Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838693 times)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 MAC UPDATE
« Reply #4560 on: May 24, 2012, 12:52:12 am »

Hate to add to the list of issues but something funky is going on with Dwarf Therapist too, when I sort by toughness the list is wrong. I don't know if it's sorting by something else but the list isn't in toughness order. Still I'm loving the integrated Dwarf Councillor, never really used it before.

In all I'm very much enjoying this version, as I play on a 37" screen the UI changes make much more use of the available area. Only thing is now there is a long list of materials at the forge and you can't use page up and down to skip through them so maybe some keyboard short cuts for metals etc?

So far I've had no diseases break out but also I haven't had any of those uber dwarves of the legion I liked so much! 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:55:12 am by SAFry »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: May 24, 2012, 02:08:01 am »

Hate to add to the list of issues but something funky is going on with Dwarf Therapist too, when I sort by toughness the list is wrong. I don't know if it's sorting by something else but the list isn't in toughness order. Still I'm loving the integrated Dwarf Councillor, never really used it before.

In all I'm very much enjoying this version, as I play on a 37" screen the UI changes make much more use of the available area. Only thing is now there is a long list of materials at the forge and you can't use page up and down to skip through them so maybe some keyboard short cuts for metals etc?

So far I've had no diseases break out but also I haven't had any of those uber dwarves of the legion I liked so much!

I am paranoid of carp again, and what would happen if a SECRET met a carp in combat?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: May 24, 2012, 02:29:45 am »

Couple forts back I had a guy who kept transforming into a rattlesnake during combat, not a weresnake as far as I could tell. I also found him doing Kung Fu moves in the combat logs, specifically drunken master style.

Wonder if those were secrets?

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: May 24, 2012, 02:36:25 am »

What is a carp? I didn't saw anyone suspicious in my forts before

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: May 24, 2012, 03:50:13 am »

Maki, before my time but I believe the carp used to be quite highly powered and would kill fishermen. I read about it a tutorial but never had it happen before but then I don't hang around rivers much. Have more trouble with cave crocs.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:51:45 am by SAFry »

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: May 24, 2012, 03:53:57 am »

Yeah in times of 40d and even before that (i wasn't there to see it unfortunately) carps were super megabeats.... They took any fisher underwater and killed them there. Rivers were scary places:) That's why there is a cult of carp-god.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: May 24, 2012, 04:20:01 am »

The included dwarf fortress is bleeding edge, not tried and true. I've noticed a couple quirks myself, since I switched over to playing with the windows port. I can't play without my therapist, and I'm used to it being quirky on the mac. At least it's even an option right now. The mac port doesn't work with 34.10 currently.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: May 24, 2012, 06:42:50 am »

Hate to add to the list of issues but something funky is going on with Dwarf Therapist too, when I sort by toughness the list is wrong. I don't know if it's sorting by something else but the list isn't in toughness order.
The list is in toughness order, but the symbols in every cell are caste based, so if a caste has 3000 as toughness mean value a dwarf of that caste with 3000 toughness will have an empty cell, while a dwarf of a caste that has 1000 as toughness mean value and has 3000 toughness will have a black diamond in his cell.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: May 24, 2012, 07:13:30 am »

Gotcha, thanks Shish, that explains that. Guess its not just the symbol but the description when you hover over too as my third one down said something like very flimsy and had a red square. no big deal now I understand what's going on.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #4569 on: May 24, 2012, 08:05:37 am »

Gotcha, thanks Shish, that explains that. Guess its not just the symbol but the description when you hover over too as my third one down said something like very flimsy and had a red square. no big deal now I understand what's going on.

yeah it's both the description and the drawing icon that are caste based. i wasn't sure if it was better to show the rating within a caste or compared to defaults. for example for the fighter castes, they often have a default very high strength, so they're always going to show as 'extremely strong' or whatever, even though, for their caste, they might be super weak. sorting though will always use the raw values.

however, this way it should match the in-game descriptions for the attributes, as the game changes them based on the caste ranges.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: May 24, 2012, 08:39:38 am »

Well after picking dwarves with weapon skills I usually use toughness to pick out my raw recruits. Regardless of what they're like compared to the rest of their caste I still want to be picking from the top of the list which I can now do again with confidance!

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: May 24, 2012, 10:46:21 am »

ok, been noticing a quirk since I've updated that I've haven't seen in earlier versions of Masterwork.  I've gone through 3 forts now that have been totally wiped out by summer of the first year by centaurs.  Wouldn't be so much a post worthy issue except in the first embark I had my walls all up and even cage traps, and had caught a couple other centaurs so I assumed one just escaped from a cage trap while it was being brought to my animal stockpile.  The second embark I had walls up but no traps, but I had both wardogs and war mastiffs tethered around the top level of my staircaise (6 in all) and somehow the centaur made it into my fort without fighting my dogs.  The third time I had just a ramshackle fort of 2 layers going, not much for defenses, no walls yet as I was setting up plugs to punch an aquifer, and again somehow the centaur made it into my fort.

I might just not be paying enough attention to them entering but It really seems like whenever they spawn 1 seems to spawn right in my fort.  All of these embarks were in good biomes, 2 of which were marshes, and the other a shrubland.  All 3 were flatlands, though the first and second embarks had minor hills on the edges of the map, but I was building dead center.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: May 24, 2012, 11:02:37 am »

Noticing a possible bug with the Great Magma Forge. Simply put, I can't build one. It constantly asks for 4 magma safe pipes. Built 4 glass pipes, since I've heard glass is magma safe. Nothing. Built copper (since I had no iron/steel yet), nothing. After my first steeloak harvest, make 4 steel pipe sections. STILL demanding 4 magma-safe pipe sections. Working on getting some obsidian pipes, but seriously, how much more magma safe does it want if steel is not enough? It's magma, not nuclear fire straight from the core of the sun...
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: May 24, 2012, 12:23:13 pm »

Well after picking dwarves with weapon skills I usually use toughness to pick out my raw recruits. Regardless of what they're like compared to the rest of their caste I still want to be picking from the top of the list which I can now do again with confidance!

Highly suggest considering Agility first.  Toughness is important but decent armor essentially replaces it.  Agility determines the speed of the dwarf and how fast he attacks.  It also seems to speed up training speed, probably because an agile dwarf makes more attacks in a period of time, and therefore gains xp faster.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4574 on: May 24, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »

fun fact: I like this mod.
Funnier fact: I keep downloading the mod with the updates.
Ultra fun fact: Real life prevents me from doing MORE than downloading the mod.
XD
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 749