Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838657 times)

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 MAC UPDATE
« Reply #4620 on: May 26, 2012, 10:53:50 am »

What is a platinum skill aether fracture?  I get that it replaces corpses occasionally, but I don't know what it is or what it does.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: May 26, 2012, 10:56:46 am »

They can be combined at the Creature Research Lab to make a Platinum Skill Aether, which is used to give dwarves legendary powers.

Has anyone been able to successfully build Magma Golem Forges in 1.9.2?
The building asks for ITEM_TOY_BLUEPRINT_GOLEM, but I think this should be ITEM_TOOL_BLUEPRINT_GOLEM.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:02:06 am by Flobulon »

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: May 26, 2012, 11:23:28 am »

So... how do I play on the Gaia map?

From the start go to 'Design New World with Advanced Parameters' .   On the right select the "Diverse (Many Biomes)" preset.  That is the Garden of Gaia.   You can tune the parameters a bit more, or just go witht he defaults. 

AssassinT90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: May 26, 2012, 01:37:50 pm »

Hey guys, I'm here to report about the Carp-God cult.
A very curious thing happened to me. Well, I chose the "Secret !FUN!" in the Creatures tab, expecting to have a lot of fun. Unfortunately, that's not how it happened.

I embarked on a glacier with flux stone, and ice, nothing else, and with all possible invaders and races enabled. I was looking for a hardcore, endless war.

I built a great castle, set a lot of defensive measures, and managed to get past the first waves very, very easily. The problem is that I had wounded soldiers, and I needed water for them. Well, Glaciers aren't known for their liquid water, so I had to find some water underground (I particulary hate the cave-in method to melt ice).

I started to dig until I had found a cavern, and when I found one, I built two wells to generate some water (I built two wells mostly because the wells were in the Z level -12, while the water was somewhere around -70. That made the wells work pretty slow). When the first dwarves used water (my docs for tending wounded dwarves), something curious started to happen.

I must state here that I built the wells right beside the hospital, for more efficiency, and that my chief medical dwarf had his bedroom inside my hospital.
Very well, after the using the water to clean some patients, I saw a fighting report from my chief medical dwarf: he had been stunned by some mysterious evil magic and developed a fear of water. There was something about a Carp God in the report, too.

Let me repeat: after using water from the well, my doctor, who slept 15 steps from the well, started to have hallucinations, developed FEAR OF WATER, and said something about a Carp God.

"Oh, amazing new feature. So the caverns have a carp god in their lakes." "Let him be", I thought, "If he comes up here, we'll have free sea food". Well, I changed my mind when one of my dwarves became a carp god adept. Well, being highly militarized I hadn't much of a trouble in dealing with him.

"Oh, fuck. What a damn coward. Can't believe he possessed a dwarf instead of coming himself." I didn't have enough troops to spare going underground. There were a lot of scary monsters, I couldn't fight them all and defend my fortress at the same time. "Time to sela those wells." And so I did.

Even with the wells sealed, the strange reports continued. Eventually, two dwarves became adepts of the Carp God. They were easily struck down, and were kinda useless dwarves anyways, so no worries. "But it could have been my legendary mason, or my accomplished crossbowman", I thought.

"Time to kill that fish. Let's go see if that carp god tastes good. Maybe his skin will be a good armor." So I sent my miners to dig around the underground lake. To lower the water level, you know. While they were digging, a thunderbird attacked my fortress. I had to defend the fort, so I delayed the Killing-the-carp-god project. to the next season. Meanwhile, I lost other two dwarves.

In the next season, with the project restarted, my miners finally dug around the lake. When the water level went down to 1~2, no Carp God appeared. I was kinda frustrated. "Where'd he go?"

Nonetheless, I sealed every tunnel that would lead to that cavern/well. That hopefully would stop my dwarves from becoming adepts. Too bad a few weeks later other two dwarves became adepts. I killed them. One of them was a great miner. I kept playing, hoping that eventually I would catch the evil force. And so my dwarves started to die. First two useless dwarves. Then a talented hammerdwarf. Then my professional crossbowdwarf, and that was enough for me. Time to look for help in the forums.

When I finally came here, I realized that it was a damn dwarf who was doing creating adepts.

You see, I really enjoyed when a vampire appeared in my fort the second time I played DF. I felt like Sherlock Holmes when I uncovered the vampire without consulting the wiki.
This time, however, I hated with all my strenght the Carp God cult. I was looking for a war, not an investigation. And the circumstances made me believe the threat was outside my fortress, deep in the caverns. I stupidly destroyed my wells and lost two wounded dwarves to dehydration. The Secret !FUN! wasn't funny.

I enjoy losing dwarves in a war, killing thunderbirds, werewolves, undeads, goblins, and things like that. But I hate when they start to randomly go berserk and leave me thinking the cause was black magic coming from a deep cavern when the true cause is a infiltrated dwarf.

