stop them from burning up things. I'm not sure as i have not tested it yet, so check it out by yourself.

New features has a ton of votes, but we weren't really planing on adding features with the current release, but here is a couple small potential additions to discuss:

I found a post where someone added a resurection effect to good biomes, as they are the opposite of evil, how would you feel about the magicalness of 'good' biomes having a chance to bring the dead back to life.. not as re animated zombies.. but as themselves. Or a new good-biome creature.. the bunny, kinda like the one in monty pythons quest for the holy grail. The would be small, cute, fuzzy, and breed fast.  The revive mechanic would mean you would have to destroy the bodies of your slain enemies to prevent them from possibly returning, but your dead dwarfs could be brought back if you took care of the bodies. Thoughts?

Also, what threw you for a loop when trying to learn DF? jobs? military? tunneling? I am tinkering with the beginnings of a masterwork specific tutorial help project that would teach dwarf fortress with masterwork to a complete newb in a !fun! way. As an example, to teach combat I was thinking of walking through an evil world generation, with lots of mean monsters and doing a military embark, and walking the player through a 7 man, fight as long as you can survive, against endless waves of zombies type hold out. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:43:33 pm by zenerbufen »

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: May 30, 2012, 01:30:36 am »

Suddenly i realised that I spend more time on this forum than playing the game. Well... I should get into the playing and check out EVERYTHING in this mod.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: May 30, 2012, 02:33:34 am »

Hey, how do i get silkworms to nest and start producing silk?  I took a couple on this most recent embark and have some pretty good industry set up now and would like to start clothing my dwarves in silk so i can keep pigtails for brewing

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: May 30, 2012, 04:23:54 am »

silkworms work like bee's and need hives.

dragonly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: May 30, 2012, 08:09:45 am »

Hey, how do i get silkworms to nest and start producing silk?  I took a couple on this most recent embark and have some pretty good industry set up now and would like to start clothing my dwarves in silk so i can keep pigtails for brewing

I always will get two hives going per spawn, one that will never be harvested and just use to split to new hives. The new boxes will be harvested from time to time, but know that harvesting the silk will cause the hive to be empty again.

FingO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: May 30, 2012, 11:31:50 am »

Thanks a lot for this mod, I really enjoy playing around with it. However, the macros do not work for me; Every time I try to load the macros (ctrl - l) df freezes. Are these problems typical for a mac environment?
"In Plaguemoments I slew a human over a week." - Em Kisstorments, administrator

"Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world?" was a legendary bone-bound book. The written portion consists of a 30 page essay entitled "Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world? authored by Kutsmob Pimplehate. It concerns the giving up on being a fishery worker of the goblin necromancer Kutsmob Pimplehate in Bristleseductions in 29. The writing has its moments of cleverness.

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: May 30, 2012, 02:10:41 pm »

i usually play this or kobold camp compared to vanilla and i was wondering are gem weapons and armor as good as iron or steel because i have a lot of opal and quartz and very little metal so should i invest in some gem troops or not?

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: May 30, 2012, 04:41:33 pm »

Sooo.... Sauropods. Most awesome thing ever?

Most awesome thing ever.

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 749