Now I'm starting a new fort because I have no clue on how to build wards.

Anyways, this is a really great mod. I loved the invaders. I'll try again tomorrow without the Secret !FUN!.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: May 26, 2012, 02:37:38 pm »

Carp God aka Cthulhu?
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

eyneill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: May 26, 2012, 02:43:27 pm »

I would be more than happy to help with some Mac testing, I have some basic coding and modding experience and can probably help with some minor tweaking/bugfixing. :D

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 MAC UPDATE
« Reply #4626 on: May 26, 2012, 02:48:18 pm »

The aforementioned moody weaponsmith gave me an iridium scimitar with a picture of a dwarf in iridium on it. I gave it to a swordsdwarf, gave him a suit of welded mithril plate, and gave him an axedwarf as a sparring buddy. Together, they have killed a FB. The swordsdwarf technically got the "killing blow", because he stabbed it in the spine. I think the axedwarf actually was the one who forced its head into a long distance relationship with its body, though.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: May 26, 2012, 03:28:27 pm »

I thought that was caused by bags of mercury which are liquid at room temperature thus causing them to be classified as molten rock and starting fires. Apparently this was fixed with 1.9.2 though?
I don't know what happened with mercury but the bug has not been fixed .

I can second this now too.  Been fooling around with just random embarks since the centaurs, and this hadn't happened to me since the latest patch, but this morning, new fort, one I was actually going to put some time into, aquifer layers but with meteoric to satisfy my metal needs till I could punch it.  Was digging out an elaborate grid for all my stockpiles underground, but still had all my wood above ground (clearcut the whole damned map cause i was planning on building walls and above ground buildings out of wood till I could punch the aquifer), caravan comes in, I'm underground watching my miners when I get a message "Caravan needs a Trade Depot."  Come up to see the whole surface level ablaze, all of the caravan dead and scattered about, and all of my wood burnt up except for a handfull of pieces.

*chuckles* Kinda funny how all of my fool around/learning embarks are relatively successful, but my serious ones all fail within the first 3 seasons XD.  Damn you Murphey's Law!

daxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: May 26, 2012, 05:19:29 pm »

Ok, I've been playing with the raws, and I've added PRONE_TO_RAGE to the golems. More specifically, I've added it to the list of tags added when dwarves get the golem syndrome thing. It helped...kinda.

Now, the golems will see something and become enraged and chase it. If they catch it quickly enough, they will fight it. If not, they will realize what they are doing and run away. Then they will enrage again, and chase the creature...then run away. So I believe I'm on the right track, at least.

This probably won't fix the burrow problem (the golems stay in burrows despite orders to station elsewhere), but at least it fixes one problem.

Torrasque666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: May 26, 2012, 07:36:26 pm »

I know this was asked earlier, but the guy didn't get a clear answer.

Why am I starting out as greenskins now? It even says so on embark, instead of TAB:Dwarfs it says TAB:Goblins.

I have not modded anything, its a clean install.
BOOM FOR THE BOOM GOD!
LOOT FOR THE LOOT THRONE!

You seem to be under the impression that we're playing some game other than dwarf fortress. It doesn't matter how powerful you make a creature, we will find a way to destroy it. God is dead, and Urist killed him.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4630 on: May 26, 2012, 08:42:12 pm »

So, zenerbufen, you like the amount of feedback ?

@the poster above me: Turn illithids OFF in the GUI, as posted on the frontpage.

@torrasque666: Why ? Cant tell with more intel, any settings changed in the GUI ?

@all: Sorry about the magma-content in bags, I havent tracked it down yet, because I cycle too much.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: May 26, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »

@Meph, I'm taking notes. ;) You will have a nice long list waiting for you when you get back.
@eyneill thanks. I might need you soon, having some issues with aliases and when I fix it id like to test it on another mac before releasing.
@everyone keep the reports coming, sorry if I can't respond to everything, having some stuff go in IRL last few days.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: May 27, 2012, 12:19:58 am »

This is how I managed to stop merucry AKA quicksilver from burning up stuff:

Find reaction_masterwork in raw folder.

Open it

Then you need to find every reaction with mercury in it and change mercury jar or bag to mercury pot. Then when caravan bring mercury with them, it should stop them from burning up things. I'm not sure as i have not tested it yet, so check it out by yourself.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4633 on: May 27, 2012, 12:52:31 am »

The mercury thing was an educated guess by me. I never said, and I am still not sure, if it really is the mercury. If yes, then it should be fixed... I had hoped that the magma-bag problem was solved, sorry to see that it isnt.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AssassinT90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: May 27, 2012, 02:27:23 am »

Excuse me if this sounds stupid, but how do I get a ward? I can't see it in my list of buildings, nor I can request it from the trader.
BTW, I'm playing with all new buildings disabled.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 749